PDA

View Full Version : Are you lookin forward to this game?

a nirvana fan
02-18-2006, 07:19 PM
The title says it all, share your opinion on the game and if you looking forward to it or not and reasons why.

Setzer Gabianni
02-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Kinda, I just hope the story doesn't turn out to be shoddy. As for the secret ending...well, I'm not too fond of it already >.>;;

Gameplay..not to bothered about

~Setzer Gabianni

strider7
02-19-2006, 03:52 PM
im looking forward to it but having douths if the gameplay is smooth to control.

and yes that secret ending was kinda dull,what the heck is that guy doing in there??

AdVincent
02-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Why are you people spoiling it? Saying it has a dull ending is considered spoiling to me and so is saying "what the heck is that guy doing in there??"

materia_master
02-22-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm ready for this. Hopefully it has as great of a story as ff7.

Crossblades
02-22-2006, 03:36 AM
Well, it's an FF game, so yeah:p

Midnight Garnet
02-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah...its different but hopefully it'll be good.:)

a nirvana fan
02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, it's an FF game, so yeah:p

That is exactly what I think, but it's not just a FF game its a FFVII game!:D

Lost Number
02-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Its a game. I like games. So I might get game. I think it might be interesting.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Hell yes I have dreams where I as vincent proceed to blow the heads off various people fist person style

lady yunalesca
02-26-2006, 12:33 AM
isnt this just going to be a fp shoot em up though? i am interested just because it may reveal a bit more about the "unfinished" story in ff7......but i generally only like rpg, i am not a fan of the shoot em ups!!!

Aqua Heart
02-28-2006, 09:16 PM
hey guys. when does this game actually come out on the ps2 then?

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
03-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Its out in Japan I believe they are just puttin on the final touches for ht us.
I haerd itll come out this summer

DarknessFromAbove
03-01-2006, 01:45 PM
It looks like it'll be intresting. I personally can't wait ^_^ Yay Vinnie *waves flag*

Vincent's Valentine
03-12-2006, 03:57 AM
Eh... I’m pretty torn. The most important thing, to me, about Final Fantasy VII was the deep, intense exploration of the human psyche. Every character had an extremely well developed back story, and autarkical personality. My favorite of these, was of course, Vincent.

With Mr. Valentine, we are not subject to nearly as much detail as a character such as Barret. While we get to experience and observe first hand certain characters develop and grow, Vincent’s history is much more of a hypothetical implication threw sparse dialog and ‘flashbacks.’ His back story became a sort of ‘fill-in-the-blank’ type of thing, and like many crazed and obsessed fans, I have developed my own in-depth thesis. I’m all about Vincent being Sephiroth’s father, and I will happily explain why to anyone who inquires.

I know, I know, okay?! Square said this, official guides say that. I know. But that’s what made Final Fantasy VII so reputed. It was a personal epic for most of us, highlighted by the ending of the game we all invested over 50 hours into. It just ended. Nothing was clarified, there was no satisfaction of a solid result. The only bit of comfort allowed to slide threw was if you sat threw the entire credit roll, (bawling, if you are like me...) To see Red XIII and his kitties overlooking a horrifically dilapidated Midgar. Even then, you are still left to wonder what happened to the characters you shared an astounding journey with. Point is, the game was something personally applicable to you, you, and that fat guy over there.

I felt the same with Advent Children, but the film succeeded wildly with keeping the characters open to interpretation. With Dirge of Cerberus, a game concentered on a singular character, will inevitably need to be specific on Vincent’s origins. Not only dispelling my own theories, but flat out denying them. Aside from setting any unanswered questions in stone, hey, they might make Vincent a downright, dislikable character.

Twilight Edge
03-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Excuse me guys,but how do you diferentiate between a fp and a tp shooting game?I never played shooter games before so I don't know.

ClOuD..StRiFe
03-12-2006, 01:59 PM
When Is It Being Released In The Uk:confused:

Lost Number
03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Excuse me guys,but how do you diferentiate between a fp and a tp shooting game?I never played shooter games before so I don't know.
FP - looking through the characters eyes. You dont see yourself.
TP - Usually over the shoulder view.

Luara
03-15-2006, 10:53 PM
The game is good because it has Vincent in it... what more can we ask for..? xD
oh, Cloud... >.<

XxSephirothxX
03-16-2006, 12:13 AM
I'd like to play it, if only to finish up the VII storyline and see how Square Enix does with a shooter. But I doubt I'll buy it when it's first released, unless it gets absolutely amazing reviews. I'll probably pick it up as a Greatest Hits title.

~SapphireStar~
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Kinda. Im not a huge Vincent fan, but it does look like a fun game. If I dont buy it, I will borrow it.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
i think its going to be sweet just because Vincents in it hes awsome:)

kikimm
03-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, Vincent will be great. If it was Barret or Yuffie, I wouldn't be as interested. :D There was a horrible lack of Vincent in FFVII.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Gackt lent his likeness to what appears to be the main villian, which implies to me that you can kill Gackt.

So yes, I must get this game just for that.

And it actually does look pretty fun.

Dreddz
03-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I alwasy forget about this game, I only ever remember when I go past this board. I will buy it, no matter what reviews it gets ( apart if it turns out to be dreadful ). But I zip wire down to the shop to buy the game...

Death Penalty
03-22-2006, 02:12 AM
I want it but I will wait a few months before I get it as I know thge whole story.

Masamunemaster
03-28-2006, 02:40 PM
hellz yea thisgame will rule bc it's about my boy vincent

DarkLord
06-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I suppose I'm both looking forward to it and fearing it, the Japanese version got pretty poor reviews...

Omni-Odin
07-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I can't wait for this game to come out. I was always was excited about the VII Compilation, except for Before Crisis (too much work to play a game), so I'm looking forward to it.

tidus_rox
07-13-2006, 11:35 PM
ok I have barly played ff vii. So what i am wondering is; would i HAVE to play it understand this one? Or could i get it and kind of find mi way around without getting to confused. And can ne one send me a trailer for it? I never heard of it until today so im interested... (I no, Im so un-informed.... sigh)

Setzer Gabianni
07-14-2006, 07:28 AM
No, I can answer this properly now. It looks crap, I don't think improvements will make this into a spectacular title. YouTube should have trailers, and no, you don't have to get this unless you want the game just because you want to see the FFVII gang again.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Rinah
07-19-2006, 09:22 AM
It should be good, if its anythinf like X-2 i will be happy enough.

Hyperion4444
07-26-2006, 02:22 PM
The title says it all,

Totally.

t should be good, if its anythinf like X-2 i will be happy enough.

NO!

It's not that it was bad or anything... just not here. (don't quote)

I Think it's going to be great,
I Still think DoC looks like DMC
...Dirge of Cerberus Wallpapers (http://www.hellandheavennet.com/ff7doc/wall/)
That'll be the thing that makes it good...
...DMC (http://www.capcom.com/dmc3/)

Anyway, I hope it does a good success, if it does, they may add Cerberus to many other FFs.

I don't really like some of the FFVII characters in FFVII...
But I like Vincent. (As well as Cloud, Tifa, Red?)
And I totally hated Cat Sith except here (http://www.hellandheavennet.com/image.php?image=/ff7doc/wall/10.jpg)
You know much have change, and I like them all now.

In Final words: I'm all for Cerberus and having the old characters ''changed&upgraded'', like Barret, for exemple...

They should do this to another FF,... (a remake)

chrisfffan
07-26-2006, 05:43 PM
i think it will be a good game its gona be diffrent though its a shooter so i dont think it will be as good as final fantasy 7 or 8 but i will buy it.

Julie
08-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Have I got this straight? Advent Children is a film, and DoC is a game completely unlike "normal" FF-games? Isn't DoC an RPG?
I figured DoC was to FF7 what FFX-2 was to FFX, am I on the wrong track? (No point in waiting like a child for Christmas if it's not even an RPG).

Owen Macwere
08-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, it is not a strategy game, unlike the other FF games.

Spoiler: But it is pretty simple, and the story isn't that much shocking either, I'd like to know what that little girl is doing there as I got the Japanies version.:rolleyes2
anyway, the weapons are boring as far as I see them, and being only able to play by vincent is not a good thing. and well, what is that winged guy is doing there, and that girl sealed in this crystals? it is complecated, but i don't like it as much as I like the other FF games.

Julie
08-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, I got my answer from another thread.....this sux!

Hyperion4444
08-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes.

Actually, it's the first time I ever been expecting a Final Fantasy game.
Ever.

It looks awsome.

Well, I got my answer from another thread.....this sux!
Are you going to let someone else tell you what you should like?
But, it's not an RPG, so don't buy it. (Unless you like shooting games...)

No, I can answer this properly now. It looks crap, I don't think improvements will make this into a spectacular title. YouTube should have trailers, and no, you don't have to get this unless you want the game just because you want to see the FFVII gang again.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Ok, it's up to you, I don't think it looks like crap, and I'm not expecting to see the old FFVII crew (But I tend to see Aeris in the begining, when she was alive.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/

Hearts
08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm realllly looking forward to it :D

Master Vivi
08-16-2006, 12:48 AM
im looking foward too it too

oh and hearts how old are you and what school are you going too? because i live in charlotte nc im attending olympic high school

Totally_obsessed
04-14-2007, 03:24 PM
The movie was totally friggen AWESOME! How can the game be any less?