PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy Game

Holy Lancer
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
What is the best Final Fantasy game so far?

Lost Number
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM

Holy Lancer
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
9. My favorite Final Fantasy game is definetly Final Fantasy IX. It's such a great all-around game. Plenty of things to do. A great four discs.

Lost Number
02-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I like them all really. But 7 just a bit more.

Holy Lancer
02-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I think Final Fantasy Tactics is terrible. I hate the way they fight!:quina:

Lost Number
02-19-2006, 09:13 PM
I liked it.

Holy Lancer
02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I liked it.
What did you like about it?

Lost Number
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
The strategy.

Shin Gouken
02-19-2006, 09:30 PM
For me it's not even a question. V all the way

Lychon
02-19-2006, 10:17 PM
8. Dear God, VIII all the way, why is this even a question? L o l

-LYCHON

Dreddz
02-20-2006, 12:05 AM
I enjoy FFVII the most, the only game Im proud to be a fanboy of.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-20-2006, 02:41 AM
7. Dear god, VII al the way, why is this even a question L O L

-Shadow The Red XIII Thing

thedrummer488
02-20-2006, 03:10 AM
got to go with 6,

DJZen
02-20-2006, 03:17 AM
I'll vote for 2 since no one else will.

Ryth
02-20-2006, 03:50 AM
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite FF game.

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 04:00 AM
I'll vote for 2 since no one else will.
I'm playing 2 right now, not too exciting but I guess I'm old school :mog:

Shiny
02-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Final Fantasy 7... although all the others except 10-2 (crap), 11(because it's an online game that can't really count it's in a whole different area), 9 (cute but eh just eh), and 8 (crap) were great or I just haven't played them yet.

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 04:29 AM
Final Fantasy 7... although all the others except 10-2 (crap), 11(because it's an online game that can't really count it's in a whole different area), 9 (cute but eh just eh), and 8 (crap) were great or I just haven't played them yet.
Are you kidding? Final Fantasy 9 was definetly the best of the series! Are you saying that Final Fantasy Tactics is better than Final Fantasy 8 and 9? :mog:

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
02-20-2006, 04:50 AM
FF8- Abunch of retarted teenagers who are so dumb they cant remember they went to the same orphanage.
FF9-....Youre kiddin right AHAHAHAHAHA
FFTactics-The story of a young man who saves Ivalica etc. never gets remembered for it and still somehow comes off as a badass medieval knight.
I think we are finished here.

Neco Arc
02-20-2006, 11:23 AM
At the moment... VI, followed by V...

ljkkjlcm9
02-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Final Fantasy VI

though many of the others are excellent as well

THE JACKEL

Hinky the Pickle
02-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Definitly IX. That game was just brilliant in every single way.

Also, I don't understand why certain people can't just respond to the question without bashing other games in the process. That's just annoying. The question isn't "what Final Fantasy games do you hate?"

Medi
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
IX. Then VI, X, and I. In that order... :)

DJZen
02-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm playing 2 right now, not too exciting but I guess I'm old school :mog:

FFII IS old school o.o;;;

Gilthanes
02-20-2006, 04:05 PM
i'm disappointed in the lack of FFT Votes.

I'm the only one atm :(

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 04:13 PM
i'm disappointed in the lack of FFT Votes.

I'm the only one atm :(
I hate the way they fight in Final Fantasy Tactics.

lady yunalesca
02-20-2006, 04:47 PM
i voted vii, then remembered how much i loved the story, battle system and side quests of x....then i remembered how i loved the story, side quests and characters of viii......and the job system of v.....and the chocographs in ix.......

this thread is too difficult!!!!! :)

a nirvana fan
02-20-2006, 05:33 PM
FFVII!!

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 05:36 PM
I see a lot of people enjoy the old school games rather than the new school.

Lost Number
02-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Some people like the old ones(first gen) some like the new. To each their own. Why do you hate FFT? Just the fighting?

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Some people like the old ones(first gen) some like the new. To each their own. Why do you hate FFT? Just the fighting?
Yeah, I should've bought Final Fantasy Anthology instead.

Crow
02-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Final Fantasy 9.

yuno
02-21-2006, 07:35 AM
ffix.

~SapphireStar~
02-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Final Fantasy VIII cause it was the first FF I played and it also introduced me to the RPG genre.

DMKA
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
I'll vote for X-2 since no one else will.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-21-2006, 02:04 PM
'Tis a grand day when FFIX has as many votes as FFVII.

DMKA
02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Too bad it's not today eh?

Shiny
02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Too bad it's not today eh?
:laugh: Yeah, anytime now they'll be hords of people voting for 9. I doubt it highly.:( I'm suprised that FF10 has only 2 votes as of right now. Go FF7! :thumb:

Llanowar
02-21-2006, 09:26 PM
All of you poor sheep that played FF7 first and put it SOMEHOW ahead of FFVI I feel sorry for you. Aside from its graphics I can't find a SINGLE thing about VII better than VI. Kefka is by FAR a more devious and colorful boss. The overall storyline other than an occasional needless Flashback maintains itself better than VII which had many things that IMHO could have been left out with little or no effect on the game at all. VII in simple terms was not as fulfilling an RPG to get continual play value out of as VI is. The RPG purists here will agree with me and you poor souls who found FF VII as your first ever RPG will be left wanting.

Marche
02-21-2006, 09:48 PM
ffta liked it even more then ffx

Dreddz
02-21-2006, 09:52 PM
All of you poor sheep that played FF7 first and put it SOMEHOW ahead of FFVI I feel sorry for you.
Dont act like you know better than others, FFVII was a damn good game, and Im not surprised its alot of peoples favourites. It wasnt my first FF, yet I still love the game.
I pity you for your ignorance.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-21-2006, 09:54 PM
What did you like about it?
I DISliked how the characters died.

Llanowar
02-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I just love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who seems to claim it as the greatest game ever site the exact same few reasons as the huddled masses be4 them. I am sorry to say but a few good qualities in an RPG and repeating those a million times do not make it a great game. I have played through it and beaten it however I don't like ppl treating it like an RPG mecca simply because it was the first Mass-Advertised "Television, Radio, Internet, Etc." that everyone played and base all judgements of other games OFF of it as the Gold-standard of RPG's. I have heard countless ppl on this site bash other FF's simply because they aren't done like VII was. I have one last thing to say. GO ADLAI STEVENSON!!

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-21-2006, 11:05 PM
FFVII is my favorite.

FFI was a close second and FFVIII wasnt too far behond

Shiny
02-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Dont act like you know better than others, FFVII was a damn good game, and Im not surprised its alot of peoples favourites. It wasnt my first FF, yet I still love the game.
I pity you for your ignorance.
Oh 6 isn't that bad. But yeah, 7 seems to be more popular so...:)

I just love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who seems to claim it as the greatest game ever site the exact same few reasons as the huddled masses be4 them. I am sorry to say but a few good qualities in an RPG and repeating those a million times do not make it a great game. I have played through it and beaten it however I don't like ppl treating it like an RPG mecca simply because it was the first Mass-Advertised "Television, Radio, Internet, Etc." that everyone played and base all judgements of other games OFF of it as the Gold-standard of RPG's. I have heard countless ppl on this site bash other FF's simply because they aren't done like VII was. I have one last thing to say. GO ADLAI STEVENSON!!
Yeah, I didn't read all of that rant. I just couldn't. But this thread never asked for why people liked the game they did. It just ask what was the best. If you want to find the reasons why people think the way they do. Read the thread in FF8 "FF7 vs. FF8".

Dreddz
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
People cant constantly come up with new reasons why FFVII is a great game, I think most hold the same reasons. And I can assure you they arent because it was the first Mass-Advertised FF. I dont see how someone could stand up and say FFVII is the best because It appeared on TV. I think most ( I being one of them ) like FFVII the most because it was flipping more right switches than wrong. The Game was good. Very Good.

Llanowar
02-21-2006, 11:43 PM
What I meant by the mass-advertised was that it was the first RPG put out there on a HUGE scale to the American public and MOST people *me included* have VERY strong ties to the first RPG they ever play. For me it was FFI beaten when I was 9 granted the elder cousins did a little aiding, but I can live with that. It took a GREAT game in FFVI to make me put FFI down to second spot in my FF Hall of Fame. FFVII is in a tie for third with FFII since I have finally played through it and love the different challenges it poses. Always KEY to my rating of a FF.

Shiny
02-21-2006, 11:54 PM
What I meant by the mass-advertised was that it was the first RPG put out there on a HUGE scale to the American public and MOST people *me included* have VERY strong ties to the first RPG they ever play. For me it was FFI beaten when I was 9 granted the elder cousins did a little aiding, but I can live with that. It took a GREAT game in FFVI to make me put FFI down to second spot in my FF Hall of Fame. FFVII is in a tie for third with FFII since I have finally played through it and love the different challenges it poses. Always KEY to my rating of a FF.
The first one I played isn't my favorite as of right now, but I'm waiting for a Final Fantasy that might top it. The reason 7 was so "mass" advertised was because it was the first onto the playstation (which made Final Fantasy more mainstream) and did really well in the U.S. I see where you're coming from with the FF1 and FF6 though.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-21-2006, 11:57 PM
DUDE. WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT AN ALL CHOICE?! I CAN'T DECIDE! THEY ALL ROCK!!! :exdee:

Crossblades
02-22-2006, 03:12 AM
I seriously don't see how VII is the greatest. I have played and beaten it many times and I still get a "meh" feeling about it. To each is own I guess

Anyways, my vote goes to VI even though I really enjoy playing I - V and IX as well

DeathKnight
02-22-2006, 04:01 AM

A-FUCKING-MEN

Holy Lancer
02-22-2006, 04:11 AM
Still no votes for Final Fantasy I and II.

DeathKnight
02-22-2006, 04:16 AM
I seriously don't see how VII is the greatest. I have played and beaten it many times and I still get a "meh" feeling about it. To each is own I guess

Anyways, my vote goes to VI even though I really enjoy playing I - V and IX as well

My thoughts exactly

To me FF VIII and IX had deeper stories, more comical, more FOCUSED, well GUIDED, you felt the story around you.

In FFVII...............it was all about looks and Sephiroth...........and looks again......and the skills and weapons they had. That game was really more about the fighting system and enemies rather than the story. Anyway it's vague and badly GUIDED game. Too many times you feel like there's NOTHING going on

Rikku X-2
02-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Final Fantasy X-2

kissgirls
02-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Final Fantasy X-2 :love:

Final Fantasy VII I never played it, cause i never bothered :eep:

tifayuna
02-22-2006, 06:00 AM
FFX-2 :up:

namineicey
02-22-2006, 06:01 AM
FFX-2 :up:

And FFX :D

Setzer Gabianni
02-22-2006, 11:13 AM
For crying out loud the constant bitching gets on my tits. Yes, I am female, despite the username.

Get over yourselves some of you, this isn't an FFVII bashing thread and for the love of God why on earth has X-2 got 9 votes?!!! /rant * ahhh..felt good*

This is giving me a heart attack. I dare you x-2 fans to go out and PLAY FFVII, VI..even II.

Good God, I fear the Golden Oldies don't get any love!! xD

~Setzer Gabianni

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Spot the hypocrisy in the above post.

Setzer Gabianni
02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
LOOOOL, is it because I said VII? Notice that I didn't limit it to just VII.

Want me to edit my posty lool?

~Setzer Gabianni

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-22-2006, 01:17 PM
No, I mean the "stop bashing FFVII, that's not what this thread is for/WTF? people like FFX-2? How DARE they" part.

Setzer Gabianni
02-22-2006, 01:24 PM
..oops. Guess my x-2 hatred slipped in there. Gomen nasai

~Setzer Gabianni

Marluxiaswife
02-22-2006, 03:20 PM
..oops. Guess my x-2 hatred slipped in there. Gomen nasai

~Setzer Gabianni

Leave Final Fantasy X-2 alone, there is people with tase in that game and not just like Final Fantasy VII,
I love Final Fantasy X-2 even Interantional+ Last Mission
Tell you they truth, I gave up on that game along time ago my sister loves that game so sometimes i watch her play it, cause the ps2 is in my room along with the tv :p

But I know we don't have the same tase in games but please repect a game you don't like cause there are people who like that game, along with Aeris fans alot didn't like her and alot like her, yes i know this is a site were you can say anything still think of other people your going to upstead them like me

:twak:

yuno
02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
x-2 ranks second?uhhhhh...wow...

Holy Lancer
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
How did Final Fantasy X-2 get 8 or 9 votes overnight?

Setzer Gabianni
02-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Leave Final Fantasy X-2 alone, there is people with tase in that game and not just like Final Fantasy VII,
I love Final Fantasy X-2 even Interantional+ Last Mission
Tell you they truth, I gave up on that game along time ago my sister loves that game so sometimes i watch her play it, cause the ps2 is in my room along with the tv :p

But I know we don't have the same tase in games but please repect a game you don't like cause there are people who like that game, along with Aeris fans alot didn't like her and alot like her, yes i know this is a site were you can say anything still think of other people your going to upstead them like me

I said I was sorry ok? I have had a trying few days..:(

~Setzer Gabianni

Lychon
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
7. Dear god, VII al the way, why is this even a question L O L

-Shadow The Red XIII Thing

Hey! Stop copying me! l o l.

-LYCHON

Rocket Edge
02-23-2006, 12:47 AM
VIII by loads!!! followed by x, but i have a soft spot for v and vi also, but yeah 8 all the way!

DeathKnight
02-23-2006, 06:47 AM
VIII by loads!!! followed by x, but i have a soft spot for v and vi also, but yeah 8 all the way!

Great choice!:choc2:

Holy Lancer
02-23-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't get how Final Fantasy X-2 slipped into 2nd place overnight? Didn't it just have 0 votes?

Lost Number
02-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Im voting X-2. Mostly because of all the hate its gettin from CERTAIN PEOPLE>

Marluxiaswife
02-24-2006, 04:17 AM

:kaocheer:

Setzer Gabianni
02-24-2006, 07:54 AM

what, we all going for me? Is this the day you all start to gang up against me? Go on, if it's me you are after, go for it.

I'm always in the wrong, my opinion means nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm stupid, I'm retarded.

FFX-2 > SG

~Setzer Gabianni

In fact, if it is not about me, just have a go at me anyway.

I'm feeling emo today. Really bad.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Lol 'internet'

Setzer Gabianni
02-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Indeed. Excuse my extremely sad behaviour.

~Setzer Gabianni

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I haven't voted yet and I never will...because...THERE ISN"T AN ALL BUTTON!!!

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Setzer Gabianni and Llanowar stop trolling this thread.

And I say Final Fantasy Tactics by an extremely large margin.

The battle style requires a great deal of strategy and tactics (hence the name) and is far better than any other Final Fantasy where everyone just lines up on opposite sides of the battle and smacks each other until one side falls down.

Tactics allows for area of effect spells and charge time, both of which make the combat system that much more in-depth and enjoyable. Unlike most Final Fantasy games, it's not an easy game to play through, you're actually required to think and experiment.

The story is also amazing and well-done. It's compelling, deep, and explores both fantastical and medieval political aspects of a well-developed society quite well.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Setzer Gabianni and Llanowar stop trolling this thread.

And I say Final Fantasy Tactics by an extremely large margin.

The battle style requires a great deal of strategy and tactics (hence the name) and is far better than any other Final Fantasy where everyone just lines up on opposite sides of the battle and smacks each other until one side falls down.

Tactics allows for area of effect spells and charge time, both of which make the combat system that much more in-depth and enjoyable. Unlike most Final Fantasy games, it's not an easy game to play through, you're actually required to think and experiment.

The story is also amazing and well-done. It's compelling, deep, and explores both fantastical and medieval political aspects of a well-developed society quite well.
Wow...I really need to borrow tactics from my friend.

~Aqua Spirit~
02-24-2006, 05:06 PM
is tactics worth buying then do u think guys? i have never really looked into it.

Alexander
02-24-2006, 06:15 PM
FFIX.

All the way.

For the win. <3

Followed by FFVI.

Lost Number
02-24-2006, 06:57 PM
is tactics worth buying then do u think guys? i have never really looked into it.

Yes. Just yes.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-24-2006, 07:10 PM
GET IT!!! :exdee: if the member formerly known as Void says it's good, then IT IS GOOD.

Vivisteiner
02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
FF9 was my fav. FFX is getting a bad time though!

DMKA
02-24-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm not even going to bother arguing with the people spouting outright BS about FFVII in this thread because it's done so often that there's no point in pointing it out any more. It's popular to hate what's popular, but when it comes right down to it, sucess determines a game's worth, and FFVII was the most sucessful. You can say it sucks and it's not the best, but which FF got a movie sequel made to it? Which FF has an online cellphone spinoff, another for PS2, and another for PSP in production? Yeah, there you go. I mean it may not be the best to you, but the closest we can come to making an absolute statement of fact on how "good" or "bad" a piece of work is is by it's sucess, making FFVII win by default.

As far as why I think FFVII is the best...well, I thought it had the best storyline as far as making me know the characters. FFVII just developed it's characters well to the point that I got to know them and absorbed all their background info right after my first playthrough. Also, it had probably the greatest range of side quests in any rpg I've played. The main baddie was awesome (just because Kefka was more evil, sadistic, and actually suceeded in destroying the world doesn't make him better in my eyes), and I have no explination as to why...I just liked him. I liked just about all the characters and their relationships with other characters, and I freaking loved the limit break/materia system. Materia, unlike most of the other games, was a system that actually tied right into the storyline, which just made it so much more awesome.

I can tell you first hand the order you played them in doesn't determine your order of favorites. Yeah I played FFVII first, and VI second, but I even like X more than VI. Even IV more than VI. I just don't think it's THAT good in comparison to the others, but I do think it's a great game, don't get me wrong. I just think it's throwing in as many characters as possible with absolutely no story to over half of them was a big weakness.

I didn't vote VII in this thread, even though I think it's the best.

Lost Number
02-24-2006, 08:18 PM
But think of all the games that have sold well, but are widely acknoledged to be crap? I support VII by the way.

Setzer Gabianni
02-24-2006, 09:23 PM
But think of all the games that have sold well, but are widely acknoledged to be crap? I support VII by the way.

Anything with a FF logo sells well. Doesn't matter if i'ts crap.

~Setzer Gabianni

Lost Number
02-24-2006, 09:25 PM
ie. Crystal Chronicals.

DMKA
02-24-2006, 09:51 PM
There's a big difference between holding a gigantic active drooling fanbase of millions to the point of releasing a movie and new game spinoffs in all forms and profiting big from it nearly a decade later and just selling well.

yuffiesblaze
02-24-2006, 10:21 PM
:choc2: :I like all the FF games Ive played! But 7 is my fav. Though I like 8, 9, x, x-2, etc.:choc2: :mog: :choc2:

scooby
02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 = 10 votes?! Are you people having a laugh?!

auhin
02-25-2006, 12:41 AM
IX all the stinkin' way! Quina is the Queen of RPGS!!!

Shin Gouken
02-25-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm disapointed at V only having my vote *dry*

SoulTaker*
02-25-2006, 02:02 AM
i just wanna know who keeps voting for X-2? LOL, Anyway I gave VIII my vote, Squall kicks ass, but leaves the names.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-25-2006, 02:32 AM
There are a lot of people who really liked Final Fantasy X-2. I personally didn't like it (although the battle system was quite good, I just couldn't stand the characters and the plot), but many people do.

And yes. Get Tactics.

wildthing2022000
02-25-2006, 02:39 AM
I liked VII the best while VI comes in a very close second.

DeathKnight
02-25-2006, 03:12 AM
Damn I should've voted for FFX-2...but voted for FFX...........

blah! they should've had FFX-2/FFX TOGETHER:irked:

So as it stands right now for ME FFX-2/FFX=14 votes.

Love both games to DEATH!:choc2:

DMKA
02-25-2006, 06:07 AM
I really enjoyed X-2, but I wouldn't even being to [seriously] consider it the best one.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-25-2006, 06:17 AM
FFX-2 is probably a better 'game' than all of the other FFs, it's just not much of a 'story'. Terrible things happen though when you focus on the story and completely forget about gameplay...

*coughXenogearscough*

Laimbrane
02-25-2006, 06:55 AM
You finally got your vote for I.

My reasons:

a) FFI started it all. If it weren't for the success of I, all of the other FF games wouldn't exist.

b) It was years ahead of its time when it was made. Compare it to Dragon Warrior - the other major RPG on the NES, a relatively short hack-and-slash game that had little in the way of balance or gameplay - and you get the idea of how good FFI actually was.

c) It was the best game of its time and the best game to ever come out for the 8-bit NES (yes, even better than Mario 3).

d) It was a game. Some of the modern FF's feel more like interactive movies, where you watch a ten minute cutscene, move your party around for a couple minutes, fight a battle, watch another ten minute cutscene... repeat ad nauseum. You were playing a game in FFI, not the other way around.

e) FFI's combat system has been copied by countless other games and has only really been tweaked since then. They knew what they were doing back then and they did it well. It had inventory management, party-based-combat, and story and character development (well, at least for the NPCs) back before those were all standard in RPGs.

Many of the other FF iterations were good, but they had to build of the first. Final Fantasy I, for what it did and when it did it, is the best of the series, and it will forever be difficult to top.

cloud_doll
02-26-2006, 12:09 AM

hey, we're all free for opinions, but don't try to judge other people thats just wrong. seriously man, you need to get a life!

cloud_doll
02-26-2006, 12:12 AM
My favorite FF is of course 7 reasons WHY (this is for you Llanowar)

1.Great characters

2.Great story

3.Great Music

4.Great strategy (like materia)

5.Tearjerker

6.just plain great!

TheSpoonyBard
02-26-2006, 12:22 AM
don't try to judge other people thats just wrong. seriously man, you need to get a life!
Do you not think this is a bit hypocritical?

My favourite is FFVIII as I found it very easy to connect with the characters.

cloud_doll
02-26-2006, 12:57 AM
no not really. That guy was saying that people who like FFVII trash every other game when he's there trashing FFVII

MikeL Valentine
02-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I voted Final Fantasy IX:D

Holy Lancer
02-27-2006, 03:11 AM
My second favorite is Final Fantasy 10!

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-27-2006, 03:16 AM
X. CTB Battle System is my favorite.

Lychon
03-02-2006, 07:39 PM
no not really. That guy was saying that people who like FFVII trash every other game when he's there trashing FFVII

Very true. FFVII people always talk crap about how 7 is the best and 8 sucks. This is obviously because they cannot come to terms with the fact that VIII went well above and beyond 7 is every possible way. Sorry, but 8 is the best. l o l

-LYCHON

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-02-2006, 08:29 PM
There is no excuse for anybody to be insulting anybody in this thread. I don't want to see any more of it.

Carmilla
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I voted for 4 as that one is too memorable in my mind...

Im surprised at how many votes X-2 got. Its usually one of the lesser acclaimed FF titles. :mog:

Also, besides FF 2 and 5, which i thought were just average, i think every FF could easily be #1.

Holy Lancer
03-02-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm disapointed at V only having my vote *dry*
It had no main character, you had to come upwith his name. I bought Final Fantasy Anthology and played both discs. Final Fantasy VI is way better than Final Fantasy V!

Little Blue
03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
X I feel is by far the best game, followed shortly by IX. I haven't really connected with any of the others that I've played, other than X-2 because of it being related to X, but that is not very high in my favourite FF's either.

DarkLadyNyara
03-03-2006, 12:14 AM
II, though IX is a close second.

Roto13
03-03-2006, 01:02 AM
VI is my favourite game in the world. Not the series, the world. That is why I voted for it. Can't wait for VI advance! *joygasm*

feioncastor
03-03-2006, 03:15 AM
Well, I'm quite torn. I'm unable to find any clear cut answer, but I went with Tactics because it has taken more of my time than any other FF games, so it can't be all bad.

I'm not feeling well at the moment, so I can't really explain too well why I chose what I chose and all that, but I'll post here again when I'm feeling better.

Yuffie514
03-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Final Fantasy VIII actually gives the number 8 a new reputation...what a great number...

Shiny
03-04-2006, 02:20 AM
Very true. FFVII people always talk crap about how 7 is the best and 8 sucks. This is obviously because they cannot come to terms with the fact that VIII went well above and beyond 7 is every possible way. Sorry, but 8 is the best. l o l

-LYCHON
Oh please like you don't do the same thing, Lychon. It's just the other way around.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-04-2006, 02:39 AM
FFX-2 has 15 votes? Hmm, I guess the newer games must have more of a following now days.

Holy Lancer
03-04-2006, 03:29 AM
FFX-2 has 15 votes? Hmm, I guess the newer games must have more of a following now days.
Then why does Final Fantasy XI have 0 votes and Final Fantasy X have only 5 (less than Tactics)?

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-04-2006, 03:39 AM
Because they all voted for FFX-2?

Vivisteiner
03-04-2006, 08:25 AM
I loved FFX but I havnt played FFX-2. I liked the FFX ending and I dont really want to change it.... FFX-2 hasnt particularly interested me so far.
(But FF9=fav)

Lychon
03-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh please like you don't do the same thing, Lychon. It's just the other way around.

Guilty as charged :D . But I still like VIII the best, l o l.

-LYCHON

auronova
03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I think final fantasy VII is the best coz its story line isn't as stupid as X-2 and has the coolest characters:choc:

Marluxiaswife
03-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I think final fantasy VII is the best coz its story line isn't as stupid as X-2 and has the coolest characters:choc:

Rikku X-2
03-07-2006, 04:00 PM

well you could be nicer and say that you were not into the game cuz for your info there are ffx-2 fans and i'm one of them and so is flower moon. i know this site can say whatever they want but still thats get ffx-2 fans pissed when you say that :mad2:
And I like the characters more than in FFVII, Yeah true, i'm into FFX-2 Characters

NeoCracker
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
well you could be nicer and say that you were not into the game cuz for your info there are ffx-2 fans and i'm one of them and so is flower moon. i know this site can say whatever they want but still thats get ffx-2 fans pissed when you say that :mad2:
And I like the characters more than in FFVII, Yeah true, i'm into FFX-2 Characters

YEs, but people praising stupid games can get anoying too. Imagine having some one running around saying, "OMFg Tetris is the Shiznet! Those blocks start moving so fast its like OMG I can't see. And the colors are sweet! Its friggin action packed and intenso you!"

An exageration, yes. But entertaining to read. And yes, i think tetris is stupid.

Back on topic I think nine, though its tied for six. I will vote nine for it doesn't get enough love IMO.

Elpizo
03-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I played all Final Fantasy from I to X.(I didn't finish them all, of course. I only finished I, II, IV and almost VI.)

I voted for Final Fantasy VI. Why? It is simply the best. Oh right, now people are going to ask, why? Again.
Well, teh answer is simply. It had the deepest storyline of them all, the BEST villain EVER (Kefka just rules.) Nice music (gotta love the Opera House Ultros fight.) Humor (Kefka or Ultros funny lines, anybody?). A nice refeshment of the battles. (Learning magic by equiping summons, pretty cool, if you ask me.)

Another reason is that it has no main character. That's pretty cool as well.
One moment Terra would lead, then again Celes, or Locke, or anybody.
All characters each had also their own background story. (Most of them quite touching. Like, say, Shadow?)
All characters could learn all magic or equip a very good Esper. In other FF, they are limitted because of their class. Say goodbye to it in VI!

So, all by all, Final Fantasy VI is the best.
Although Final Fantasy I comes pretty close, to. Nothing can beat the classic that started it all (except vor VI :p ).
Final Fantasy IV comes third. (It has the best Final Boss thme in my opinion.)

You heard it right folks! FF VII is nowhere on my top list! Why's that? Simply, the game is not good. And I don't want to start argumenting. This is my opinion. I won't say a game is good because it has "Sephirot!" in it. Or a guy with a big sword. So, no, I don't think FF VII deserves the title of the best ever. Although the votes say otherwise. :(
I really would like to know what's so good about VII, aside from Sephiroth!!!. A reason all VII-fans agree on.
Yeah, that would be nice. :)

Morridor
03-07-2006, 08:11 PM
/blatent lies/ My favorite BY FAR was Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest!!!! The tools you would have to use to get through each dungeon (which you got in that specific dungeon) just added a complete new level to Final Fantasy that I've never experienced with the other FF games! /end blatent lies/

Anyway, I picked Final Fantasy VI. I was having problems deciding between VI and IX. I've noticed that a lot of people are sectioned off in the games. People who like FFVII love FFX. Those who love Final Fantasy I-VI love FFIX. It's interesting.

Danny

Heero Yuy NWZC
03-07-2006, 09:11 PM
I can't belive IX and X-2 are beating VI. I thought VII and VI were the most popular ones.

Awesomeman
03-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I voted IX, but you should have let us vote for two or three. IX was the best in every way. It had the best story, characters, and battle system. I would have picked tactics, but hey, IX all the way! I don't see why everyone likes VII so much. It was so kiddy and immature. Cloud kept saying corny lines and was whining all the time. How do people think Cloud is the coolest? AC made him cool, but he was a dweeb in VII.

Morridor
03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't know why people like Tidus from Final Fantasy X. He whines over 90% of the game and everyone seems to love him. . .

Danny

Awesomeman
03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Dude, only girld like him. I don't, thats for sure. But Cloud was as whinny as Tidus. I just don't see why people like games where the main hero is a whinny dork.

silentenigma
03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
I think that I like Final Fantasy VII a little bit better, but I'm voting for FFVI 'cause I can't bear the sight of it having so few votes.

But why VII for me? because....because...storyline...umm...I forget.
I think VI has grown on me enough that I like it just as much.

Shiny
03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Dude, only girld like him. I don't, thats for sure. But Cloud was as whinny as Tidus. I just don't see why people like games where the main hero is a whinny dork.
Because most of the gamers are (maybe not whiny) but dorky?:confused:

auronova
03-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Its not tht i dnt like X-2 coz its good in some ways i just though the story was a little stupid in my opinion. but i still think 7 and then 6 are my favourites:choc2:

Marluxiaswife
03-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Its not tht i dnt like X-2 coz its good in some ways i just though the story was a little stupid in my opinion. but i still think 7 and then 6 are my favourites:choc2:

well i'm sorry if i got all on you, i can't make you do this and say that,
I'm too big of a FFX-2 fan to dis it :love:
And Final Fantasy VII, looks like lots of people like its so....

auronova
03-08-2006, 03:46 PM
lol it didn't mean to come out like that in my first post i was just in a hurry so i didn't put it all down

DeathKnight
03-11-2006, 08:07 PM

well i'm sorry if i got all on you, i can't make you do this and say that,
I'm too big of a FFX-2 fan to dis it :love:
And Final Fantasy VII, looks like lots of people like its so....

FFVII's crap, those fanboys will never give up the first time they saw a 3D FF.

There's nothing really special 'bout FFVII
-Crappy (huh?) kind of ending, nothing's going on, nothing really happens between Cloud and Tifa, nothing happens with Barret, Cait Sith ain't even in it, boring and dull.

-Yuffie is never portrayed very well, she steals things, but doesn't do anything important after the stealing scenes.

-TOO many vague character

-FFVII is ONLY 'bout Cloud and Sephiroth:laugh:

*~Angel Wing~*
03-11-2006, 09:06 PM
I feel Final Fantasy VIII is THE BEST by far!!! I'm really not in the mood to type out a whole long speech cuz I pretty much stated all my reasons why I adore it in previous threads. But it basically comes down to this:

~ I felt SOOO much emotion during the game, I can't even describe it. :kaolove2: I could play that game a million times and never get tired of it, and feel the same emotion and passion everytime. :kaolove:

~ I REALLY liked the story and characters!!! :kaohappy2

~ It was the 1st Final Fantasy I ever played, so it has a special place in my heart. :heart: :kaolove2:

:kaolove: :kaocheer: :kaohappy2 :kaolove2: :heart: FINAL FANTASY VIII :heart: :kaolove2: :kaohappy2 :kaocheer: :kaolove:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-12-2006, 02:37 AM
You heard it right folks! FF VII is nowhere on my top list! Why's that? Simply, the game is not good. And I don't want to start argumenting.
If you really meant that you wouldn't have brought it up ;)

Final Fantasy 8
03-12-2006, 12:11 PM
What Are You Guys Talking About The Best Final Fantasy Is 8 Because It Is Just Like A Aeal World Not Like 9 Its Sucks The Best Of The Best Is Final Fantasy 8 And If Someone Said Its 7 He Is So Stupid Ya 7 Is Good But 8 Is THE BEST It Has GF...Draw That No Other Game Of Final Fantasy Had It I Just Want From You To Think FF1-7 No GF Or Draw FF8 Had A GF and Draw FF9-11 No GF Or Draw Why???????????:confused:
And Don't Forget About How We Take The GF We Must Fight The Monster Not Go To temple Or Buy It OR Blah Blah Blah Ya Fight It Its The Best.................................................................................
I Think If Square Enix Done Final Fantsy 8 In PS2 I Will Buy It 200% Yup
And You Will Not Bleive If I Said "I Play FF8 3 Times and Funish It" And FF7 I Didn't Complete It I Wish If The Company Do FF8 In PS2 With More Quality And More Things:) :) :)

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-12-2006, 12:18 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~k_laster/orly.jpeg

Final Fantasy 8
03-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Ya REALY And Dont Forget The Ending Of It The Ending And The Credit Just Like A Realy Movie Or Someting

NeoCracker
03-12-2006, 12:57 PM
What Are You Guys Talking About The Best Final Fantasy Is 8 Because It Is Just Like A Aeal World Not Like 9 Its Sucks The Best Of The Best Is Final Fantasy 8 And If Someone Said Its 7 He Is So Stupid Ya 7 Is Good But 8 Is THE BEST It Has GF...Draw That No Other Game Of Final Fantasy Had It I Just Want From You To Think FF1-7 No GF Or Draw FF8 Had A GF and Draw FF9-11 No GF Or Draw Why???????????:confused:
And Don't Forget About How We Take The GF We Must Fight The Monster Not Go To temple Or Buy It OR Blah Blah Blah Ya Fight It Its The Best.................................................................................
And You Will Not Bleive If I Said "I Play FF8 3 Times and Funish It" And FF7 I Didn't Complete It I Wish If The Company Do FF8 In PS2 With More Quality And More Things:) :) :)
Other FF's didn't have the Draw system cause it sucked.

Twilight Edge
03-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Other FF's didn't have the Draw system cause it sucked.

AGREED.I finished it once and never played it again because I couldn't stand it.

*~Angel Wing~*
03-12-2006, 07:39 PM

:kaohappy2 YOU ROCK!!! :kaohappy2

VorpalCyberWolf
03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I have three equal favorites out of all the ones I've beaten/Played. (Which is IV-XI including CC and T) I have I/II/III just havent had time to beat them yet.

My 3 Equals are VI, VII and T. I put my vote in VI to at least get it up there with VIII.

Why the bloody Hell does FFX-2 have so many votes *Dies*

Lychon
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM

:kaohappy2 YOU ROCK!!! :kaohappy2

DEFINITELY!! 8 IS DA BEST!!! I DON'T SLEEP MOTHERF*****!!!!!

-LYCHON

Leeza
03-12-2006, 08:51 PM
There is no excuse for anybody to be insulting anybody in this thread. I don't want to see any more of it.
So, I will now close this.