PDA

View Full Version : Is there a statute of limitations on crimes here at EoFF?

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Because, just, damn. I had to look up what the smurf Del was talking about. EoFF staff is starting to be slower than the friggin' government.

Del Murder
02-16-2006, 03:39 AM
The answer to your question is yes.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Yours was a special case, we had to discuss for quite some time. In this case I think we probably should have commenced with action a bit sooner, but we wanted to make sure we did a complete analysis of the situation.

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 04:25 AM
what was to analyze? Hell, I would've EoEO banned me, too, though I honestly didn't think about it until well after I made that post. And then I saw Leeza's edit and thought "oh yeah, I'm banned :(."

I am going to have to ask how long I'm banned for, though, despite Del expressing his wishes that it remains a surprise.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Oh it'll be quite a surprise indeed.

But yeah. I think you should have been banned off the bat, but the amount of debate bogged it down.

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 04:48 AM
this has been my first unintentional EoEO ban. xD

ok, now, how long am I banned for? >=o

Hawkeye
02-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Isn't the norm just two weeks?

Del Murder
02-16-2006, 05:43 AM
It depends on the the nature of the offense and the history of the offender, but yes in general a first offense is two weeks.

Yamaneko
02-16-2006, 06:51 AM
This could've been PMed.

Psydekick
02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
..........and should have been Pm:)

Psychotic
02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Sora! pwned Raistlin.

What did you do to get banned, bad boy?

Levian
02-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh no. He lost his Former Staff title. Does this mean he's staff again? :(

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 02:39 PM
You people are dumb. Well, except Yams. He's cute. :love:

My last EoEO ban was three weeks. Apparently, my latest EoEO ban is approximately a 500 million percent increase from that. If Del wasn't joking, I might just be the first person EoEO banned for this long without it being a permaban.

...I wonder if I could "donate" money in order to be unbanned sooner...:rolleyes2

MecaKane
02-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I think you should be banned forever. When you do get unbanned, you'll be returning to eoeo after a long time, and we all know what you think about most of eoeo! It's the only <i>sensible</i> thing to do.

eestlinc
02-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Kane speaks the truth.

I'm pretty sure Raistlin was banned for more than three weeks for the Cloud No.9 incident.

And actually, I banned Hartigan from EoEO for a year, although I recently lifted it out of some sense of irony.

Old Manus
02-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Posting anything in eoeo with an attempt to make a joke or anything below completely serious, and you'll get banned - I just don't post there

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Raistlin was banned for more than three weeks for the Cloud No.9 incident.
Not according to Kishi. And I remember being unbanned on the day I thought I was going to be unbanned, so yeah. :p

EDIT: It might've been increased to a month, now that I think about it...I don't remember exactly. But yeah, it wasn't longer than that.

Kane speaks the truth.
Kane doesn't know anything. :mad2:

I think the only reason I wasn't banned forever is because staff realized this one was unintentional, unlike my last two exploits. See, staffers aren't the cold, heartless bastards you always hear about (well, eestlinc might be :shifty:).

eestlinc
02-16-2006, 05:12 PM
well we certainly talked about banning you for longer, at least.

Yamaneko
02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
We? WE?! :D

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
xD

Yeah, I have a feeling eesty talked about it a lot. :p

eestlinc
02-16-2006, 05:48 PM
We? WE?! :D
well, we know Yams is your mole anyway.

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 07:36 PM
This time I didn't need someone else to tell me, eesty-pie. You told me I was permabanned and I was like "wtf no" and you were all "yuh huh, bitch" and so then I asked Kishki and he said "tell eesty to give me some of that stuff he's smokin'."

Um...yeah. Six months is a long time. That's after my birthday! :(

Leeza
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
That's okay, Raistlin. Your birthday thread wouldn't be in EoEO anyway. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we just kept extending it until we got bored of doing so? Man that'd suck for you wouldn't it? :)

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Especially since it seems to be staff's policy to do whatever they think would get the best reaction out of me. I AM NOT YOUR PERFORMING MONKEY! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

And my birthday thread should be in Feedback.

eestlinc
02-16-2006, 08:57 PM
like mine was

nik0tine
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
The fuck did you do to get banned for six months?

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
that fundies say the darndest things link, nik. you saw it. :p

nik0tine
02-16-2006, 11:21 PM
wtf? That didn't deserve a ban at all.

Raistlin
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Seriously! I think the Knights have gone mad with power. They will ban people for the most minor thing, those fools. Maybe we should rebel.

nik0tine
02-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Seriously! I think the Knights have gone mad with power. They will ban people for the most minor thing, those fools. Maybe we should rebel.
It has become increasingly obvious that Leeza is the evil censor of EoFF!!!!!

Leeza
02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm really not all <i>that</i> evil or I would have won the Ciddie. :(

Yamaneko
02-16-2006, 11:50 PM
You were really caught on a technicality. You shouldn't be pulling posts out of EoEO since it's considered a private forum until a person registers.

Raistlin
02-17-2006, 12:09 AM
You were really caught on a technicality. You shouldn't be pulling posts out of EoEO since it's considered a private forum until a person registers.
...=o

Unne and Teek both sent me saved versions of threads in EoEO while I was banned. And some people on staff knew it. Should they have been EoEO banned, too?

EDIT:

I'm really not all that evil or I would have won the Ciddie.
You won it in our hearts, Leeza. :love:

Yamaneko
02-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, no. I just didn't want to say that we hate you and we're waiting for you to slip up again. Jeez.

Hawkeye
02-17-2006, 12:32 AM
6 months? I agree what Raist did was immoral, but Jesus Christ (no pun intended)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-17-2006, 12:41 AM
It's only six months because EoEO bans get progressively more severe. This is Wesly's third or fourth one.

nik0tine
02-17-2006, 12:54 AM
6 months? I agree what Raist did was immoral, but Jesus Christ (no pun intended)
Oh, you fundies say the darndest things!

Raistlin
02-17-2006, 12:55 AM
It's only six months because EoEO bans get progressively more severe. This is Wesly's third or fourth one.
Third! And my last one was for three weeks! You say "progressively," but you should probably substitute "exponentially." :p

Well, no. I just didn't want to say that we hate you and we're waiting for you to slip up again. Jeez.
Aw, I love you too. :love:

EDIT: xD at nik. oh, and it should be saying something when one of the people I was making fun of supports my cause!

If I didn't have to work on the Unban Doomy campaign, I would SO be making a campaign for this right now. :mad2:

RSL
02-17-2006, 01:02 AM
I think we usually do 2 weeks, one month, permanent. So the fact that you got six months instead of permanent shows how much we (I) truely love you.

Raistlin
02-17-2006, 01:06 AM
I think we usually do 2 weeks, one month, permanent. So the fact that you got six months instead of permanent shows how much we (I) truely love you.
*sniff* I love you too, Red Sexy. :cry: :love:

Dr Unne
02-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Unne and Teek both sent me saved versions of threads in EoEO while I was banned. And some people on staff knew it. Should they have been EoEO banned, too?

It's different when you're showing threads to someone who was able to see them himself the week before, but can't at present because he was banned for being a... *consults thesaurus* let's say, omadhaun.

Raistlin
02-17-2006, 01:41 AM
It's different when you're showing threads to someone who was able to see them himself the week before, but can't at present because he was banned for being a... *consults thesaurus* let's say, omadhaun.
I would think it'd be worse to show threads to someone who was specifically banned from the forums than to someone who could view them if they took 3 seconds to register. :p

Oh, and you can't fool me with your name-calling. :love:

Psychotic
02-17-2006, 01:46 AM
Oh look, it's the Raistlin hits on everything in sight half-hour, aka Medication Day.

Hawkeye
02-17-2006, 03:50 AM
EDIT: xD at nik. oh, and it should be saying something when one of the people I was making fun of supports my cause!
I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm not so much distraught about the fact that you made fun of me and that you got the ban, because people always make fun of people, that's natural. What really made me mad though is even though after you pulled the stunt that you did, you didn't even have the decency to apologize.

I would've held a helluva lot more respect for you even after you posted that if you just said, "shoot man, I really didn't mean to offend anyone, my bad." But then, after you already know you messed up, you act like it's not big deal!

A real man would at least confess that he smurf up, but you played it as everything is fine and dandy, and 'all I have is 6 months of being banned from EoEO under my belt.'

I'm going to stop arguing, not knowing where my words can end up on the internet anymore. I don't mean to act like this is the worst thing in the world and everybody is going to die, but it's just called simple courtesy.

Raistlin
02-17-2006, 04:13 AM
I PMed you, but I will say this here: you're saying I "smurfed up" for indirectly mocking one of your comments, yet you can personally attack ME - not just something I said - with insults? Makes sense to me.

eestlinc
02-17-2006, 04:15 AM
i don't think the mocking was very indirect, but regardless. this thread is not going to continue like this. or at all really, since there isn't much to discuss. let's all take our own lessons from this and move on.