PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasys Do you think are connected?

Rikku X-2
02-19-2006, 06:17 AM
When I play the Final Fantasy Games they don't go in order and i think some final fantasys are connected some how, like worlds and characters

Awesomeman
02-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Yeah, which ones? Some guy thought X was like a thousand years before VIII. He thought the Shinra company was named after Shinra from X-2.

Shin Gouken
02-19-2006, 08:10 AM
I havnt noticed any reasonable evidence to presume any final fantasys are connected. Aside from the obvious of gaurdian forces and magic and such. But i wont rule it out, im oen to the idea that they might be.

Setzer Gabianni
02-19-2006, 09:47 AM
No, I doubt they are connected as such in the way you are thinking. It's nice to just to know that these are all completely different games, with unique storylines.

~Setzer Gabianni

Zante
02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
X and X2 obviously. Apart from that, I dont think any others are.

Slothy
02-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Given the lack of any evidence that any are connected aside from X and X-2, I'll go with none of them. And little references to previous titles don't count as evidence. They're all more tips of the hat to what came before, and ways to make fanboys squeel like schoolgirls when they see them.

Dreddz
02-19-2006, 04:44 PM
FFT and FFXII
Gosh Im clever.

namineicey
02-21-2006, 01:38 AM
I'll say FFVIII & FFX-2

NeoCracker
02-21-2006, 02:33 AM
I personally liked my random theory a while ago that connected them al, assuming that there was large time gaps between them. Most likely not true, but entertaining to think up. There is FFVII, Dirge od Cirberus, and Before Crisis.

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Given the lack of any evidence that any are connected aside from X and X-2, I'll go with none of them. And little references to previous titles don't count as evidence. They're all more tips of the hat to what came before, and ways to make fanboys squeel like schoolgirls when they see them.

Agreed. Especially when it comes to all he references in IX.

black orb
02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
>>> FF1 and FF9..

Marluxiaswife
02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
I'll say FFVIII & FFX-2

Death Penalty
02-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Be serious the closest hints I ahve seen are 7 and X-2. FF8 and X-2 having nothing even remotely similar

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-27-2006, 06:06 AM
I think Final Fantasy VII and VIII are connected because I think if Cloud married, Tifa and had a baby with her Zell would probaby be that baby.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I think Final Fantasy VII and VIII are connected because I think if Cloud married, Tifa and had a baby with her Zell would probaby be that baby.

Except that that would have required Midgar and materia to completely disappear and for a completely new system of government, including the gardens, to rise within the space of a generation. Also, Laguna would almost have had to have known Cloud if that were the case.

TheAbominatrix
02-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Except that that would have required Midgar and materia to completely disappear and for a completely new system of government, including the gardens, to rise within the space of a generation. Also, Laguna would almost have had to have known Cloud if that were the case.

Not to mention the geographical changes.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-27-2006, 07:57 AM

As baby Zell could have gotten sucked into a time portal similar to the way Tidus did in Final Fantasy X.(I know he didn't really get sucked into a time portal, but for a while Tidus actually thought that he did and probaby, 50% of the people who played FFX thought that for a while too.)

TheAbominatrix
02-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, he could have. Save for the fact that there's no evidence what-so-ever of any sort of occurance.

~SapphireStar~
02-27-2006, 12:00 PM
As baby Zell could have gotten sucked into a time portal similar to the way Tidus did in Final Fantasy X.(I know he didn't really get sucked into a time portal, but for a while Tidus actually thought that he did and probaby, 50% of the people who played FFX thought that for a while too.)
50%? Can you prove these figures are correct and not some random number youve spewed up??

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-27-2006, 04:05 PM
50%? Can you prove these figures are correct and not some random number youve spewed up??

Not really I don't know anybody where I live who is into the Final Fantasy series.

Marluxiaswife
02-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Be serious the closest hints I ahve seen are 7 and X-2. FF8 and X-2 having nothing even remotely similar

I don't want to be mean but why does people think that 7 (FFVII)
and FF10-2 (FFX-2) are connected?, I don't see how?,:confused:
I think FF10-2 (FFX-2) and FF8 (FFVIII) are connected to me :D

~SapphireStar~
02-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Not really I don't know anybody where I live who is into the Final Fantasy series.
Then why post something as ridic as you did?!

Crossblades
02-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Personally, I feel that all FFs are connected in some way. I feel that the events FF I - VIII all took place on earth like in 500 years or so after each FF event. But FF IX - XII, I feel they all take place in different parts of the Universe, since the events for those games took place on different planets like Gaia, Spira, etc. But that's just me though:p

Masamune·1600
02-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Personally, I feel that all FFs are connected in some way. I feel that the events FF I - VIII all took place on earth like in 500 years or so after each FF event.

Unfortunately, this concept doesn't work. To begin with, FFIV takes place on a planet called Earth, FFV takes place on Planet R, and FFVII takes place on Gaia. Even if one were to assume that the different names were the result of words changing over time, the massive geographical and evolutionary discrepancies would require millions of years to rectify. In and of itself, this makes any connection meaningless, but most don't work anyway because the games have incompatible mythologies. Gaia of FFVII is clearly a planet unto itself, as no other FF world shows evidence of a Lifestream, without which Gaia could literally not exist. To give another example, the ending text of FFV suggests that the Crystals of that game were instrumental in the creation of that world (Planet R, if LotC can be trusted). This function of the Crystals diverges from, say, those of FFIV.

Basically, any ostensible link between the worlds breaks down upon closer examination; this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69592) helps to highlight that. Ultimately, the only possible connections involve different planets within the same universe, or the same planet across alternate universes.

NeoCracker
02-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Actually Massamune, though i agree they aren't connected it could be possible. The Crystals were used to split the planet, and since that would give one world the four dark crystals and the other the four light crystals, which match up for the story Unless i missed something, but meh, its still most likely not true even if it does connect like that.

Death Penalty
02-28-2006, 12:59 AM
I don't want to be mean but why does people think that 7 (FFVII)
and FF10-2 (FFX-2) are connected?, I don't see how?,:confused:
I think FF10-2 (FFX-2) and FF8 (FFVIII) are connected to me :D
The amteria and Shinra and some other stuff. No like I sAID BE SEIOUS.

Marluxiaswife
02-28-2006, 02:40 AM
The amteria and Shinra and some other stuff. No like I sAID BE SEIOUS.

I am, do be like that :eep:

DarkLadyNyara
02-28-2006, 02:45 AM
X and X-2. The rest is just the designers having too much fun with references.

HowlingMonkey
02-28-2006, 09:43 AM
You know, I have this crazy theory that FFX and FFX2 are connected somehow. Wait, don't laugh at me, it's true! The main character is called Yuna, and there was a Yuna in FFX! See, it all makes perfect sense!

Masamune·1600
02-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Actually Massamune, though i agree they aren't connected it could be possible. The Crystals were used to split the planet, and since that would give one world the four dark crystals and the other the four light crystals, which match up for the story Unless i missed something, but meh, its still most likely not true even if it does connect like that.

Not really. There are no Dark Crystals in FFV, and even if there were, one has to realize that there were at least 18 Crystals of significance in FFIV. In addition to the eight Crystals (four Light and four Dark) of Earth, there were eight corresponding Crystals at the Crystal Palace on the Moon, as well as the stupid deus ex machina Crystal used against Zeromus and the "communication crystal" aboard the Lunar Whale.

Captain Maxx Power
02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
as well as the stupid deus ex machina Crystal used against Zeromus

To be fair FF4 is pretty much one great big deus ex machina. Desert Roses, Twin Harp, Lunar Whale etc. etc.