PDA

View Full Version : help?

asukaevaunit02
02-18-2006, 12:15 PM
hi, i havnt played this game in years, and nothin seems 2 be right, i need help with the following things

1. blitz - when do u put in the commands, i use the right controls but it always says incorrect

2. what does terra's morph do? how to use it?

3. what does celes's runic do? used for?

thanks heaps

I Don't Need A Name
02-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Blitz- Press Blitz, type in the moves, then press X
Morph- this turns Terra into an esper. it boosts magig power. Press Morph
Runic- Press runic and Celes will absorb all magic and convert it to MP

asukaevaunit02
02-18-2006, 12:24 PM
thank you

Roto13
02-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Also, you need to have a sword equipped for Runic, and I think you need to use it every turn in a battle or it stops working? The duration of Morph depends on the number of battles fought. You don't have it when you first get Terra. You get it later in the game.

Tavrobel
02-18-2006, 06:47 PM
It stops working after she absorbs one spell, unless you continue to use it. So let's say I Runic for 4 turns, and then an enemy launches a magic attack. I will absorb it. If I use it again, it also allows me to absorb the next attack. But if it uses two magics, then I will only absorb the first. The MP absorbed is the amount used to cast the spell (so Ultima would absorb 80, while Fire would absorb 5). This essentially means Runic does not stack in amount of spells absorbed per usage. The sword equipped for Runic must be a "Runic" Sword (which is most of the swords in the game, so don't worry about it), and same thing for Gogo, Runic will not stack, so whoever uses Runic last will get the MP.

Morph also doubles the amount of Magic Points after the battle if Terra is still morphed when the battle ends. It boosts Defense, MDef, and Magic Attack (not sure about Physical damage). AND this cannot be Mimicked.

KoShiatar
02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Be sure not to use Runic when your party has to cast a spell. Runic absorbs ANY spell, no matter if it's cast by friend or foe.

JackNapier
02-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I have a problem with some of the Blitz moves. I've beaten the game without using some of them but I would love to see what they look like. I can't do the ones like Aura Bolt, Fire Dance etc. They all have diagonal arrow directions. I'm doing it but its not registering.

Roto13
02-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Are you using the ROM? If so, set the directions to the number pad. It works wonders!

JackNapier
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Nope, I'm using Anthologies.

Roto13
02-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh, well then, you just suck at it ;)

Remember that you can do it slowly. It's not a fighting game.

JackNapier
02-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, oh well I'm doomed to never see Fire Dance. I think I'll just get him confused so he'll cast it.

Tavrobel
02-21-2006, 12:54 AM
If it is a diagonal arrow, the doing either one of the directions it is pointing in on the D-Pad should work. For example, if an arrow points to the top left, then either hitting left or up will allow the Blitz to work. (assuming you got the REST of the input correct also)

ljkkjlcm9
02-21-2006, 01:19 AM
Pummel: left, right, left
AuraBolt: down, DL, left or down, down, left
Suplex: X, Y, down, up
Fire Dance: left, DL, down, DR, right or left, left, down, down, right
Mantra: R, L, R, L, X, Y
Air Blade: up, UR, right, DR, down, DL, left or up, up, right, right, down, down, left
Spiraler: R, L, X, Y, right, left
Bum Rush: left, UL, up, UR, right, DR, down ,DL, left or left, left, up, up, right, right, down, down, left

THE JACKEL

feioncastor
02-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah, oh well I'm doomed to never see Fire Dance. I think I'll just get him confused so he'll cast it.

For fire dance, it's much easier to take this short cut. You have to do it quickly, but it's easier than doing the DL and DR thing:

Left, Left, Down, Right, Right, X

Likewise, for Aurabolt, try using:

Down, Left, Left, X

Instead of doing the sliding thing. For me, it was much easier. I know short cuts for all of the blitzes that involve sliding your thumb.