PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid theory

Lost Number
02-14-2006, 08:53 PM
K' this is pointless, but to explain the high summoner problem, maybe in addition to all the other methods described elsewhere, what about simply Sin being turned away? In operation Mi'ihen, they used sinspawn to draw sin. Thsi could mean they have been used before. In 1000 years, someone must have figured it out? Or maybe Summoners could (without the final summoning) damage Sin enough to make it leave a certain area alone, to distract it like the Kilika sailors try to do. This could minimize the amount of damage caused. Also, Yu Yevon (in the beginning) may have had some control over Sin, and not yet have been imersed fully to summoning. Feel free to rip this idea apart.

Tavrobel
02-14-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, but if you are trying to state that Sin can be chased away, yes, that is true. The whole point of the Crusaders was to chase away Sin (after they became the Crusaders).

It is evidenced that Summoners don't really fight Sin unless necessary, unless it is to help chase Sin away. Or that they are such a precious commodity that the people don't WANT them to fight until they use the Final summoning (Kudos to the Yevon coverup), even if they COULD damage Sin with normal Aeons (Yuna apparently can't says Seymour, but she fights Sin, 3 times before her final encounter? PLUS Jecht is Tidus' father)

Sin was always an Aeon, but after the first Sin, it's role and ease to control must have been much easier for Yu Yevon to exert. At first, Sin was the summon of MANY fayths, but after the first one died, it changed to ONE, and considering how much people hate Sin, it would not be completely moronic to imply that Yu Yevon took the Guardian's good intentions, and turned them into another monstrosity.

This also brings up what actually happens to your train of thought after you are dead... although this would probably draw in some aspects of being dead from actual religions. Basically, (albiet over simplified), after you are dead, you begin to learn everything and anything possible. This also means you see the "truth" of what you fight, but your zealotry overtakes you, and you become a mockery of that which you once believed in (even if through ignorance). This would explain Mika's behavior, Seymour's behavior AFTER his death (he was wasn't really different while alive, but he could not do anything about it), as well as other people's.
A nice analogy would be that you have a Republican, and he gets to become SO Republican, he turns out to support the Liberals, given the correct "information".

Overall, the idea is fundamentally sound, but doesn't really contradict anything that is debatable, but it does not add anything new. No offense intended.

Lost Number
02-14-2006, 09:36 PM
It was just an idea came to me. Thiught it was pretty stupid, I gennerally stay out of theories, for obvious reasons.

Tavrobel
02-14-2006, 09:42 PM
It's not a bad theory, it just doesn't add anything new or debatable.

Now if you had said "Yuna is actually dead, and I can tell you why", then people would have problems.

Lost Number
02-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, but I cant tell you why.

Psydekick
02-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Good thoey Lost Number it sort of works:)

Little Blue
02-15-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm curious to know what High Summoner problem? Is it the fact that there are only about 4 out of the entire millennium, indicating that Sin has only been killed 4 times (excluding Yunalesca), which implies that Sin should have killed everyone in spira by now?

If so, then this theory is quite similar to one of mine. With crusaders, warrior monks, boats and summoners all providng distractions for Sin, it is unlikely that Sin would have been killing all the time... Also, summoners may have been able to obtain the FA and battle Sin, but screw up because their bond with the aeon is not strong enough, thus having a final battle that may heavily damage Sin, but not fataly and causing it to go off for a few days to recover... That bit is part of my own theory...

Lost Number
02-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Like I said. As I said, fairly pointles.

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 08:17 PM
It is unlikely Yunalesca would have allowed anyone to use the Final Summoning if their bond was not strong enough. And the whole point of journeying is to strengthen that bond (which explains why is it is forbidden to journey to Zanarkand without the required Aeons AT LEAST).

Of course, there is also the case of Seymour, who does have a Final Aeon (his mother), but since she was never used, she required a fayth to continue, especially after Seymour's death, at which point she would have become useless. This also explains her insane abilities and stats when you receive her. Some Summoners could have turned back. (This could have been the case with Omega, but it seems rather unlikely)

Lost Number
02-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I personally would judge that since (what do ya call that High summoner, begins with Y, see her in Zanarkand) was a summoner and previously fought Sin, there could be those who became summoners, and then gave up, and used summons to distract sin, like crusaders.

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Her name is Yunalesca.

And summoners would not use the FA to merely damage Sin. How degrading that would be for the person that became the FA. And once you use the FA, you are dead. the only exception would be Seymour, who was perhaps, 5 when he got Anima. So Yunalesca could have made an exception to let her live beyond one summon.

Lost Number
02-15-2006, 08:52 PM
No, not Yunalesca. Yucon? Something like that. And I did not say FA.

Little Blue
02-15-2006, 09:05 PM
It is Yocun that you see at the start of the Zanarkand Dome.

Anyway, I would like to point out that Anima is no different to any other FA. If seymour had used her against sin when he was a kid, he would have died if the aeon was successful. The fact that he didn't use her aganst sin allows him to treat it like a normal aeon, up to the point where he made a temple for her and shows her off in Luca. Even now in fact, if seymour used Anima against Sin, he probably wouldn't die as the bond between him and his mother would have died with time so Anima becomes just another Aeon.

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Good point. It does only say that FAs kill summoners if they are used against Sin. This is probably what happened to the regular Aeons we see throughout the game. They could have been failed FAs at one point. Of course, he only used Anima to get Yuna to listen to him.

Little Blue
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
The problem with that theory is what would a pilgrimage be without the aeons already in the temples...

A pilgrimage exists to train a summoner to be ready for that FA by getting them used to Summoning aeons. If the FA came before the temple aeons, there would be no suitable summoners... Or summoners in general...

Tavrobel
02-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Not necessarily ALL of them. But for all we know, that's what could've happened. The original fayths could have been lost (like Yojimbo), but some new one was always there to replace it. But since you need at least one Aeon to have an FA... well, who will know? The problem of the origins of the normal fayth is never touched upon in FFX or FFX-2.