PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to remove water from under a DS screen?

KentaRawr!
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Firstly, don't ask me how I got water under the screen. >_>

Might anyone know how to remove water from under a DS Touch Screen? Is there a specific way the DS should lean? Or is this DS of mine destroyed forever?

Thanks in advance. :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
maybe try and heat it up a little and turn it to steam.
No wait that might do even more damage!

Captain Maxx Power
02-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Is it past warranty? Otherwise you might be screwed. Surely the same method that caused the water to be trapped would allow it to escape? Perhaps putting it in a warm place it may evapourate...my physics dinnae work without knowing HOW you did it.

Madame Adequate
02-17-2006, 12:46 AM
First off, check what temperatures you need to keep the DS under. Then put the DS somewhere a few degrees lower, and leave it for awhile. That will (hopefully) get the water out. You'll need to put it in a place where the temp is stable though.

Dunno how you did it. :p But I've got electronics wet before, and they've usually worked when I dry them out.

Dignified Pauper
02-17-2006, 01:54 AM
hair dryer.

KentaRawr!
02-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, let's just say that there was water on the screen at one point, and it sat for a second. I didn't notice it at first, but then I wiped it all off. >_>

And yes, the warranty is dead. :(

I'm having it sit 12 inches away from a heater at this moment. Hopefully when I wake up, half the water will be gone. :D

Samuraid
02-17-2006, 07:01 AM
As long as it doesn't get too much direct heat, that should be a safe way to evaporate the water.

Jowy
02-17-2006, 07:04 AM
I'd just try and unscrew the plastic casing, and clean the water off from the LCD screen with an anti-static wipe. However, if it went through the LCD, you're screwed.

a nirvana fan
02-17-2006, 11:43 AM
please tell me how you got water in there in the first place? were you playing on it in the bath or something?

KentaRawr!
02-17-2006, 05:31 PM
please tell me how you got water in there in the first place? were you playing on it in the bath or something?

EXACTLY how I got the water in would be too embarrasing. But the basic way of how the water got under the DS screen has been mentioned. There was water sitting on the screen that I hadn't noticed for a second, but then I noticed it and wiped it off. But during the time it took me to realize what was on the screen, water had gotten under it.

BatChao
02-19-2006, 03:45 AM
I dunno if you want to evaporate it. That'll just make it turn to steam and your bottom screen will be foggy forever. You can try calling Nintendo and asking what their policy is after warranty has ended.

KoShiatar
02-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I think you'd better unscrew whatever pieces you can (taking note of how they were disposed) and let it dry like that. Water isn't likely to evaporate if you don't give it an escape route. But this kind of stuff is very delicate.

Lindy
02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
EXACTLY how I got the water in would be too embarrasing.
Urinating on your DS is not an accepted method of activating the touch screen.

Rye
02-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Urinating on your DS is not an accepted method of activating the touch screen.

xD

Zeldy
02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Put it near a heater, thats what I did when I dropped my headphone in water :3

Dreddz
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
I'd imagine it wont take any serious damage from a little water in it, I dropped my Gameboy Colour in a puddle ( a big puddle ) and it got completely soaked, I left it to dry for only about a day and it was fine when I got back to playing it...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-20-2006, 06:34 PM
you could always try sucking it out