PDA

View Full Version : A question for the FFX-2 lovers..

Setzer Gabianni
02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Have you played anything before FFVII?

Because you'd be surprised at how some of the early classics will appeal to you!

For instance, FFVI is a great old classic - has anyone even played it in here?

I'm just asking because of what I have seen around these areas is that not a lot of you have played earlier titles =/

~Setzer Gabianni

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I have played the american FFIII which I think is the japanese FFVI. I didn't get very far as I don't know how to use blitz. it was good while it last...the whole 15 minutes of the start. :(

Setzer Gabianni
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Huh? You mean Sabins technique? =/

It's pretty easy, once you get him in your party, just check out his Blitz and memorise or write down the code for later usage

~Setzer Gabianni

kikimm
02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not exactly an FFX-2 lover, but eh.

I think I played about 15 hours of FFVI, and I wasn't really able to get into it all that much, which was disappointing, since I'd heard such great things. I do want to continue, and finish it, but I'm just not motivated right now. Same thing happened with FFI.

Marluxiaswife
02-15-2006, 02:21 AM
well i do play those final fantasy games but gave up in FFVII, i'm not watching FFVII AC movie to scarey, anyways i mostly love playing ffx-2

Lynx
02-15-2006, 04:17 AM
FFVI has got to be one of the best if not the best. it had a great story its hard to make an entire game without a real main character. it was the first final fantasy i beat if i remember correctly it was FFIII back then. great game. also had the best characters. locke rules mog so funny.

also dont forget FFIV. another great oldy. that was a final fantasy i would play from 8pm-4am every night until i beat it. i remeber being on low levels and only winning because kain was always in the air when the enemy attacked. also it was a final fantasy that actually had to do with crystals unlike newer ones. also had some of the best and most memorable music in final fantasy.

Eiko Guy
02-15-2006, 04:42 AM
i only played 8 and up but i want to play them all so sleep with them near you or they'll magically dissapear

Slade
02-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Final Fantasy V is the best of the 'oldies' in my opinion. Its quite similar to X-2 with the whole job aspect, so why not give that a shot? :)
(who am I talking to again? :confused: )

Lost Number
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I have played all the FFs, and rank X-2 not least among them.

I Don't Need A Name
02-15-2006, 08:55 PM
FFVI has got to be one of the best if not the best. it had a great story its hard to make an entire game without a real main character.
also dont forget FFIV. another great oldy. also it was a final fantasy that actually had to do with crystals unlike newer ones. also had some of the best and most memorable music in final fantasy.
Yes i agree! VI is amazing, as is IV however i did find the crystals very tedious (as they were used in FF 1-5)

Yuna_wannabe
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
...i have only played 10 and 10-2 and watched someone play a bit of 7...

Lauz
02-16-2006, 06:39 AM
ive played right through VI & V, but gave up on IV (cause i got stuck) restarted the whole game, and got stuck in exactly the same place...havent played it since

DMKA
02-16-2006, 07:22 AM
I've played them all, and I must say, I like VII and after better than VI and before...except for the fact that after V challenge is something you have to look for.

I really liked X-2, and it's really shallow to just assume people who like it must just be ignorant of the pre-FFVII games. Infact, I think the originality was what I liked best about it. It also has the best battle system in my opinion.

Setzer Gabianni
02-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Yo, I'm not being ignorant, I'm just asking people simply if they have played any pre-FFVII games because I haven't seem the X-2 people post elsewhere much :)

~Setzer Gabianni

a nirvana fan
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Does this have anything to do with Final Fantasy X-2?

Setzer Gabianni
02-16-2006, 11:36 AM
It concerns FFX-2 fans? Well I guess I could develop it some more, and ask if anyone thinks certain elements of X-2 are better then other FF's :)

~Setzer Gabianni

HowlingMonkey
02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
I've completed I, II and IV, played a bit of III, a lot of V and got massacred by Vargas on VI. Stupid Blitz.

boys from the dwarf
02-16-2006, 11:58 AM
FFx-2 is my least favourite FF but i have played all of the FFs apart from 3 and 11. but im having problem with my PS1 disks because they wont work on my PS2 very well. its either the disks or the PS2 because my PS2 is so old that its DVD player doesnt work.this isnt a problem though because ill get the GBA and nintendo DS versions. and when i get DS FF3 my collection will be complete!mwuhahaha!!!

Acid Raine
02-17-2006, 04:00 AM
Yes, I have. I like X-2, and I have played I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X. Now X-2 is certainly not my favorite, but I did enjoy it. IMO, my favorite was VI also. It was the first time a FF actually had a definite storyline, and an excellent one at that. To sum it up: X-2 lovers arent only FF newbies who only like it because they are ignorant of the other, better, ones. Granted.....I only BEAT IV, VII, VIII, and X, but I played all of them....

Loony BoB
02-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Does this have anything to do with Final Fantasy X-2?
Just for clarification to anyone who's looking for it, I believe what he's trying to say is that he's looking to see which people of those that have played X-2 have also played the earlier games. Since he only wants to hear from people who have played X-2, I would agree that this is the best forum for this thread to be placed in.

Ariel
02-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Yep. I've played FFVI, and I've been meaning to play IV for a fair while now. My gaming started with California Games on the Commodore 64. =P

X-2 probably attracts newer fans because it's a very different style to the previous FF games. Also, it can be harder to get into an older game when you've grown used to detailed battle systems, clear graphics, high quality translation, etc. I don't mean that a feel for an older game can't be found; quite the contrary. Some of my favourite games are from the older era.

X-2 is enjoyable in a different way, as well as being the most recent FF, so it's pretty possible that the people who've played it might not be fans of the older ones, or even interested in playing them. *shrugs*

SeeDRankLou
02-17-2006, 07:14 PM
I have played all of them except FFIII (which my DS is patiently waiting for). Some of the older ones were ok, two of them were really good. I liked FFX-2 quite a bit.

Dreddz
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I'd find it hard to know that some prefer X-2 to FFVI.

true_bacon22
02-17-2006, 10:57 PM
ive played every FF except for the mystic quests I even played through the japenese 3(got a rom for ittranslated)
i beat 1&2 on GBA i beat 3 4 5 6 on roms cuz i cant find anthology or those ones. and i beat 7 8 9 10 10-2 and tactics on playsttion. they are all good. There is no such thing as a BAD final fantasy(excluding the movie final fantasy spirits withing) they are all pro. if theyre good theres only 3 problems wrong. Like x-2 it got really cheesy sometimes but was fine and you sould have the black mage learn all the Fucking black magic. and 8 only get rid of having amounts of magic and put in MP.you absolutly sould play all of them becuase youll notice that theres neat connections in all of them.:)

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Yes I have, but I got into FF late, so I've played
1 and 2 DoS, 4 ADV., and 5 on Anthology.

YTDN
02-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I've played all the games from VI to X-2. Sadly, the only one i've completed is X-2, because it is peasy. Y'know why? I always get stuck at somewhere and can't get motivated to try. VI I got stuck at the floating continent, VII I was doing really well at the start but then my Playstation smurfed up and I lost all my data, VIII i am currently playing, IX I got stuck at the part when Steiner and Marcus escape from that cage thing, X I got stuck... somewhere. But I already know all the story snce I watch my sis playing them:p . Anyway, I'm planing on finishing VIII... eventually.

Lexy
02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I started playing FF when IV came out in the US, and since then I have atleast played every FF game- never finished I, II, or V, but I'm workin' on II on my wonderswan color. I'm a life long FF fanatic, and although I am only maybe 15 or so hours into X-2, I am really enjoying it.
I really like it because it has some of my favorite aspects from older FF's- the dress sphere system is just a stupid name for the job system, obviously, and I love the job system- my favorite FF is 3, partly because of the delightful job system in that game. Then there's active time battle, which I didn't even realized I missed until I picked X-2 up after finishing X. It is so refreshing for battles to actually be exciting and nerve-wracking. Then, the abilities system is rad- reminds me of the esper system from VI, although in VI you could still use your learned abilities even after unequiping the esper who taught you those abilities, right? I forget, in VII could you use abilities you learned from a certain materia after unequiping that materia? I think you could. Well, in any case, I like that you can control what abilities you learn, even if you can't carry them from job to job- but I guess that's the way it is with games that use the job system. So for those 3 factors alone I am seriously liking this game. Oh, and how the accessories are basically identical to relics from VI- I loved relics, so I really like how the same thing basically is in X-2.
My point is....yeah, I really like X-2 and I have been playing FF nearly my whole life. It's funny to think that maybe for a lot of people, it is the first and only FF they have played, because maybe they don't realize how it incorporates all these great aspects from earlier FF's.

Slade
02-23-2006, 05:41 AM
I've played IV-X aswell as Chrono Trigger and Kingdom Hearts (if they count). X-2 is the latest one I played. I liked it, but not as much as any of the other titles.

Marluxiaswife
02-23-2006, 03:19 PM
(Sorry if it counts double posting)
But Yeah i played FFVIII,FF6,FFX and Kingdom Hearts,
But still i'm most into Final Fantasy X-2 and i have to start over anyways cause my memory card mess up so i got a new on so i'm all the way back in chapter 1 >.<

tidusguy#1
02-25-2006, 09:12 PM
acid raine said:
X-2 lovers arent only FF newbies who only like it because they are ignorant of the other, better, ones. Granted.....I only BEAT IV, VII, VIII, and X, but I played all of them....

i aint an ff newbie, i played vII AND vI aswell, and x and x-2 are my faves, so youre wrong.

Roto13
02-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Played Final Fantasy VI? Hell yes! It's my favourite game! I've actually played every Final Fantasy but XI, and I've finished IV-X-2. The worst one, believe it or not, I believe to be VII O_o'

But yes, I started playing this game again yesterday and I remembered why I love it. It's fun. That's all. The story and atmosphere are lacking a bit, but it's a fun game to play.

Speaking of atmosphere, isn't VI's atmosphere amazing, considering it's 16 bits? I can't wait for the GBA version!

If you haven't seen the Terra in Black music video, download it now. It has some VI spoilers.

www.jillsandwich.net/videos/Terra_in_Black.zip