PDA

View Full Version : Bad artist with a stupid idea :(

Angellights
02-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Hello everyone, if you couldn't tell already, I'm new here and stuff, hahaha :p I've always wanted to do my own fan art and stuff, but I'm an incredibly terrible artist, and nothing that I've ever tried has been remotely good... I had an idea for a drawing, and since I have a friend who's good at art, I asked them to do it for me but they didn't like my idea :mad: Would anyone be interested in drawing it for me? PM me if you're interested at all. Even if you're not very good, you're probably still better than me, so I'd be interested in pretty much anyone's take on it. :cool:

BG-57
02-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Could you mention the idea in this thread?

Rengori
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
If you're not good at drawing, stop moaping and practice.

Clone 01
02-16-2006, 03:03 AM
wel whats ur idea?

Angellights
02-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Bah, well I want to say it, but I dont want to be whiney and pester others too much, so just PM me if you're interested in doing something. Sorry for being so pathetic. :(

Tai-Ti
02-17-2006, 08:56 AM
i dont htink your pathetic, i get LOADS of ideas that i could never pull off, but i try! I'm not such a great artist either ^^;

Awesomeman
02-17-2006, 11:25 PM
If I were you I'd try, because if you get someone else to do it, you won't get much credit. Yeah, it was your idea, but that person actually made that idea real and will get all the credit.

Rengori
02-18-2006, 12:05 AM
If I were you I'd try, because if you get someone else to do it, you won't get much credit. Yeah, it was your idea, but that person actually made that idea real and will get all the credit.
Example, Awesomeman can claim that the first sig I did for him was all his idea and not credit me but I'll still get most of the credit for doing it.

And if you really aren't going to practice and continue to ask other people to do it for you, then at least give your idea out in the thread.

Awesomeman
02-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Example, Awesomeman can claim that the first sig I did for him was all his idea and not credit me but I'll still get most of the credit for doing it.

And if you really aren't going to practice and continue to ask other people to do it for you, then at least give your idea out in the thread.

Ren, I did give you credit and people just asumed that it was all my idea. And please share with us your idea:)

Rengori
02-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Ren, I did give you credit and people just asumed that it was all my idea. And please share with us your idea:)
I was using it as an example. Just play along.

Awesomeman
02-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Oh, okay. Yeah, I never gave Rengori credit cuz it was my idea and stuff!

BG-57
02-18-2006, 02:15 AM
I agreed to do Angellights's picture. I'll post the B&W sketch here first before coloring it in.

black orb
02-18-2006, 02:23 AM
>>> Looks like the mystery picture will be revealed after all..:rolleyes2

BG-57
02-18-2006, 02:33 AM
I actually suggested you'd be better qualified. :greenie:

black orb
02-18-2006, 02:38 AM
>>> Dont worry Im sure you`ll make a great work..:D

BG-57
02-18-2006, 03:45 AM
Well, judge for yourself. :sweatdrop

I'll color it if Angellights approves of the sketch version.

black orb
02-18-2006, 03:56 AM
>>> 5 Stars!...

Rengori
02-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Out of 5 or 10? I would give it 5 out of 5.

Angellights
02-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I really love it! Thanks so much :D I'd love for you to color it in.

BG-57
02-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Okay here it is. I choose a blue outfit since she favors cool blue colors.

Angellights
02-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow! @_@ It looks amazing! Thanks for doing it so well and so quickly too :p IT was awfully nice of you to do this for me, I hope it wasn't too much of a pain. Thanks again! :D I love the job you did on it and the coloring too.

Clone 01
02-19-2006, 06:25 PM
I agreed to make her pic as well, i shud have it done by the latest Tuesday. Without colour.

BG-57
02-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow! @_@ It looks amazing! Thanks for doing it so well and so quickly too :p IT was awfully nice of you to do this for me, I hope it wasn't too much of a pain. Thanks again! :D I love the job you did on it and the coloring too.

I'm glad you like it. I colored it using Prismacolor art markers. Expensive, but the colors come out really well. :)

The only hard part was getting the eyes right. I had to erase and redraw them about six or seven times. I'm not good as drawing eyes when they're closed.

I strongly suggest next time you want to publicly commission a picture, you should share the idea publicly. Some people won't like it, but what idea is universally admired?

I agreed to make her pic as well, i shud have it done by the latest Tuesday. Without colour.

Oh, more than one artist doing the same theme? That should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Clone 01
02-19-2006, 09:00 PM
its not dat im copying u, its just dat i agreed to do it about 2 or 3 days ago buthavnt had the chance so im only startin now. ur pic is pretty gud i just hope mine meets the same standards.

BG-57
02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
When making or editing your post, choose the Manage Attachments button. Browse your files until you find the picture you want, then choose to upload it. Once it's uploaded, close the window, hit the Save button. Voila!

To prevent double posting, simply hit the Edit button on the first post and add the text you want to. You can then edit the second post and opt to delete it.

You draw excellent faces. I agree you should make the legs longer and wider, the arms as well. Very nicely done, though. :)

Clone 01
02-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Ok this is my version.I'm thnkin about changing it again though,because from the knee down looks a bit to short. what do you think? Also i prefer not colouring my pics, but do u think i should? what do you think of it anyway? and also do u think i should draw more to showthat shes on a bed or just leave it? ur not able to see it but i did shading on her legs but its too light for the PC to see.

Ok thanks BG-57. yeah i think i will re-do it, its just so much detail that i have to rub out now,ah well,better get to it*starts to draw*

Rocket Edge
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM
good effort clone;)

Clone 01
02-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanx, id say u wud have dun a much better job though Rocket Edge, ive seen some of ur work, ur class!but i am only a bigginer in drawing so i suppose i did a gud enough job.