PDA

View Full Version : The strongest one survives...

Lychon
02-14-2006, 05:38 AM
I just came across this video comparing the physical endurances of the three major consoles (XBOX, GAMECUBE, and PS2)- not counting Xbox 360 since it is too new.

Guess which one wins?

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/107702/

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Nintendo's hardware has always been the most durable. I remember kids writing in to Nintendo Power about how their siblings dropped their Game Boy out a second-story window or submerged their Super Nintendo in an aquarium with no harm done.

ShunNakamura
02-14-2006, 07:02 AM
It looks like the XBox's own weight did it in :P.

As for super nintendo. Well my dad kicked it, threw it outside.. and did a lot of nasty stuff to it. It actually still has a foot print in it where you can see where he stomped on it. Ran just fine til one of the plugs in the back of it fell off. Now I can't it to work no matter what.

Though our playstation has been through rough stuff as well... well it was never left outside over night.

My brother actually hit his GBC with a lawn mower and was still able to play it. Not to mention the dogs got ahold of it. those things can take quite a betting. Though the cartridges break easily enough from my experience.

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2006, 07:14 AM
I use to turn off my NES and SNES by whipping the controller at it pretty hard. Both still work like a charm although I did have to replace the controllers eventually.

ShunNakamura
02-14-2006, 07:40 AM
I use to turn off my NES and SNES by whipping the controller at it pretty hard. Both still work like a charm although I did have to replace the controllers eventually.

I wonder why?

Remind me not to get you any sensitive electronic devices for a gift(if I were to every give you a gift that is).

Out of curiosity how long did those controllers last? I know my original SNES pads still work fairly well, and we tortured the poor things as little kids(think 4 or 5 years old.. and imagine how the pads must feel).

What I do know is I have never had any luck with PS pads. They fail left and right on me. Gets annoying. That is part of the reason I prefer to emulate my games on the PC. The PC pad doesn't fail anywhere near as often(read, never failed yet) as the PS pads do.

Samuraid
02-14-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm not surprised about the PS2; however, once simply could have snapped the panel back on the Xbox.

Cz
02-14-2006, 09:48 AM
My 'Cube still has teeth marks in it from an unfortunate session of Viewtiful Joe. Every one of its controllers has been hurled against a wall at some time or another, and the only lasting damage done was to a third-party pad. My PS2, on the other hand, has sat on the same flat surface for four and a half years and no longer reads any disc formats.

The verdict isn't that surprising.

Dreddz
02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Im pretty sure something like this has been done before and the Nintendo came out tops in that one too, I think the Gadget show did it....

Rostum
02-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Man, I couldn't watch it all, the damn girl on it was so annoying. >.<; I'm guessing Nintendo won?

Madame Adequate
02-14-2006, 12:40 PM
My 'Cube still has teeth marks in it from an unfortunate session of Viewtiful Joe. Every one of its controllers has been hurled against a wall at some time or another, and the only lasting damage done was to a third-party pad. My PS2, on the other hand, has sat on the same flat surface for four and a half years and no longer reads any disc formats.

The verdict isn't that surprising.

You bit the console itself?! Wow! I only bite controllers.

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2006, 03:27 PM
I wonder why?

Remind me not to get you any sensitive electronic devices for a gift(if I were to every give you a gift that is).

Out of curiosity how long did those controllers last? I know my original SNES pads still work fairly well, and we tortured the poor things as little kids(think 4 or 5 years old.. and imagine how the pads must feel).

They lasted about 5 years or more...I think. Nintendo builds a strong product. Because I only threw the control at the console it didn't really break it or anything else. It isn't like some people who some how go through a few controllers a year. The only thing I can think of that could be done for that to happen is people jumping on the controller or taking a sledge to it.

Madame Adequate
02-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I've never had problems with any gear except for the original PS. My girlfriend's PS2 is a wreck, but then, they had that at the same time they had a newborn/toddler. So it's not terribly surprising.

ShunNakamura
02-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I've never had problems with any gear except for the original PS. My girlfriend's PS2 is a wreck, but then, they had that at the same time they had a newborn/toddler. So it's not terribly surprising.

The funny thing is our PS went through young kids bashing and beating on it(it looks in poor shape now). And it worked up til a year or so ago. However, I do have issues with the PS pads ... They seem to die on me in a couple years time easy. And we don't use them hardly at all. they usually just sit by the PS out of everyones way. Man.... I may have spent more on pads then on games for that console.

Samuraid
02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Man, I couldn't watch it all, the damn girl on it was so annoying. >.<; I'm guessing Nintendo won?
I think that's Morgan Webb from XPlay. Yeah, she is annoying sometimes.