PDA

View Full Version : Teleporting

Beoluve
02-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I was wondering what the teleport does. It says if you try to go to far it will fail, but how far is too far. Example if I had 5 movment how far could I travel?:confused:

Tempest
02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
If the characters Move point is 3 and they have Teleport then they can go at least 3 spaces anywhere you can walk on. Sometimes you can get away with going a little further but, not to far, maybe an extra step or two. Once in a while I've been able to move to the other side of the screen. There's also Teleport 2 that Elmdor has when you fight him but, it can only be obtained through a cheat device. Teleport 2 can move you anywhere on the battle field.

Ziekfried
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
YO! I've also found that occasionally though it seem testy if you push the D-pad in the direction your telpoting you can go much farther. I generally have my crew able to teleport 7-8 panels and on rare occasions 9. Mind you when you push the D-pad use only base directions like up down left and right which may be tricky 'cause of the way the screen is angle but you should be able to figure it out and remember it's still chancy.

Beoluve
02-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Alright thanks guys. Oh and by the way how do you get teleport 2. What cheat device do you need? Again thanks!

Tempest
02-16-2006, 06:44 PM
I had a Game Shark and while looking for some codes I saw the Teleport 2 code. Tried it out and it was able to go anywhere.

Beoluve
02-16-2006, 06:52 PM
cool do remember the code or where you got it?:D

Tempest
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
My Game Shark has passed away recently, :( so I can't get the codes from that but, I think you can get codes for it here. I don't remember if the Code Breaker codes work for the Game Shark and for some reason I can't log-on right now to find out for sure. You just have to sign up to look at the codes. Here's the link. http://www.cmgsccc.com/

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Teleport will move you your normal movement without fail. The chance of failure begins when you push the envelope.

Beoluve
02-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks

Masamune·1600
02-19-2006, 04:10 AM
To expand on Void's (er, the Extraordinary Gentleman) explanation, Teleport adheres to a specific formula, whereby one is effectively penalized 10% for each panel beyond one's Move stat. In other words, if you attempt to Teleport one panel beyond your range, the success rate should be roughly 90%. Moving ten or more panels beyond your range, therefore, will always fail.

Behemoth
02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Masamune is correct. Honestly, I'm suprised I didn't see a similar comment on this thread before his.

Beoluve
02-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks again