PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Dreddz
02-18-2006, 10:58 PM
This is going to be great, Capcom just keep on giving. Im still playing SFA3 alot on my PSP still, but now Ive got this to look forward to, Ive been reading alot about this and I have to say that this is going to be Capcoms finest title. It may all be re-released games, but new modes and features will be put in. Also these games are probably the best of Capcoms SF series.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sfaanthology/index.html
Theres quite alot of Info on there.

Erdrick Holmes
02-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm preordering this.

Shin Gouken
02-19-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm tingly

NM
02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Still wish they'd make a Street Fighter 4 though.

Shin Gouken
02-19-2006, 11:39 AM
The link you posted doesn't say anything about new modes and features being added

Polnareff
02-19-2006, 12:50 PM
That's 'cause there's not really any new modes. All the games minus Gem Fighter will have the same exact modes in each one. Since all these are the arcade games, that means the games will have their frames intact, but the version of A3 included will not have all the characters from the console ports.

On top of that, the extra modes included in the ports of each game (such as A2 Gold having the Akuma mode and A3 having the World Tour mode) most likely will not be included.

There's a couple other Capcom collections coming out, like the Powerstone collection (Dreddz already posted about this) and a Capcom puzzle collection called "Capcom Puzzle World" which will include Buster Bros Collection (first released on PS1), Block Block (a Breakout-type game), and Puzzle Fighter. Puzzle Fighter will have 2 new modes of play.

Dreddz
02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
The link you posted doesn't say anything about new modes and features being added
Searching never did anyone a bit of harm
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sfaanthology/news.html?sid=6144494&mode=previews
Theres going to be an Online mode which is what Im looking forward to the most.

Erdrick Holmes
02-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Still wish they'd make a Street Fighter 4 though.

A 4th Street Fighter is inevitable. If you paid attention to the storyline of SF3:

Gill was never defeated. The only person to fight him was Alex and he lost. Ryu got defeated by Oro.

Perhaps we'll see a new SF game sometime featuring Ryu as an older man living under hermatage of Oro. And possibly seeing Ryu go all 'sith lord' on us again.

a nirvana fan
02-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Wow, Im definitely getting that little gem.

NM
02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
A 4th Street Fighter is inevitable. If you paid attention to the storyline of SF3

I'll pay attenton to the storyline when Capcom do. :p

I've only ever finish SF3 using Akuma, Ken & Ryu. I very rarely play the SF games single player.

Dreddz
02-19-2006, 11:02 PM
What Joel said just proves that I dont know half the story in SF. I play to fight, I should concentrate on the story more..........but SF4 must come, it just has to.....Capcom seem to be re-releasing SF mostly, some of this is good as I havent played some of there older Titles, SFA2Gold Is something I have to play. But they should give us SF4 soon.....

Lionx
02-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Damn if only they rereleased CvS2 with the online mode for PS2...oh well this is pretty awesome i say. However it still leaves me wondering if we will ever get SF4 at times, i heard many a rumor SF is staying where it is except for crossovers and stuff, and the scene has been stagnating lately with CvS2 the only last real playable competition out there, with MvC2(broken man..) and 3s being the only few others along with Super Turbo and Guilty Gear. But its has been a while and i like to see something new these days to liven up the place again.

I have to say though that alot of the SF3 characters seem kinda..blah..i mean Dudley is fighting for his stolen car? >_> Come on dude..i know Honda and Dhalsim being there wasnt that great too but they were in SF2 and they had to fit them in somewhere so that was ok for me..but new generation man...come on..

Smash bros will probably boom again when Rev is out, i like to see SF too as well or maybe the new KoF.

Dreddz
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
A new KOF would be great, but I'd rather see SF4 on the shelf, but thus, GGX3 will be better than any other game out there....