PDA

View Full Version : The Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia

Rye
02-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh man, I am really excited for this CD to come out. It comes out April 18th. I fell in love with their first studio album, I can't say there is one song on it that I dislike. The Dresden Dolls, I can easily say, are my favourite band. There is just something real about their lyrics, but surreal at the same time that's just amazing, and the way Amanda plays the piano and the way Brian plays the drums is just... <3. It just works so well.

So I expect this album to be brilliant, and from people who have listened to it already and told me about it, it is. My only worry is that I think at least a quarter of the songs are studio versions of old hard to get songs that I've already gotten (Mandy Goes to Med School, Sex Changes, Delilah, etc), which isn't too bad, but I just don't want it to be all old songs and maybe 3 or 4 new ones. There are supposed to be 13 songs. The starred ones are the old ones. I only know of 10 of them, so that's why 3 are missing.

Sing
Dirty Business
*Sex Changes
*Delilah
Necessary Evil
*Modern Moonlight
*Mrs. O
Shores of California (it's new, but I got this song, so it's kinda old for me)
*Mandy Goes to Med School
Me and the Minibar

Any fans of the Dresden Dolls? Excited about the album? I must NOT download any more of these songs, since I've already heard too many of them.

Captain Maxx Power
02-17-2006, 12:06 AM
The Dresden Dolls scare me in a very fundamental way. The chick ranks up with this lass...

http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars2/scissor-sisters3.jpg

...as being females I am most afraid of. Don't ask me why it's just the way it is.

As for their music...meh, I find it listenable but too "akward" for my tastes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-17-2006, 12:07 AM
So do they play World War II remembrance songs or what?

Rye
02-17-2006, 12:20 AM
So do they play World War II remembrance songs or what?

xD No. I think the name was used because Amanda lived in Germany a few years and she liked how the dynamics of the name matched their musical sound (how it can be destructive one second and delicate another.) Or at least, that's what I've read in the biography. *shrugs*

Madame Adequate
02-17-2006, 12:38 AM
Fffft, Dresden Dolls suck. They're just a pair of musically inept monkeys who's talent extends as far as screeching and hitting a drum with no sense of rythym.

Rye
02-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Fffft, Dresden Dolls suck. They're just a pair of musically inept monkeys who's talent extends as far as screeching and hitting a drum with no sense of rythym.

You're too good at being sarcastic, Mr. MILF. :p

Skyblade
02-17-2006, 01:19 AM
You're too good at being sarcastic, Mr. MILF. :p

Mr?

Anyway, I've only heard one of their songs (Coin Operated Boy). It was alright (especially the part in the middle), but not good enough that I'd track down the rest of their music.

Madame Adequate
02-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Mr?

Anyway, I've only heard one of their songs (Coin Operated Boy). It was alright (especially the part in the middle), but not good enough that I'd track down the rest of their music.

Mr.

And ha-why thank you, Miss Rye bread!