ever been playing sh[any one] and some thing scares you alot
in sh4 the giant head thing in the hospital world scared the poop
out of me.

mega_tonberry
02-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Are you talking about silent hill 4?

Samuraid
02-16-2006, 12:54 AM
The scariest sh moment was probably when I ran rm -rf * in a directory with important files.

Though, I prefer bash or csh.

EDIT: Oh... :(

leon123
02-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Are you talking about silent hill 4?
yes

Dreddz
02-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, there are scary moments in all the games, so it should apply to all.
My scariest moment is in SH4 though :rolleyes2
When you first walk down the steps to the subway and you see for the first time one of the ghosts, the way it hovered *shudder*

mega_tonberry
02-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Either the first time I fought the thing that makes the monkey sound in the apartment level or when all those things start happening in your apartment and I noticed that my health no longer came back.

Markus. D
02-23-2006, 04:22 AM
well I was playing this internet game called "The Maze"

once I was about half way through level three.... well, Ill let you see that.

Giga Guess
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
In SH3, in the Office, I think. You see the mannequin in a closet, and Heather makes a very innocuous comment about it. You sturn around, it screams, and I just about jumped out of my skin. Thanks Konami, I needed a change of underwear after THAT one! :p

Carmilla
02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Playing SH4 was scary.
It was scary how bad that game was. :p

~SapphireStar~
02-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Pyramid Head in SH2. Just walking along the corridor and I shone my flashlight into the distance and he was just stood there behind these bars. God I jumped.

Levian
02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Silent Hill 2 --> Underground Prison. --> Toilets.

Everyone who's played up till this point should instantly know what I'm talking about. :/

fantasyjunkie
02-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Tomb Raider 2 when that T-Rex jumped out and came chasing me.

~SapphireStar~
02-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Tomb Raider 2 when that T-Rex jumped out and came chasing me.
Dude, that has nothing to do with Silent Hill ... And the TRex is from the first game isnt it?

Ishin Ookami
02-24-2006, 04:30 AM
Once upon a time, Silent Hill used to freak me the hell out.

Then I played Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. Now I play the Silent Hill games to take the stress off when Sae's laugh comes in the middle of the night to haunt me.

And anybody who's followed Mayu into that room in chapter 3, KNOWS what Im talking about.

Somebody, please make her stop. :cry:

Giga Guess
02-24-2006, 04:33 AM

Everyone who's played up till this point should instantly know what I'm talking about. :/

I hear ya on that one. ANd the nurses death cry in SH3....*shudder* I preferred the demonic shriek in SH2.

fantasyjunkie
02-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Dude, that has nothing to do with Silent Hill ... And the TRex is from the first game isnt it?
DOH!!! My bad, read the post wrong, thought it was scariest moment from any game. Sorry! I never played the first Tomb Raider.

Shinobi
02-25-2006, 06:36 AM
It's got to be the slurpers in sh3 when they jump at you from around a corner, damn those things.

Yuffie514
02-25-2006, 07:51 AM
i don't recall a scary moment, even though Silent Hill is the paragon of horror games. Silent Hill 3 though, in Brookhaven Hospital...wow, i can really feel the controller vibrate like a pulse. so, play with super vibrate :P. damn, my brother better get my Silent Hill 3 back or else he'll be talking about his scariest moment.

Samuraid
02-25-2006, 10:24 AM
I'll bet it would rock to get the SH games going in multichannel surround sound on your PC.

Reine
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I played it with headphones in the dark...*shudder*

Anyway, in Silent Hill 1, the scary parts for me were in the possessed school, when that body fell out of the locker, man did I jump! Also, in the possessed hospital, entering random empty rooms, looking around, then turning back, then SMASH, some glass object shatters, now whenever I enter one of those rooms, I immediatly leave. The rooms underneath the hospital freaked me out too. But the moment that actually freaked me out the most, not just sudden shocks and feelings of dread, was the hospital, when the button to the fourth floor showed up all of a sudden, I immediatly felt a shiver, and upon pressing it and leaving, seeing the possessed world, and pressing the map button "I dont have a map of this place", bloody hell, that freaked me out!

In Silent Hill 2, when you hear the TV's static and so on, and go to investigate, and see the Pyramid Head standing behind the bars, staring at you, *shudder* then entering the room to find a nice fresh corpse...also in the Prison, the courtyard, you can hear wierd shuffling sounds every so often...and upon doing the noose puzzle thing there, another sound...also at the end of the prison, that morge? with all the tubes filled with decaying bodies, and James remarks "..I didnt see that" "Oh god, its all dismembered, I cant look"

In Silent Hill 3, most of the game makes me queasy, it has a much more horrific and sick feel than the other two, put the mannequin incident posted above made me jump..thing is, if you go back and look, the mannequin's head has fallen off, revealing blood and meat..the nightmare vesion of the hospital utterly freaked me out, climbing a long ladder, seeing wierd things like meat slabs as part of the wall flapping around, and the Viatel in the background, turning valves as usual, then opening the door...the whole damn hallway...all that demonic energy, seething al over the walls, the controller vibrating like hell, the sound effects, ugh, I felt sick in seconds

However in Silent Hil 4, it isnt that scary, the demonic incursions can freak you out, like the human shaped shadow in the closet, the wierd cracks in the wall, that pulsate when you get close, the crying babies merged into the wall, and of course, the hospital, second floor....all the wierd rooms...and the ultimate thing, the head...I opened the door, and heard moaning (sounded rather...rude...especially the faint moaning in the background) and saw what appeared to be a hole in the floor, I thought it was the way to go, so I left and went into the other rooms, then came back, and ran to the "hole"...and in doing so, the camera swung around revealing a HUGE head, that looks like the female mail character, stuck on a wall, with these...disgusting eyes that are shaking everywhere, but are focused on you, when you move, the eyes follow..If you walk up slowly, the camera turns slowly, and it isnt as frightening, but, by running...ARGHH!

leon123
04-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Well, there are scary moments in all the games, so it should apply to all.
My scariest moment is in SH4 though :rolleyes2
When you first walk down the steps to the subway and you see for the first time one of the ghosts, the way it hovered *shudder*

those types of scenes never seemed to scare me:(

TheAbominatrix
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Pyramid Head in SH2. Just walking along the corridor and I shone my flashlight into the distance and he was just stood there behind these bars. God I jumped.

Oh God I did too. I was so freaked out.

YES! ;_; The underground prison on the whole was the scariest place in that game.

Then I played Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. Now I play the Silent Hill games to take the stress off when Sae's laugh comes in the middle of the night to haunt me.

And anybody who's followed Mayu into that room in chapter 3, KNOWS what Im talking about.

Somebody, please make her stop. :cry:

Silent Hill 2 (the only one I've played) only scared me at those two points I quoted. Fatal Frame, however, freaking TERRIFIED me. My friends and I all get together and watch another friend play and clutch eachother while we scream like frightened hags.

Shiny
04-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Pretty much everything scared me in Silent Hill 1; I played it when I was too young. But one of the scariest had to be in Silent Hill 3 with the bathtub and the mirror. It gave me weird feelings on my skin.

Wuggly Blight
04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
I used to like silent hill, until it dragged out, Im not sure now. To me, its plotless, Its become to complex that nobody understands a inch of the general world plot and its to theoritical plotting (e.g, unanswered questions to make you put in your own plot) that robs the game of any real solid plot of its own. Pyirmid head was the most decent part of the series really.

kikimm
04-19-2006, 02:36 AM
In SH3, in the Office, I think. You see the mannequin in a closet, and Heather makes a very innocuous comment about it. You sturn around, it screams, and I just about jumped out of my skin. Thanks Konami, I needed a change of underwear after THAT one! :p

That's what immediately came to mind when I came in here. xD Scared the crap out of me. And also the toilet thing that Levian mentioned. I don't remember anything else in particular, besides a few encounters with Pyramid that made me oh my fucking God

Cruise Control
04-19-2006, 02:41 AM

Somebody, please make her stop.

Frame, however, freaking TERRIFIED me. My friends and I all get together and watch another friend play and clutch eachother while we scream like frightened hags.

I hide my copy, I'm that scared of it. I don't want to pee in the night anymore.

theundeadhero
04-19-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm just beginning Silent Hill. I've been on Fatal Frame for a while now and it's scared me so many times. I've jumped so bad that I fell out of my chair and sent the controller flying, leading my character to it's death :(

DudeSon2004
04-19-2006, 02:49 AM
Yes quite scary indeed, hopefully the movie won't freak me out as much as the games did.

dirkdirden
04-19-2006, 09:33 PM

yep

and if you have surround sound when you get to round room with nothing in it but a head choper offer you can hear a horse that just runs around you in circles but you can never find that damn horse. Kinda feaky to me.

Erdrick Holmes
04-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Hmm, I'll have to replay SH2. I didn't notice anything about the toilets in the prison. Unless it was the part where you press X on the doors, James knocks, and notices nobody answers.

I'd say the scariest SH moment is in SH4, after the prison world look outside the window. Occasionally you'll see the floating head of Andrew outside the window.

Dreddz
04-19-2006, 10:05 PM
floating head of Andrew outside the window.
Didnt you like want a pic of that, Why ?

Erdrick Holmes
04-20-2006, 12:15 AM
I did want one but it's hard to find.

Slothy
04-20-2006, 11:42 PM

That freaked me out as well. I had to force myself to go back and look.

But one of the scariest had to be in Silent Hill 3 with the bathtub and the mirror.

That got to me as well, not to mention every other part of the Hospital in that game, and the final are and amusement park.

The haunted house is also freaky as hell. I mean come on, it's a haunted house in Silent Hill; how could it not be freaky. And then when you get to the end of it and have to outrun this wave of light or whatever it was before it killed you. As if getting to that point weren't stressful enough. There's a reason I've only played through SH3 once. Never quite worked up the nerve to play it again. I'd like to now though, but now free time is an issue.

Angel Heart
04-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Silent Hill scares me from start to finish. But the scariest moment is any time i see Pyramid head in SH2.

The scariest of any video game is when the floorboards fall through in RE2. :eek:

Whats the bit in the underground prison in SH2? I don't remember anything scary there.

Reine
04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Flaoting head of Andrew? Is this after Water Prison, or Return to Water Prison? I never got past Return to Water Prison, Walter always kills me, and the bimbo gets stuck all the time..
And yeah, I never remember any toilet incident..care to explain please?

Like Vivi22 says, its hard to get the nerve to play these games now..

Giga Guess
04-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Silent Hill scares me from start to finish. But the scariest moment is any time i see Pyramid head in SH2.

The scariest of any video game is when the floorboards fall through in RE2. :eek:

Whats the bit in the underground prison in SH2? I don't remember anything scary there.

Go knocking on doors in the Prison washroom. At one point either something screams from the other side (A Nurse's cry), or the scream happens after a benign comment....It can't explain why it scared me (I never was big into the BOO! factor), but yeah.

Cid Vicious
04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Of the two i've played-

Silent Hill 2: The long walk through the park and cemetry to Silent Hill Ranch alway's spooked me, your weaponless and expecting some freak to jump out any second. It took me about twenty minutes too get past that part. The music that play's in the room behind the clock in the apartment is nerve shattering too, no mater how cool i act i can't wait to get out of there.

Silent Hill 3: The only part that scared me was when you get pushed on the track in the subway, first time it happend i got smashed by the train. I Alway's skip that part whenever i replay the game. :eep:

DeathKnight
04-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Silent Hill 2....

That Pyramid monster had sweating blood!!!! *scared to death just thinking 'bout that thing chasing me*:crying2: :crying2: :crying2:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

SPECIALLY when he chases you in the sewers:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: