PDA

View Full Version : Wings to Discovery

profskett
02-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know a way of getting loads of these quickly? I've won the 30 you get from the Remiem Temple chocobo race, but I don't have anywhere near enough money to keep bribing malboros. :confused:
There must be some better way...

Tavrobel
02-13-2006, 10:32 PM
This question has been asked before, and there are many things you can do.

Bribe Marlboro for 540,000 gil, drops 3 (uncommon), 4 (most common), or 5 (nearly never)

Bribe Greater Marlboro for 1,280,000 million gil (anywhere from 6-10, 8 is average)

Defeat Shinryu, normal kill equals a drop of one, overkill gives you 2 (provided he doesn't drop Dark Matter)

look_out_below
02-13-2006, 11:42 PM
A good way to get money to bribe Malboros is to have one of your fighting party have a weapon with the gillonare ability, go to Omega Ruins and fight mimics. They dont give you exp but they do give out alot of gil.

profskett
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Thank you both that is extremely helpful. :)

Just a quick (and probably completely rookie) question: what is shinryu? Is it one of the monsters from the arena?

Bomber
02-16-2006, 07:22 PM
In a word...yes.

BG-57
02-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Quick Question: Do you need them for Break HP Limit or for Triple AP?

If you want Triple AP weapons, it's easier to get them by defeating One-Eyes in the Arena. If you get one with two extra slots, you can remodel it with Overdrive -> AP (10 Doors to Tommorrow) and Triple Overdrive (30 Winning Formulas) to make the ultimate AP-gaining weapon.

Psydekick
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know a way of getting loads of these quickly? I've won the 30 you get from the Remiem Temple chocobo race, but I don't have anywhere near enough money to keep bribing malboros. :confused:
There must be some better way...
If youre good enough to kill Dark aeons you can jus get break hp armour from them :)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
yeh, n there's a chance they'll drop armour with break hp limit, ribbon and 2 free slots, though it's extremely rare! btw, my guide says u have to bribe malboro's 675,000 gil. r u sure ur rite tavrobel? i hope u r cos i cud save myself a ton of gil! :D

BG-57
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Tavrobel's list of Gil amounts is accurate. But why do you even need to bribe Malboros? You can get both Triple AP weapons and Break HP Limit armor without bothering with bribery.

Tavrobel
02-17-2006, 08:25 PM
the problem comes because most Break HP Limit items that are dropped do NOT have 4 slots (total) to customize. (The Break MP Limit ones will, but MP limit is useless by the time you can actually break it, AND break MP is easier to acheive). This is for the NA version, for I don't know much about the International versions, whether the items dropped from Dark Aeons actually have 4 slots. They never do if it is the NA version. The International version differs in a great way to the NA version (most of the stats of monsters and money are increased to accomodate the larger Sphere Grid). Triple AP weapons are dropped from the Species Creations, and Originals, NOT Area Creations.

Here what a typical drop looks like from Omega/Nemesis/other original monsters w/ Break HP Limit, and Break MP Limit

-Break HP Limit
-customizable
-customizable
-4th slot unavailable (no property/or customize)

-Break MP Limit
-customizable
-customizable
-customizable

Psydekick
02-17-2006, 08:46 PM
In answer to your question the Dark Aeons drop Break Hp Limit and another abillity and a 1 free slot or 2 free slots (It's the same with Ribbon too):)

Tavrobel
02-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Items with Break HP Limit usually don't have 4 total slots. People want the 3 extra slots so they can add Auto-Abilities worth using. so they can buy the Tetra items from Wantz in Macalania (the Thunder Plains entrance). It's just better and easier. 4 slots is better than 3.

BG-57
02-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Fair enough. Three slot AP-gaining weapons have worked fine for me. And I never bothered with Break HP Limit and haven't missed it at all. Maybe it's more useful when dealing with Penance and the like.

Tavrobel
02-18-2006, 01:34 PM
All Break HP Limit does is make your life easier. Doesn't really have a use by the time you reach 50k HP. (Unless you like seeing Characters better than half the late-game bosses in the game)

profskett
02-21-2006, 10:36 AM
I think I will do the bribing thing, if you know the right amount it stops you wasting money! When I tried Bribing a Great Malboro in Omega Ruins before I probably wasted double the amount I needed to give him cos I kept not giving him enough! Also I now have Nab Gil and Pilfer Gil abilities, which will presumably help quite a bit!