PDA

View Full Version : Golden Chocobo & Knights Of The Round

a nirvana fan
02-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Ok so i've just finished FFVII again and I have completely forgot how to get the Golden Chocobo, so could someone tell me a simple step by step way of obtaining one please, much appreciated. Also is there another way of getting Knights of the Round Table without going to the cave?

McLovin'
02-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Always save before you mate two chocobos. If you don't succeed in getting the chocobo you want, you can always reset your playstation and try again.

One thing to keep in mind when raising chocobos is that you should only spend about 40,000 Gil for each chocobo on greens (as an absolute maximum). The only chocobos on which you should spend more than this amount of money on greens on is the Black Chocobo and your Gold Chocobo. These chocobos' stats should be maxed out and they are the

ones you will race with if you want prizes at the Gold Saucer.

To get a Green Chocobo or Blue Chocobo, steal the carob nut from the red dragon-like monsters (Vlakorados) on the grass near Bone village. Go to Mideel Island with your Chocobo Lure Materia (preferably upgraded), and walk around the tracks until you find a great chocobo. Then go to the Gold Saucer tracks and find a good chocobo. Make sure one is male and one is female and upgrade them at the golden saucer to the highest class you can. Mate these two to get either a Blue Chocobo or a Green Chocobo. Once you get a chocobo of either colour, mate the original parents again for the other colour. To mate them again, you have to wait a while (go level up or do some other side quests). Once you have a Blue Chocobo and a Green Chocobo of opposite sex, boost them both to the highest class you can achieve in the golden saucer. Mate them with a carob nut for a Black Chocobo (it's possible that you don't get it, but don't despair; just reset and try the mating again).

Now, go to the Icicle Inn area, where the chocobo tracks are, and get a wonderful chocobo. It'll take a few tries to get one, so don't despair if you end up with a few crappy ones. When you're catching your wonderful chocobo, however, make sure that you get a chocobo of the opposite sex of your Black Chocobo. Once you catch it, upgrade it to the highest class you can achieve (perferably S-class) along with your Black Chocobo and mate them with a zeio nut. With a little luck, you'll have a Gold Chocobo! What you do with it now is up to you, but you should ride it to the top right corner of the map and look for a crater-like island and then go into the cave to get the Knights of the Round materia.

There is a glitch I think that you can use to get unlimited amount of any item. So if you discover this glitch then you'll save a lot of money.

You can get Greens from the Chocobo Sage who lives somewhere...

The Nuts

* Carob nut - used for Green Chocobo, Blue Chocobo, and Black Chocobo. Steal the nuts from the red dragon-like monster in the Bone Village area (grass) or buy them for 500GP each at the Golden Saucer at the Wonder Square.
* Zeio nut- used for Gold Chocobo. Steal the nuts from the Goblins on an island in the north eastern part of the map.

full info here: http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/ff7/chocobos.shtml

TheSpoonyBard
02-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Read this (http://www.thebrink.us/ffvii/chocobobreeding.htm). You can also get a Gold chocobo from the Kalm Traveller if you give him the Desert Rose (defea Ruby WEAPON). It won't be any good at racing, but it will suffice for travelling.

The only KotR materia is in the cave on Round Island. However, you can access the spell with the Master Summon you receive from the Kalm Traveller after you give him the Earth Harp (defeat Emerald WEAPON).

You can reach Round Island with a Gold Chocobo and the Highwind. It is possible to land on the island with the Highwind, but once you do you cannot board again. Use the Gold chocobo.

a nirvana fan
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
ok guys thanks a lot, much appreciated.

cloud_doll
02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
i dont think you have to get your chocobos in their highest class. I got a blue, green, black, and gold chocobo when they were all on class C

Dreddz
02-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Chocobo breeding isnt as tedious as some say, I thought it was pretty fun.

McLovin'
02-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I hated it. I restarted too many times; both the playstation and the breeding.

kikimm
02-18-2006, 01:12 AM
It's in the FAQ. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=17635)