PDA

View Full Version : David Gilmour

Brian The Pink Shark
02-16-2006, 07:38 PM
what does everyone think of David Gilmour's solo work

ive only heard his first album, but songs like "No Way", "It's Deafinetly" and "Short and Sweet" i think are really good :choc:

BlackRibon
02-16-2006, 11:26 PM
He deafinitely has done better better things on the Floyd, but he has some really good things as a solo artist. I don't like his first album very much, but it has some good moments, but his second (About Face) is really nice, specially the songs Blue Light, Near the end and About Face.

anyway, I love this guy :love:

Mythra
02-17-2006, 12:14 AM
I would have to agree w/ BlackRibon on this one. imo, the stuff he did with Pink Floyd, mainly for me after Waters left, are his best work. Except for Comfortably Numb, that is his best song imho. Although, I am looking forward to his newest album that I believe is coming out this spring

Mitch
02-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah the new album should be tops.

I have only heard the first album, but I have quite a few live bootlegs which i really enjoy.

He is a fantastic guitarist.

Yamaneko
02-17-2006, 02:45 AM
"About Face" is the only album I have of his. It's quite good. His new album "On An Island" is going to be released March 6th. I'll see about picking it up. I saw a video of Dave and his band working in the studio. I was thoroughly impressed. Good music to relax to.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-17-2006, 02:46 AM
Who?

Slade
02-17-2006, 03:18 AM
I havn't actually listened to his solo work yet :greenie: But his Pink Floyd stuff is simply awsome. 'Momentary Lapse of Reason' is apparently supposed to sound like a Dave solo album more than a Pink Floyd album so I'm expecting something like that. He is definatly one of the greatest guitarists ever :)

Brian The Pink Shark
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Who?

*slaps* :choc:

Resha
02-17-2006, 01:50 PM
"About Face" is the only album I have of his. It's quite good. His new album "On An Island" is going to be released March 6th. I'll see about picking it up. I saw a video of Dave and his band working in the studio. I was thoroughly impressed. Good music to relax to.
I shall do my best to get it! :D I've never heard his solo work; but seeing all these comments makes me want to, very much. He's a god in his own right.

marc
02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Who?

I hope this is a joke.

ffxfreak93
02-20-2006, 09:42 PM
guys,looks like we'll have to kill someone;)

Suikojowy
02-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I much prefer Syd Barrett's solo work. Absolutely brilliant.

Gilmour's an ok guitarist when it comes to technical skill, although his influence and actual quality of music puts him up there at the top. Not to mention he looked way cool back in the 70s with his long hair.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-25-2006, 11:23 AM
I much prefer Syd Barrett's solo work. Absolutely brilliant.

Gilmour's an ok guitarist when it comes to technical skill, although his influence and actual quality of music puts him up there at the top. Not to mention he looked way cool back in the 70s with his long hair.

god he really looks weird now (although he is the only one of the band at live 8 that didnt have his shirt tucked in :p ) :choc:

Yamaneko
02-25-2006, 07:24 PM
It's amazing that he still has his voice after all these years. It's like it has aged well with time.