PDA

View Full Version : CSI or Law and Order.

Gopher Gamble
02-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I <3 law and order. How about you? Law and Order or CSI?

a nirvana fan
02-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Urgh I hate watching them shows, there always on late night TV and Im like nooooooooooo.

Gopher Gamble
02-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Why?

Madame Adequate
02-14-2006, 02:03 PM
That is a really tough one. I love them both.

But basically, this boils down to Grissom (Vegas) Vs. Goren (Criminal Intent). And I have to say... Goren wins.

Mo-Nercy
02-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I only watch Law and Order. I <3 it and I don't think CSI could top it.

escobert
02-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I've only ever really watched CSI. I don't prefer either or.

Lindy
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I prefer CSI because, in studying Forensic Science, it's turned into high comedy.

Epiphany
02-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Equally matched, but I tend to watch CSI more often.

D.os
02-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I only watch CSI. A very good show :)

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Law and Order for me. CSI is okay but I like that Law and Order goes through the trail phase and stuff like that which CSI doesn't do.

Leeza
02-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I used to watch Law & Order and Law & Order SVU, but I don't anymore. There are only so many TV hours to go around and after Jerry Orbach was gone, I just couldn't get into it anymore. I do watch all of the CSIs and well as NCIS. Although it does always seem to be just too convenient that they'll find just that one thread in some obscure place just in time to solve the murder. And it seems that an unusual amount of victims have some vital clue lodged in their throats.

Maxico
02-14-2006, 08:30 PM
CSI is awesome because the detective have superpowered eyesight.

WHOOSH!

Also because they do everything. Investigate, interrogate and sometime assist in arresting suspects. Nothing is beyond this forensics team.

They're like mini superheroes.

Miriel
02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
I used to watch Law & Order and Law & Order SVU, but I don't anymore. There are only so many TV hours to go around and after Jerry Orbach was gone, I just couldn't get into it anymore.
R.I.P. Jerry Orbach. :(

I still catch Law & Order SVU whenever I can, it's not as great as it once was, but it's still a million times better than those CSI shows.

Yamaneko
02-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Nonsensical witty dialogue, endings that wrap up nice and neat, and horrible acting for the most part put me off. The only "cop" show I watch is The Shield. At least it's somewhat believable.

Leeza
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
The Shield is good, but after one too many gory torture scenes, I stopped watching it. I need to sleep at night. :)

Twisted Tinkerbell
02-14-2006, 11:15 PM
I love CSI.

Rusty
02-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Law & Order SVU. Heaps better than CSI.

Giga Guess
02-15-2006, 01:15 AM
CSI....CSI is formulaic, but nowhere near as badly as Law and Order.

Raistlin
02-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Law & Order, no contest. It's sad that Orbach is gone, but Sam Waterston is really what makes L&O great. I can't stand SVU.

But I want to be a lawyer, so I'm definitely biased to the show that has the trial stuff.

Jimmch939
02-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Law and Order, hands down.

Madame Adequate
02-15-2006, 03:04 AM
I have to say, with CSI, I would like just once for the death to be an accident or something.

*Shrugs* still fun to watch. And yeah, when you know even rudimentary stuff about forensics (Or the legal process, or government databases on things.) it's also amusing. But hey, it's TV. When did that have to be real?

I Don't Need A Name
02-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I hate CSI and i have never heard of Law And Order. SO i will go for "Waking The Dead" The english and much more interesting form of CSI

CardPrincessElena
02-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Well really! I may be slightly biased since I am addicted to CSI (as in I watch it nearly every night) and have never heard of Law and Order but CSI is the best! Plus I can sit and laugh at the weak stomachs of my family ("Ewww that's gross!!").
I think that having a section about the trial would be boring. Who cares? The evidence proves they're guilty, shove 'em in jail! <--- Owch that sounded harsh didn't it? But seriously, CSI rules. Seriously!!

Oh yeah, and Greg Sanders is HAWT!!! :love: I luffs Greg! :love:

Giga Guess
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Well really! I may be slightly biased since I am addicted to CSI (as in I watch it nearly every night) and have never heard of Law and Order but CSI is the best! Plus I can sit and laugh at the weak stomachs of my family ("Ewww that's gross!!").
I think that having a section about the trial would be boring. Who cares? The evidence proves they're guilty, shove 'em in jail! <--- Owch that sounded harsh didn't it? But seriously, CSI rules. Seriously!!

Oh yeah, and Greg Sanders is HAWT!!! :love: I luffs Greg! :love:

Nick Stokes too....*drools*

Obsidian
02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
I was never really a fan of the genre... But then I saw CSI Miami.

The main character is such a ham! I love him! :D I try my hardest to catch it whenever it is on now.

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I hate CSI and i have never heard of Law And Order. SO i will go for "Waking The Dead" The english and much more interesting form of CSI

Seeing as how Law & Order deals mainly with the US legal system, even if you did see it you might be confused. Just as I am confused whenever I happen to see Rumple of the Court or whatever that show is.

Raistlin
02-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Seeing as how Law & Order deals mainly with the US legal system, even if you did see it you might be confused. Just as I am confused whenever I happen to see Rumple of the Court or whatever that show is.
Rumpole? I haven't seen the show, but those books are great. I've read a fair amount of English literature though.

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Yeah. That is the one. I have seen a few episodes on PBS and I just go "WHAT iS GOING ON herE?!" It seemed like Englands MAAAAAAAAAATLOOOOOOOOOCK!