PDA

View Full Version : Drakengard 2

Necronopticous
02-15-2006, 03:51 AM
I pick up my copy tomorrow, I HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING THE SAME. Get with it, jerks.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't terribly excited. I'll be sure to post all about it when I get a chance to play it after work and school tomorrow, ack.

kikimm
02-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Oh man oh man oh man oh man I am so pumped right now. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. I don't think I've ever been more exicted for a game before.

I'm a little worried about it not living up to my very high standards, but I think that's just me being stupid. Of course it will be godly!

Larahl
02-15-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm also very excited about Drakengard 2. I hope I can get my hand on it
very soon, when I get the money for it...

Captain Maxx Power
02-15-2006, 11:22 AM
A little thing called living in the EU and not having a chipped PS2 means sucks to be me.

Dreddz
02-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Drakengard 2 will eventually come out in the UK, just there will be the traditional long wait.

Necronopticous
02-16-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm only on Chapter 2 and I am already obsessed, almost every flaw I had a problem with in the first game has been fixed...Allies actually visible on screen, switching characters normally, not some special move (what the Hell was that all about anyway?). VOICE ACTING, thank GOD it's 5,000 times better than the first game, still not anything to call home about but it's definately decent. Cinematics are _BEAUTIFUL_, even if I hated the game I'd find it hard not to want to push through just to see the rest of the FMVs. I can't say enough great things, but mostly I just want to go back to playing. I'll talk to you fellas later. What are you waiting for? Go get Drakengard 2.

Khaotic
02-16-2006, 05:53 AM
God so many games this year <_< I plan on getting this next, is it like a diablo type game? Like running around slaughtering lots of monsters, I saw videos at IGN and thats what it looked like.

Necronopticous
02-16-2006, 07:32 AM
It isn't anything like Diablo, it's a fast paced 3D action game. Half of the game is hack and slash on foot, discovering and using new combos for each new weapon and dishing out awesome magic spells. The other half is on dragonback where you're either soaring through the sky Panzer Dragoon style or sweeping the battlefield launching fireballs into hordes of enemies. Good times ensue.

The story of Drakengard 2, at least so far, is about ten million times less abstract than that of the first game...but perhaps it is just better writing. The game flows a lot better than it's predecessor.

kikimm
02-17-2006, 03:46 AM
I rather liked the abstractness of the first game, but this might be a nice change. :D

I can't believe I don't have this game yet. What's wrong with me?

Necronopticous
02-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Kristina, shame on you.

DJZen
02-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I was a bit hesitant because of the first game, but thanks to the good press, I'll pick up a copy when the price goes way down.

Griever Zero
02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I am going to try to make this as simple as I can, but if anyone wants details I will be happy to comply.

Quality-wise, Drakengard 2 is 50% the game Darkengard was.

The story, so far, has little depth. The dialogue is closer to that of cheap anime like DBZ or Yu-Gi-Oh (notice I said CLOSER to that kind of dialogue. It is still of some quality).

The CG cutscenes are as good as the first game, but I could not be nore disappointed with the regular field graphics. The ground is basically one huge patch of green, lacking detail or changes in color. The stone buildings and such are plain and badly detailed...they look like something someone made in 3ds Max or Bryce just for fun.

And the indoors are so plain and dull they look like an N64 game. Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time had more detail in their surroundings than this game does.

I truly can't go on because it saddens me so much. At least the game wasn't 50 bucks.

Overall, I will play it through to the finish and probably enjoy it. Just not as much as the first game.

kikimm
02-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Ah, too bad. =/ I'm happy that you liked the first Drakengard though. Not many people do.

I just picked it up today, but I haven't started playing it yet. I want to savor it, and make it last. But I know that's going to be hard. I'm already jealous of you guys.

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 04:34 AM
I like the first one alot, but I'm gonna rent it first. If its good enough, I'll pay for it later on.

materia_master
02-22-2006, 02:49 AM
Where have i been? I didn't think this game came out till march? I loved the first one need to get of my butt and buy #2.

Necronopticous
02-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Oh my God...the FMV where Caim makes his first appearance to Manah and Nowe...I almost had a heart attack.

XxSephirothxX
02-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Oh my God...the FMV where Caim makes his first appearance to Manah and Nowe...I almost had a heart attack.
I only read a brief overview of the plot before the game came out, but isn't that a spoiler? I thought he had mysteriously vanished.

Necronopticous
02-23-2006, 06:57 AM
It's not really a spoiler, his purpose in the story is a spoiler...and one I won't ruin.

kikimm
02-25-2006, 02:42 AM
If Caim wasn't in the game, I think I'd kill myself.

I think it's pretty much expected that he would be in the game anyways.

Markus. D
03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
MY FAVEORITE GAME!

I have just met up with Manah.... I cant get over how awesome this game is.

Spammerman
03-13-2006, 11:30 PM
how many new epons are there? And if you could, tell me how long it takes you to beat the game plz. Im thinkin of gettin for my b-day

Markus. D
03-15-2006, 07:31 AM
I am up to Chapter 5, and really pulled into this slowly wierderning plot.

its getting quite alot darker.

I am up to the part where Caim Appears before you... looking at Manah with Nostalgia

soooooooo many weapons by the way.

sephiroth9006
03-15-2006, 03:40 PM
God i havn't been here in a while x_x.

Drakengard2 is an excellent game. I'm at the Myth chapter.

well i'll say this the scene were Angelus dies was fairly heartbreaking. Seeing the two main's die like that and i don't get sadend by cutscenes very easilliy.

but meh. I actually am stuck on that bit. x_x

Defending what looks like Seere's ship.

anyway the randomness of my post aside. i like this game. ^^