PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania

Trumpet Thief
02-17-2006, 02:15 AM
chaos: I'm so pumped up for this. Anybody watching it?

Rubedo: Also, if you've ever gone to one, share your experiences about that.

chaos: If you either hate wrestling/don't know a thing, the best thing to do would be to not post. Especially since I've seen too many good wrestling threads being destroyed by "You know that crap's fake" and "Why do you watch this stuff? It's stupid! It's not even a sport!".

Albedo: Hahaha, our first Wrestlemania experience was grand.

chaos: Actually, it was our only Wrestlemania experience.

Trowa:...Anyways, we were fortunate enough to get tickets to Wrestlemania XIX, as we had been planning to go there. Family lived in Seattle, so we had no problem. We were able to get tons of tickets as soon as we found out they were released, so off we went to Safeco Field. It was really great, although quite akward seeing Lesnar land on his neck on that shooting star-press. *sits and stares*

Albedo: The constant replays of it were enough to make me happy! *laughs maniacally*

DK
02-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Lucky bastard. :( Going to Wrestlemania is one thing I want to do in my life. I'm sure it'll be a good watch, as per usual. I haven't been able to keep up with WWE forever, though. What matches are lined up?

Trumpet Thief
02-17-2006, 03:42 AM
chaos: Well, for Wrestlemania 22, there really aren't any confirmed matches. Although, according to news sources, these are supposed to be some of the matches...

Rubedo:
World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle
WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Triple H
Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match)
Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels (Street Fight)
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry
Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio

Del Murder
02-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Why isn't Rey getting the title shot?

I went to Wrestlemania 2000. I don't remember what number that was. It was at the Anaheim Pond. We had seats in the last row but it was awesome. There was a TLC match and HHH beat Foley, Big Show, and Rock to retain the title.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM
wow a lot of things have changed since I started watching. is the WWE Championship still a combination on the old WWF and WCW titles?

Meat Puppet
02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
does anybody know about the austin rumour?

a nirvana fan
02-17-2006, 11:35 AM
wow, i love watching Wrestlemania XV a lot, since then I think WWE got more like a soap opera than wrestling, but I still watch it every so often, always watch Wrestlemania though:D

Loony BoB
02-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Please mark your spoilers, Trumps. :(

Trumpet Thief
02-17-2006, 03:34 PM
chaos: Sorry 'bout that Loony Bob. :)

Rubedo: To Del: He isn't getting it because according to news sources, they're using the Eddie Guerrero storyline, and Randy Orton beating Rey Mysterio at No Way Out to make Randy get more over as a heel. They also believe that Orton vs. Angle is the way to go for the Wrestlemania mainevent.

tomamar04
02-18-2006, 07:33 AM
wow a lot of things have changed since I started watching. is the WWE Championship still a combination on the old WWF and WCW titles?

After the draft, which split Raw and Smackdown into 2 seperate brands, the WWE championship became exclusive to Smackdown, while Raw was presented with the World Heavyweight Championship, which is kinda based on the old WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

But After WM21, there was another draft, and the World Heavyweight Champion (Batista at the time) was drafted from Raw to Smackdown, and the WWE champion (John Cena) went in the other direction.

Hope that made sense:)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-18-2006, 03:35 PM
After the draft, which split Raw and Smackdown into 2 seperate brands, the WWE championship became exclusive to Smackdown, while Raw was presented with the World Heavyweight Championship, which is kinda based on the old WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

But After WM21, there was another draft, and the World Heavyweight Champion (Batista at the time) was drafted from Raw to Smackdown, and the WWE champion (John Cena) went in the other direction.

Hope that made sense:)

crystal

btw how did jericho lose it after he won in at Vengeance (200?)

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-18-2006, 06:49 PM
He isn't getting it because according to news sources, they're using the Eddie Guerrero storyline, and Randy Orton beating Rey Mysterio at No Way Out to make Randy get more over as a heel. They also believe that Orton vs. Angle is the way to go for the Wrestlemania mainevent.
Said it all. They also believe that while Rey is popular that after a few weeks it will become too unbelievable to put him in matches with the much bigger superstars.

Khaotic
02-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Sorry to go off topic guys, but just out of pure wonder since I wasn't able to see it, who won between Undertaker VS Randy Orton?

Trumpet Thief
02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
chaos: The whole fued, or the matches?

Rubedo: If you mean the fued of five matches, it's: Undertaker. If you mean from each match, then:Undertaker won at Wrestlemania, Randy Orton won at Summerslam, Undertaker won on Smackdown, Randy Orton won at No Mercy in a Casket Match, and finally, Undertaker won in Hell in a Cell at Armaggeddon.

Khaotic
02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Ahh Ok thanks, that covers my question. :D

Spammerman
02-18-2006, 10:49 PM
IM hopin Undertaker becomes 14-0 at wrestlemania

Skarr
02-19-2006, 03:49 PM
This Wrestlemania is going to be a good a one. To TT I believe that Rey and Angle for the main event would be better than Ortan ( if only due to the fact that Ortan's had the belt before).

Dreddz
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Im not really into Wrestling, but I do have the first Wrestlemania on Video, It has the Hulk and Mr T In It !!!!!!!!!
There was some big money thing with Andre the Giant and some other guy.
What I remember most is King Kong Bundy's match when he beats someone in 12 seconds.
Its all too flash now for me to enjoy any Wrestling match.

Trumpet Thief
02-20-2006, 04:52 AM
chaos: I just watched No Way Out, and it was one hell of a Pay-Per-View. The last three matches were amazing, the cruiserweight match was great, Lashley vs. JBL was above average, and the tag-team match was pretty good.

Skarr
02-27-2006, 03:54 AM
+Well it seems that Triple H will face John Cena for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. Also, RAndy Ortan and Rey Mysterio will face either Kurt Angle or The Undertaker at Wrestlemania in a Triple Threat match.