PDA

View Full Version : How has the romance in Final Fantasy VIII affected you in love?

Shoeberto
02-14-2006, 11:45 PM
It has affected me greatly because of the great romantic bonds found in it. Two characters I feel that I am able to relate to romantically are Laguna and Raine. The Man With The Machine Gun is just so dreamy :love:

Hambone
02-14-2006, 11:53 PM
I have always thought about my relationship with my girlfriend as sort of a Squall/Rinoa thing. I'm quiet and my girlfriend is loud and perky.

rubah
02-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Rinoa has become my role model, and she is more aggressive than I was, so I too became a bit more aggressive~

This helps me in trying to lasso men, like the coygirl I am.

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 12:49 AM
Rinoa has become my role model, and she is more aggressive than I was, so I too became a bit more aggressive~

This helps me in trying to lasso men, like the coygirl I am.
A lasso sounds like a very kinky implement in getting men. How has this affected your love life?

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-15-2006, 12:59 AM
I learned that if I ignore everyone and act like a complete jerk, hot women will start hitting on me.

So far, no luck.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-15-2006, 01:27 AM
yeah, that doesn't seem to work in real life Devourer. for me, I haven't been in a relationship yet since i am not one fo those guys who just go after every girl they see. I look for the that i feel that i could spend my whole life with. For the FFVIII thing, ummm......dunno. It was really romantic though. I like the scene on the ragnarok. :D

rubah
02-15-2006, 01:29 AM
A lasso sounds like a very kinky implement in getting men. How has this affected your love life?
Well, sometimes when I find a coyboy I am particularly interested in it can lead to a bit of a power struggle. you know, what with them being good at using lassos also.

Sadly I've never gotten far enough to put the rope to any other use.

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Well, sometimes when I find a coyboy I am particularly interested in it can lead to a bit of a power struggle. you know, what with them being good at using lassos also.

Sadly I've never gotten far enough to put the rope to any other use.
Oh? I can't imagine what other uses there could be for a lasso. How has this affected your love life?

rubah
02-15-2006, 01:34 AM
It means that currently I am not involved with any coyboys:(

Normal men who are in training to become coyboys is another matter though.

Sir, how does this information affect YOU?

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Sir, how does this information affect YOU?
I think I need to buy some rope.

How would that affect your love life?

rubah
02-15-2006, 01:39 AM
I think that perhaps you would get lassoed in that case and I would have to love on you.

Perhaps not.

What do you think?

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I think I would like very much to be loved upon. How would be the best way to go about figuring out how to properly lasso you?

rubah
02-15-2006, 01:59 AM
You might could try practicing lassoing things until you get good at it!

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Would you mind if I lasso'd you?

Psychotic
02-15-2006, 02:04 AM
I think you filthy spammers should quit it, or I'll ban you both. :irked:

nik0tine
02-15-2006, 02:05 AM
It gave me a boner, if that's what you mean.

rubah
02-15-2006, 02:06 AM
I think you should lasso me if you're able to.

Irvine would, if he were a real coyboy, and not just wearing the hat.

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Psy, I would appreciate it if you did not mod whore or go off topic in this thread. This is a special valentine's day thread to discuss how the romantic plot of FFVIII has affected your life romanticly. Please stay on topic.

I think you should lasso me if you're able to.
I need you to practice on :)
*lassos you~*

rubah
02-15-2006, 02:09 AM
I don't remember this being in the script!

Does anyone have a remedy for rope burns?

Psychotic
02-15-2006, 02:11 AM
The love in FFVIII inspired me to moderate like a pro. Squall's refusal to let Rinoa be taken away is just like my refusal to allow spam to continue.

I'll be waiting for you. If you spam here, you'll find me.

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 02:11 AM
Yes. . . but it shouldn't be mentioned outside of the room ;)

It involves me rubbing aloe on the burns. And then you sit down and I go make a meal of some sort.

Crap I mentioned it:(

rubah
02-15-2006, 03:09 AM
this is surprising:O ff9 was the one with all the meals and eating!

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 03:15 AM
FFIX? Psh. Psssssssssssh.

Would you prefer that I bring up large gunblades and the usage of SeeD?

Hambone
02-15-2006, 03:18 AM
yeah.

rubah
02-15-2006, 03:23 AM
I guess lulu's moogle wants you to. I would rather you didn't, as that scarred me terribly.

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 03:44 AM
I don't know that I could handle a gunblade that is too big. The burden would be unimaginable.

rubah
02-15-2006, 03:58 AM
you'd have to be specially trained, I'm sure. But that takes too much effort, as you're already being trained~

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 04:06 AM
Trained? Nay, miss. Though I have heard rumors of your training with a whip-like device, akin to that of Quistis'. Are these rumors true?

Necronopticous
02-15-2006, 04:07 AM
This game actually impacted me to embarrassing extent. When Final Fantasy VIII came out I was in my obligatory teenage "I hate everyone and I know everything" stage, I really found myself relating to Squall in a sense that I wanted to be like him, I wanted to have people throwing their feelings at me so that I could shun them away. As the game progressed I felt myself changing with Squall as he begins to learn to accept the responsibility of other's feelings and open up. The whole thing made me really emotionally vulnerable and I distinctly remember the space rescue scene and "Eyes on Me" successor scene in the Ragnarok had me completely soaked in tears. It sounds funny to say it but the night I first played through that sequence I have a feeling I really honestly changed me quite a bit as a person.

rubah
02-15-2006, 04:11 AM
They are not!

Necro, I'm a bit embarassed, because my honest to gosh thoughts during the space scene was 'c'mon, where's my hot hot astronaut secks'.

It seems as thought many people go through a quiet, unpersonable stage during their adolescence. I wonder how many would have had ff8 never been made.

Shoeberto
02-15-2006, 04:12 AM
It seems as thought many people go through a quiet, unpersonable stage during their adolescence. I wonder how many would have had ff8 never been made.
I'm e-raising my cyberhand.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-15-2006, 04:13 AM
sry, but Hsu and rubah have left the topic and are now in the scene on the Ragnarok with "Eyes on Me" playing in the background. If you would like to leave a message or bring them back to reality, do it after the beep................................................................................................ .................................................................................................... .......................beep!