PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a Surprise 21st House Party

Rocket Edge
02-15-2006, 06:21 PM
So my sister will be 21 next month, and we will be holding a surprise house party for her. We've had plenty of house partys before, but i want this one to be differant, better, seeing as its a 21st.
Im stuck for things to get, i ordered a marque, lots of drink, and ive got 2 of my friends doing DJ. One inside and one outside on the lawn, because this thing will be going on all day and all night(its gonna be big), so dont be afraid to mention anything.
If you have been to a party before and seen cool stuff or things that were good ideas plz tell me.
I need help here guys, i need to make this a really good party for my sis, she deserves it!;)

Miriel
02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Dude, that is so nice of you to do that for your sister.

edczxcvbnm
02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Male strippers!

DK
02-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I dunno, what sort of things is your sister into?

Levian
02-15-2006, 06:59 PM
You should make jello. everyone who's worth something loves it.

Boosk
02-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Hire a petting zoo! Ive always wanted to do that :D
OR a bouncy castle! Sooo fun when you're drunk!
Or have a band play. That would be cool.

Kagga:love:

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Make an alchohol theme. Or just something she likes. Get her her favorite book Special Edition or something.

Rocket Edge
02-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Dude, that is so nice of you to do that for your sister.cheers palindroma

male strippers? lol, shed probably die of embaressment!

the ones where someone said about hireing a band, a bouncy castle and an alcohol theme were really good suggestions. i will have a think about them, any idea what theme i should do?

Elite Lord Sigma
02-15-2006, 08:44 PM
A theme based on what your sisters biggest interest is would be nice. Not all good parties have themes though. I think catering would be a good idea, along with a trip to somewhere for part of the day (like laser tag, laser tag birthday parties are awesome). It's ultimately up to you what to do.

fire_of_avalon
02-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Alcohol is a cultural thing in America, and different types of people are stereotyped to prefer different things. So you could work off of those stereo types and have different sections for each kind of alcohol you're serving.

Levian
02-15-2006, 09:30 PM
As long as you gather all her friends, this just can't go wrong.

SammieBabe
02-15-2006, 09:46 PM
My friends threw a party for me once, and I had to take a shot when someone showed up at the party. Of course, we offered a shot to the new person as well....
Most of that night is pretty much a blur....

Rocket Edge
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
My friends threw a party for me once, and I had to take a shot when someone showed up at the party. Of course, we offered a shot to the new person as well....
Most of that night is pretty much a blur.... hey that idea is really good. we'll force her to take a shot everytime someone comes in, not that she needs convinceing mind hehe:p . Cant go wrong with blue aftershock there, its tastey although strong, but at least it dont make you feel sick.:tongue:

i think a beach theme would work well here. im gona look up some beach themes now...

SammieBabe
02-15-2006, 11:05 PM
We were using jello shots...We made Orange jello with Absolut Mandarin....Yummy...:D
As for a beach theme, tell the guys to wear board shorts, and the girls to wear bikinis and sandals, Get little umbrellas for the drinks, and get some inflateable palm trees....

Shlup
02-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Go on MySpace and look for bands in your area. You could probably find one that'll gladly play for free or at least very cheap.

Along the lines of Jell-o, Jell-o shooters made with Pucker are always big hits. Just pour 'em into Dixie cups and make different flavors.

I'm tempted to second the bounce house suggestion, but I don't think it's wise. I'd say there's an 80% you'll end up with an exploded bounce house and a lot of explaining to do.

Rocket Edge
02-16-2006, 03:16 AM
We were using jello shots...We made Orange jello with Absolut Mandarin....Yummy...:D
As for a beach theme, tell the guys to wear board shorts, and the girls to wear bikinis and sandals, Get little umbrellas for the drinks, and get some inflateable palm trees....
this is great advice, although we live in ireland- people will freeze and have transparent skin lol. maybe the beach idea was a bad one. im gonna defionitly take you up on the offer of the jello shots. i had them once out on holidays and they were good fun.

shlupquack, i think youre probably right, and maybe a few broken bones by the end of it, but im the sort of person to act now, think later. so the bouncy castle stays.

but seriously, im getting great ideas here, cheers