PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus ending [SPOILERS]

Yew-Yevon
02-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I finaly bought the game and beat it. But the ending had me ready to cry and sing at the same time. I alomst shed tears of joy in front of the screen when the lost love comse back to life and finds that the hero was turned into a small baby boy

what did you think of the ending? Did you like it, hate it? Discuss:D

Dreddz
02-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Prefered Ico's, But SOC's ending satisfied me.

Craig
02-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I got it yesterday, on Colossus 13 right now, I'll tell you what I thought when I beat the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
The interactive segment was poignant and heartbreaking. I'm glad they tied it into ICO's story, as well.

Awesomeman
02-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree. During the actual gameplay, I was thinking "Where's the story?". But the ending really brought together the game, and I personally thought it was one of the deepest stories of the year. And I loved the music.:D

Tidus Andronicus
02-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Personally i liked the ending... even if it was sad... and in some way, i think this game is kindof a prequil to Ico! because the baby was born with horns... So maybe he is the first child with horns that starts the whole thing that takes place in Ico... with all those children being born with horns and all. XD

Either way, its an absolutly GREAT game! ^_~

Germ Hamee
02-19-2006, 01:55 AM
He had horns? o.O I completely missed that. Is that how it tied into Ico? *never played into Ico very long*

I really loved the ending. I was a little worried as I played through the game because NOTHING was happening, but I turned it off satisfied. They also managed to please me with the final Colossi. After fighting so many gargantuan creatures, I didn't think it would impress me. But it did, and I had the most fun with that one.

I'm going to have to look around for a soundtrack (if it exists) because the music was amazing.

Tidus Andronicus
02-19-2006, 03:42 AM
I have the sound track... got it off Emule, cause i can't find it anywhere else. it should still be on there. ^_~ I'm gonna import it if I can find it! its VERY good!

Ancient Seductress
02-19-2006, 03:49 AM
I loved Shadow of The Colossus beyond anything

The ending was the best and most deep that I have ever seen,the story itself is simple,pure and innocent and yet very deep,emotional and dramatic.This has got to be the best game ever!

And yes the boy was in fact earlier Ico the child who was forsaken for being born with horns.And his love is the girl he freed.The reason he was reborn with horns was because it is who he is "A Cursed Child" as the priest said,but with time he will find attoment for his crime that nearly released a terrible demon

The ending was overwhelming.Its not what I wanted but its what I want to accept as its the story.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2006, 03:54 AM
And yes the boy was in fact earlier Ico the child who was forsaken for being born with horns.And his love is the girl he freed.Ico and Wander are totally different people, as are Yorda and Mono.

SotC takes place thousands of years prior to ICO. The horned boys in ICO are Wander's accursed progeny. By rescuing Yorda, liberating the souls of the horned boys, and slaying the Queen, Ico redeems Wander's misdeeds and ends the curse, just as Emon foretold in SotC's ending.

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Yeah, that makes sence. How do you know that it took thousand of years prior to ICO? As far as I know, they never confirmed the link between ICO and SotC.:confused:

Ancient Seductress
02-19-2006, 04:00 AM
Well I feel stupid, I never finished Ico.Looks like ill have to get it again.

But then again how did you come to that conclusion.It looks to me in the begining the priest said something about the boy escaping from a curse and that A spell held by a dark power could release his love.And his name isent Wander as I never heard anyone give his name.His horse is Argo but as to his name.But the priest never fortold anything, he simply said "may you one day find atoment for what you have done"

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Well I feel stupid, I never finished Ico.Looks like ill have to get it again.

But then again how did you come to that conclusion.It looks to me in the begining the priest said something about the boy escaping from a curse and that A spell held by a dark power could release his love.And the his name isent Wander as I never heard anyone give his name.His horse is Argo but as to his name.

Thank you

Yeah, me niether:( Where can you even find a copy. They're pretty rare where I live.

Ancient Seductress
02-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Where do you live?

As to being rare, you dont have to worry same here in the USA.

You can get Ico on the internet as you can get just about anything

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 04:14 AM
I live in california. I can't even find a used copy at gamestop or EB. And my mom doesn't like buying things online. I'll just stick with SotC. I need to search for that soundtrack now...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Yeah, that makes sence. How do you know that it took thousand of years prior to ICO?ICO's story states that a horned boy is born once every generation. Given the number of horned boy ghosts in the castle's tomb, some simple multiplication results in a figure of about a millennium and a half.
It looks to me in the begining the priest said something about the boy escaping from a curse and that A spell held by a dark power could release his love.
That place...began from the resonance of intersecting points... They are memories replaced by ens and naught and etched into stone. Blood, young sprouts, sky--and the one with the ability to control beings created from light... In that world, it is said that if one should wish it one can bring back the souls of the dead... ...But to trespass upon that land is strictly forbidden...Emon says nothing about escaping from a curse or releasing anyone's love--just the ability to bring back the dead.
And his name isent Wander as I never heard anyone give his name.His name is Wander. Check the voice actor credits in the instruction manual and the game's ending. Also note the game's Japanese title, "Wander and the Colossus."
But the priest never fortold anything, he simply said "may you one day find atoment for what you have done"That's prettymuch what it means to foretell something.

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Yeah, his name is Wander, though i don't think thats his true name. i think its supposed to be derived from wanderer or something.

Ancient Seductress
02-19-2006, 05:30 AM
That place...began from the resonance of intersecting points... They are memories replaced by ens and naught and etched into stone. Blood, young sprouts, sky--and the one with the ability to control beings created from light... In that world, it is said that if one should wish it one can bring back the souls of the dead... ...But to trespass upon that land is strictly forbidden...

Emon says nothing about escaping from a curse or releasing anyone's love--just the ability to bring back the dead.

Which is exactly what I said, there in the forbidden land there is a spell to release/resurrect his love.They must have been escaping from something he did after all he had stolen the sacred sword, which it not being in the with the priest as the sword is cursed one of the demons weapons.But then he could have taken it from the priest as well.

His name is Wander. Check the voice actor credits in the instruction manual and the game's ending. Also note the game's Japanese title, "Wander and the Colossus."

It wouldn't mean his name is Wander, as that we don't know.

That's pretty much what it means to foretell something.

"even if its possible to live in a accursed land such as this,may you one day find atoment for what you have done."

That would mean he will find forgiveness from god or whatever divinity is worshiped in that land, therefor in that time. Ico couldn't have been his progeny, or have you forgotten there is no way out of that land know.With the fall of the bridge no one may ever enter that land again or leave.

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Yeah, that girl is stuck in that land. How could Wander get out and spread the curse?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2006, 07:02 AM
I don't need to tell you that Ueda intentionally leaves certain aspects of the story ambiguous. It's possible that Wander didn't need to leave that area for the curse to spread, or maybe he just grew up and, you know, built a boat.

And there's no arguing that his name isn't Wander.

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't see how he could leave, seeing how the valley is surounded by cliffs. But its possible, if he pushed Agro hard enough, lol

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Perhaps you overlooked the huge ocean on the southwest side of the map.

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, but there is that huge cliff jutting down. Even if he jumped, he'd die by the impact. I tried. And do you know where I could find some SotC pics?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2006, 07:14 AM
There's no cliff. You can walk right up to the shoreline and swim until you start to get pushed back.

http://images.google.com/images?q=shadow+of+the+colossus&hl=en

Tidus Andronicus
02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I bought Ico just after I beat SotC, It was hard to find... and I could only get it used... but the copy i got, still works thank god. XD (scratched up though =/)

I went to one store and the didn't have it, then I went to another store and they did, only used... then the guy behind the counter said a store hours away had it new... but no way in hell am I driving THAT far for a new copy of. x3

If you can't get either, just wait a few years... XD by that time emulators for PS2 will work perfectly! ^_~

Sooo, How big have yous all gotten your health and grip things? My health bar goes all the way to the end of the screen, and my grip circle is like 1/10 the size of my tv screen, its so big it goes way off the edge top and bottum. I also have quite a few extra items... XD too bad they really only help in hard mode.

Anyone manage to clime the hidden moss on the back side of the temple? cause for the life of me, I find it dam impossible! >_< I wanna see that secret ending area! =3

RSL
02-19-2006, 04:55 PM
I need to get around to finishing this game. I only got to number 10 before I quit.

Sephex
02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
I thought it was a great, bittersweet ending. It was the deciding factor which made me think that SotC was my game of the year.

Craig
02-19-2006, 07:53 PM
My instruction manual says the guy is called Wanda.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
So it's written in Engrish?

DK
02-24-2006, 04:49 AM
I just completed it a couple of hours ago, it was a great ending. I was happy explained a bit, the lack of story was somewhat frustrating.

Why is everyone having such a hard time finding copies of Ico? My local game shop has a load in. Sony re-released it because of SotC.

Yew-Yevon
02-24-2006, 04:59 AM
when you live on a golf corse and have no game shops neerby...then its pretty hard. espesialy when the neerest one is like 50-100ml away.

Old Manus
02-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Why is everyone having such a hard time finding copies of Ico? My local game shop has a load in. Sony re-released it because of SotC.
This is true

I had lots of fun in this game seeing just how far I had to jump to kill myself

Tidus Andronicus
02-25-2006, 04:32 AM
dam... now I have to sell my copy of Ico and get one of those new ones! XD