PDA

View Full Version : FFVII HELP!!!please look!

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 12:16 AM
how do u use the level 4 limit break items???

Leeza
02-15-2006, 12:17 AM
I can't help you, but I'll just move this over to the FFVII forum for you. Maybe someone can help you here. :)

Meat Puppet
02-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Have you tried activating them from the item bag or whatever it is?
Have you got all the limits for limit level 1, 2 and 3?

edit: ffs :(

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Have you tried activating them from the item bag or whatever it is?
Have you got all the limits for limit level 1, 2 and 3?

edit: ffs :(
ya! and i try to use it from the item bag and it the people won't take them

Dreddz
02-15-2006, 01:40 AM
I think you have got to be at certain points in the game for you to be able to use them.

Levian
02-15-2006, 01:45 AM
The person you use it on has to already know 6 other limits before you can use the 4th level limit break.

kk, Looky here:

Cloud needs to know all these before you can use the item Omnislash on him:
LV1.0 Braver
LV1.1 Cross-Slash
LV2.0 Blade Beam
LV2.1 Climhazzard
LV3.0 Meteorain
LV3.1 Finishing Touch

To gain Blade Beam and Meteorain or any other first limit within a limit level(the ones ending in .0), you have to kill a certain amount of enemies. (around 60 to 80 depending on which character you are using)

To gain Cross-Slash, Climhazzard and Finishing Touch, you need to use their respective first limit break within their level an amount of times. (Use Braver 8 times to get Cross-Slash, use Meteorain 6 times to get Finishing Touch and so on.)

got 6 limit breaks? Then you can use the item and get your 7th. Only exception to this is Vincent, who only has 4 limit breaks. If there's any part you don't understand, just tell me and I'll try to explain better.

TheSpoonyBard
02-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Cait Sith is also an exception. He's only got Lv1-1 and Lv2-1 Limit Breaks.

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 12:56 PM
The person you use it on has to already know 6 other limits before you can use the 4th level limit break.

kk, Looky here:

Cloud needs to know all these before you can use the item Omnislash on him:
LV1.0 Braver
LV1.2 Cross-Slash
LV2.0 Blade Beam
LV2.1 Climhazzard
LV3.0 Meteorain
LV3.1 Finishing Touch

To gain Blade Beam and Meteorain or any other first limit within a limit level(the ones ending in .0), you have to kill a certain amount of enemies. (around 60 to 80 depending on which character you are using)

To gain Cross-Slash, Climhazzard and Finishing Touch, you need to use their respective first limit break within their level an amount of times. (Use Braver 8 times to get Cross-Slash, use Meteorain 6 times to get Finishing Touch and so on.)

got 6 limit breaks? Then you can use the item and get your 7th. Only exception to this is Vincent, who only has 4 limit breaks. If there's any part you don't understand, just tell me and I'll try to explain better.

I have all 7 levels, for cloud and tifa. i also have their limit break items. omnislash and final heaven. i try to use them, and they say that they won't take them. that's my problem

TheSpoonyBard
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
If you've already got all seven limit breaks you can't use the item. Did you cheat?

Carl the Llama
02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
If you have all 6 limit breaks for Cloud then you must be able to use it, unless you game is corrupt as there is no point at which you cant use it, for instance if your feeling adventerous you can even get omnislash on disk 1 (at the princly sum of 51200 bp) but like I said there is no point which you cant use it.

TheSpoonyBard
02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
There is a known glitch that prevents Cloud from learning Omnislash, but I haven't heard of it affecting any other characters. The only way to remove the glitch is to start a new game.

Levian
02-15-2006, 06:49 PM
It's probably not a glitch though, so don't go erasing your save just yet :p You said you had 7 limits, well you can't have 7 limits because the 7th is the one you'll get when you use the item. Check your Limit screen in the Main Menu, see if you have all 6 limits. If you don't have 6 limits, it won't work. If you do, it will. :)

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 09:49 PM
sorry, i meant to say i have all 6 cept for the last one...but like i said, when i go to my item screen and try to use it on my characters, they say something like, "Don't care"(cloud) and "I dont get it, but..." (tifa) thats my problem, I don't know howe to use the items!

TheSpoonyBard
02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Are you using the correct items on the character? For instance, Omnislash on Cloud and Final Heaven on Tifa.

cloud_doll
02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Are you using the correct items on the character? For instance, Omnislash on Cloud and Final Heaven on Tifa.
of course i am! im begginning to think it might be a glitch...

Yuna rules
02-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Hmmm it's a puzzler, I usually get Red's level 4 limit break learnt when you first go into cosmo canyon so when in the game does'nt matter but it should let you do it as soon as you have learnt all previous limit breaks with Cloud and Tifa.:confused:

Neco Arc
02-16-2006, 02:41 PM
I usually get Red's level 4 limit break learnt when you first go into cosmo canyon

I find that hard to believe unless you got the manual by gameshark...

Yuna rules
02-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Sorry got it wrong I meant rocket town, had cosmo canyon stuck in my head! oops!

TheSpoonyBard
02-16-2006, 03:23 PM
You get Red's manual in Nibelheim.

cloud_doll
02-16-2006, 09:50 PM
oh hey guys i found out what was wrong! sorry for all this!

Carl the Llama
02-16-2006, 10:16 PM
What was wrong?

cloud_doll
02-16-2006, 10:25 PM
i noticed that tifa's limit break level 2 only had waterkick, so i must've set her limit to 3 too quick. then i got cloud's i dont know what the problem was there...my game was just actin funny!

but thanks all yall who tryed to help!

Darth Tjador
02-17-2006, 01:07 AM
All you need to do is look at your status if you have the 3 limit maxed out it will go to the 4th thats when you can do it.Don't forget to check your status on your charc. to find out that its maxed out.