PDA

View Full Version : What's the first thing you do when a battle starts?

MogThief
02-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I like to see what every person on the AT list is going to do and where they're going to move, but I'll stop once I get to my last unit. Doing this helps me lure enemies, stay away from enemy attacks, etc. This is something I started doing about three months ago(I've been playing for eight years), and I'm getting better at it.

Tempest
02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
For normal battles I see what the baddies have a equipped to steal, then later when everyone has the best stuff I check the AT list too. For story line battles I see what the enemy stats are.

Gilthanes
02-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah I do same thing as Kains Girl. I check enemy equips and sometimes their skills/names and such. As far as battle procedures go. Early in game I always throw up Golem first, and haste my main offensive people. Later in game, jesus, I just send Orlandu to the front and let everyone else have a 5 minute smoke break while Orlandu wins the game O_o

feioncastor
02-15-2006, 12:18 AM
I check enemies to see if they have anything I want to steal, then I assess the situation, determine what approach I should use... etc.

Once I actually begin fighting, I almost always use booster stuff on my guys. I'll use Scream, or Protect/Shell, that type of thing.

Tempest
02-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Later in game, jesus, I just send Orlandu to the front and let everyone else have a 5 minute smoke break while Orlandu wins the game O_o
Ha, ha. Same here, actually.

Gilthanes
02-15-2006, 12:49 AM
I really cant imagine a serious discussion among the game creators as to why Orlandu was put in your team.

"Ok its Chapter 4, lets give them an "I Win" button"
"It can be a playable character, someone who hits really hard"
"Oh, and the damage he does do, heals his hp to full"
"I like where your heads at, but its just not enough. Lets also give him a weapon that makes his attacks do even more damage, AND lets him attack twice as fast as anyone else"
"good idea, lets do it"

Tempest
02-15-2006, 01:05 AM
And also:
"Oh, and let's name him Thunder God Cid."

Seriously, I win button.

Despotus
02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Early in the game: I group my units on adjoining squares of the same height and cast spells like Haste and Protect before trying to take out any enemies. And, I look over any enemy equipment I might like to keep or sell.

Later in the game: I always have either a Ribbon or 108 Gems equipped on all my characters. So the first thing I do in any battle is have a Wizard with Math Skill calculate "CTx5 Frog" on everybody. Most enemy units become Frogs and my units all guard. I proceed to punish the enemies that did manage to evade the spell, then turn my attention to the Frogs. Stealing all equipment from any human opponents will be a snap now!

MogThief
02-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Early in the game: I group my units on adjoining squares of the same height and cast spells like Haste and Protect before trying to take out any enemies. And, I look over any enemy equipment I might like to keep or sell.

Later in the game: I always have either a Ribbon or 108 Gems equipped on all my characters. So the first thing I do in any battle is have a Wizard with Math Skill calculate "CTx5 Frog" on everybody. Most enemy units become Frogs and my units all guard. I proceed to punish the enemies that did manage to evade the spell, then turn my attention to the Frogs. Stealing all equipment from any human opponents will be a snap now!

Yeah, I use Kiyomori at the beginning of battle as well if there are a lot of strong enemies.

yuno
02-16-2006, 08:36 AM
i hit hard on everyone with *whatever math skill*-holy with excalibur equipped on all my characters.all th enemies take max damage (or something close) and all my characters get healed to max hp (even though they havent taken any damage yet).

Ziekfried
02-16-2006, 06:10 PM
YO! I check enemy stats, equip, and CT too but later in the game stat and equip are irrelevant seeing as how my crew lays the smack down harder than the right and left hands from Super Smash Bros. Meele. and thats without using Orlandu sure he is godlike but all my crew by the end of the game is godlike so battles are usually over before they start.

Dignified Pauper
02-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I check for equipment to steal.

I check classes to see if I might be able to learn an ability.

Further, I optimize my party formation for decimating effects.

The triangle of three with a mage and archer in a middle is always nice.

Ragnarok
03-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Accumulate!

Cowboys From Hell
03-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Check stats and equipment and stuff then cast holy with calculate and see if i can get a goof thing to get as many enemys and as little allies damaged.

Jsb01
03-10-2006, 06:10 AM
cast protective magic, and power up