PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest FF, or at least for me

Nick Schovitz
02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Do you have a hartd time beasting this game like, me/ I constantly die from random battles, so I'm stuck in the Golbez's tower now that I went to from the Underworld. I try to use the spell Exit or warp, but it doesn't work. I fought this boss, who had a robot, I defeated the robot but when I fought the scientist when he transformed, I died mserably because i have no Lifes just Rosa, who can cast it and when she died, I was totally F'd up with healing since I don't buy that much in games because I'm stingy, so i exp[ect to get a lot of free ones, like I do In X.

But whaT DO YOU THINK ffiv, HARD, EASY, OR THE HARDEST?

Bendak
02-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Final Fantasy 4 isnt too hard, it just requires time to be put into it. If you dont take time to level up with random fights every now and then, it'll be very hard. Also, go buy some phoenix downs, fighting random battles will also get you money. If you're on the playstation version of the game, you'll have to do more leveling up because that version is the hardest. But yea like I said...it requires time to level up or it'll be hard.

Obsidian
02-17-2006, 12:45 AM
I found that it was very easy to die in IV if you did not take advantage of all the strength/weakness combinations available to you. I can not imagine myself making it any further than Mt. Ordeals if I gunned through the game the same way I did in FFVIII. o_0

eestlinc
02-17-2006, 02:35 AM
if you are at low levels the game is really hard.

Crossblades
02-17-2006, 02:59 AM
It's mediocre in difficulty

Mo-Nercy
02-17-2006, 03:13 AM
I don't think this is anywhere near as hard as FFV.

Not that FFV ever reached DMC3 levels of frustration.

Zeromus_X
02-17-2006, 04:57 AM
It might be hard to people who started playing in the second generation. Levelling up is pretty much the solution to anything, along with buying weapons and armor and items...with the gil you get from killing monsters.

You will have to kill things for money and exp. It's not so hard.

But if you're playing in the gba or easytype and you're having a hard time...then...that's actually quite hilarious:rolleyes2

Then again, I must've played through this game countless times (along with countless people on this site) so i guess we just forgot if it was difficult?

Then again, if this is the first time you've played the game, and you have no clue what to to, then you may have problems.

Meh. :cat:

DMKA
02-17-2006, 05:25 AM
They were all pretty hard before VI...and it seems like they just get easier with every game since then.

I never finished IV because of those damn doors that come to life and kill you.

Jowy
02-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Amusingly, I killed every single TrapDoor in FFIV:Advance without a single fatality.

Parts of FFIV are difficult, but for the most part, it's moderately easy.

yuno
02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
i played the chronicles version,and i found it really really easy.that's why the game didnt really stick to my mind compared with the other ff's.

Cruise Control
02-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Amusingly, I killed every single TrapDoor in FFIV:Advance without a single fatality.Reflect on the targeted character, or just being awesome like me.

ljkkjlcm9
02-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I find with most RPGs, if you explore every inch of a dungeon, and don't run from any battles, you tend to be able to survive quite well. Even in early FF games, I mean, I always get told you should be about level 12 i think, when you go into the marsh cave in FFI, but I've beaten it at level 5. Hard yes, but I've done it. (the original NES version for those who think I was playing an easy version)

The real key is, never run.

THE JACKEL

Cruise Control
02-17-2006, 04:14 PM
I find with most RPGs, if you explore every inch of a dungeon, and don't run from any battles, you tend to be able to survive quite well. Even in early FF games, I mean, I always get told you should be about level 12 i think, when you go into the marsh cave in FFI, but I've beaten it at level 5. Hard yes, but I've done it. (the original NES version for those who think I was playing an easy version)You are offiicialy my long-lost brother.

Crossblades
02-17-2006, 04:50 PM
They were all pretty hard before VI...and it seems like they just get easier with every game since then.

I never finished IV because of those damn doors that come to life and kill you.

Just use Leviathan and two regular attacks

Nick Schovitz
02-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Hmm, okay, but for now, I'm trapped in that tower, I'm playing the playstation version, I don't like to buy a lot of Lifes or any items really, because I'm just stingy, and now that's got me trapped here in IV. I guess I shouldn't've taken it too likely since it was a old gen game. I do tend to run away from a lot of battles since my characters always take a lot of damage especially Rydia and Yang. But I use Yang's advantages like using hell claw and fairy claw combined to deal confuse and poison at the same time.

Rengori
02-18-2006, 04:41 AM
if you are at low levels the game is really hard.
Amen to that brother.

eurotrash
02-18-2006, 08:04 AM
this game is easy compared to FFI for the nes (not gba)

Cruise Control
02-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Then WTF. Use life. I carry 99 phoenix downs. You should carry 99 phoenix downs, 25 cottages. And after battle use CECIL to heal with magic, save your white mages MP for bosses, or dire situations.

Also, keep running(use Edge if you have him) then train at a save spot, using your white mage for healing. When she runs out of MP, use a cottage.

Keep leveling, but save 3 cottages. 1 for before the boss, 1 for after, and 1 for when you leave the tower.

I Don't Need A Name
02-18-2006, 06:23 PM
nah i didnt find it too hard

Dreddz
02-18-2006, 11:35 PM
FFI is the hardest
FFIV was hard near the end though, probably after Evil Wall IMO

Tavrobel
02-19-2006, 12:55 AM
FFV is the hardest, especially at the beginning, but it's not that much of a challenge. And FFI is not the hardest. Try beating the Big Rat in FFIII with no mana at level 7. FFIV is one of the more difficult ones (Hardtype). But regardless of what version you are using, the EvilWall will get you at least once.

drkdragoncharlie
02-19-2006, 02:01 AM
you kill the monsters and it not that hard:eep:

Rengori
02-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Who says killing the monsters is easy?

Nick Schovitz
02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
It's not.

boys from the dwarf
02-21-2006, 07:40 AM
its very hard if you dont use the right battle strategys and even the random encounters are dangerous if you dont know how to beat them so it is hard in a lot of ways.