PDA

View Full Version : Subscription Columns?

Little Blue
02-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Not sure where this should go, so I'm posting this here.

The columns in the List Subscription section are a bit screwed up.

The last post column now goes under the column where you select the posts, that column is now headed by Notification, and the notification column is now headed by Last Post.

I'm crap at describing stuff, but thought someone should know...

Loony BoB
02-13-2006, 11:06 PM
We've been redoing a few templates which required a revert since the vB3.5.3 upgrade. I'll leave this for clout, though, he's been taking care of things this time.

Dr Unne
02-13-2006, 11:42 PM
I recall having to fix this repeatedly a couple years ago. Is it broken in the default templates? You shouldn't have to fix that every time a template is reverted. Someone sue the vBulletin people or something.

Loony BoB
02-13-2006, 11:49 PM
There were quite a few templates that required reverting during the recent upgrade, since we went from 3.5.0 to 3.5.3 which had loads of fixes (as, naturally, a lot of people don't report bugs until after 3.5.0 is released), so we decided to clean up a bunch of them.

This is a pretty easy fix, though. If I wasn't so lazy at the moment I'd do it myself. But I like having one person do all the templates and for once it's not my turn. 8-)

Raistlin
02-13-2006, 11:55 PM
But I like having one person do all the templates
This is what happens when someone else messes with BooB's templates:

I don't give a fuck who you are, quit touching that bloody gap between posts etc. and the character details! God dammit, you people have no taste whatsoever. Don't make me hurt you. I have a blunt and rusty knife and I don't know how to use it, but I'm sure I can give you tetanus or something. Anyway. No touchy!

Loony BoB
02-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Seriously, man, those changes he made were awful. I don't even know why you made him an admin. I mean... yeah. I don't even know WHY.

Yamaneko
02-13-2006, 11:59 PM
That's when you gave The Man admin rights. See anything wrong with that sentence?

EDIT: Haha, BoB. :love:

Raistlin
02-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Seriously, man, those changes he made were awful. I don't even know why you made him an admin. I mean... yeah. I don't even know WHY.

That's when you gave The Man admin rights. See anything wrong with that sentence?
He said he was going to make a new style set, which of course he never did. I was just as frustrated with him as you were when he insisted on changing other things; remember my LJ rant? :p

Loony BoB
02-14-2006, 12:17 AM
He said he was going to make a new style set, which of course he never did.
I STILL don't even know why. I mean, that's like giving a gypsy the keys to your house because he said he was going to clean your windows.

Raistlin
02-14-2006, 01:05 AM
I STILL don't even know why. I mean, that's like giving a gypsy the keys to your house because he said he was going to clean your windows.
haha, yeah. xD

Daniel, this was back when I regularly posted at FG. Don't ask me why I did any of that crap back then, because I just don't know.

eestlinc
02-14-2006, 01:16 AM
little known fact: There was a proposed but eventually cut extra segment to the SNL "Bad Idea Jeans" skit in which The Man is given admin permissions at an internet forum.

crono_logical
02-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah, we had like 70-something templates to go through after the last upgrade :p I've also been taking my time over it because of Wild Arms on top of my usual anime load :D I'll look at it when I'm at work tomorrow :p

I think the reason why we have to repeatedly do the same thing over and over is because we've changed the column order and number of them compared to the default template :p Though it should be easier in vB 3.5, since there's a nice internal diff tool now so comparing templates is easier/faster than it used to be :p