PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Weapon

BahamutGurl
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Has anyone ever beaten the Ultima weapon in that deep sea research center where you acquire Bahamut? I've tried fighting him and he's really hard:( How do you beat him?

Ryushikaze
02-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Draw Eden, then hit him with a Renzokuken or two.

Addendum: Actually, you shouldn't do that unless you've got a lot of good junctions. What's your current setup, characters, GFs, and junction abilities?

nik0tine
02-20-2006, 12:24 AM
He's freaking easy. One lionheart will do him in. If you're at moderately high levels you might want to consider juntioning 100 quakes to your elem-def so that you absorb his quake attack. If you have recover and revive it's almost impossible to lose.

I suggest having a high magic level so that you can draw 100 ultimas from him for all three of your characters. Be sure to draw Eden as well.

Hambone
02-20-2006, 12:49 AM
I've beaten him. Draw Eden, use mighty guard, heal often, use the meltdown/aura trick, then unload on him with limit breaks.

u2girl1966
02-20-2006, 02:56 AM
I beat him thanks to LionHeart in less than a minute. On the down side, I didn't have a chance to draw Eden, it was over that fast. (I did save the game in a separate slot so I can go back and try again!)

BahamutGurl
02-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Ok, I will try that. The first time I played the game, I didn't have lionheart. But I'm playing it again now. Or my junction things might have not been good

u2girl1966
02-20-2006, 05:38 AM
There's a couple of online guides you can get from ffonline.com that give pretty good advice on what to junction for the battle. I followed one of them and the monsters on the way down didn't give me too much trouble.

What happened next is that Ultima KO'd Quistis instantly. I had Zell put a Meltdown spell on the bugger and Squall cast life on Quis. Then Ultima cast that gravity spell on the party, causing Squall to go into Limit Break mode, he gets the whole Lion Heart thing and bamb, Ultima defeated.

I thought 'HOLY COW!' I beat it so FAST!

and then.....'HOLY S--t, I didn't draw Eden!'

BahamutGurl
02-20-2006, 05:50 AM
lol,u2girl! :lol: Thanks:)

Zeromus_X
02-20-2006, 06:02 AM
If you think he's hard , wait till Omega Weapon...but then, he wasn't so hard either. meh. :cat:

BahamutGurl
02-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I'll give my characters a higher level and kick ass junctions. That'll do it:)

Zeromus_X
02-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Don't forget meltdown/ aura. You probably knew about that, but, just sos ya know :choc2:

BahamutGurl
02-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I knew about the meltdown/aura thing. Thanks again

Ultima Shadow
02-20-2006, 11:09 AM
He's freaking easy. One lionheart will do him in.No, NOT Lion Heart! NOT LION HEART! Bad Nik! :mad2:

........oh yeah... and SERIOUSLY... Ultima IS harder than Omega. :greenie:

GreenTea
02-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Hmm, beat him on my first try... But it was more of luck cos' my characters actually got KO'ed. Then just when I was about to reset the whole thing (in grief), the phoenix thing appeared... then I finished the whole thing using triple meltdown on Ultima (my Doomtrain got KO'ed before it even warmed up)and spamming Renzokuken. Uh, yeah, morale of the story --- meltdown, aura and Renzokuken are your friends.

Hambone
02-21-2006, 12:25 AM
If you think he's hard , wait till Omega Weapon...but then, he wasn't so hard either. meh. :cat:
Omega Weapon... What a pushover! I beat him on the second try and I had never fought him before. Omega Weapon is easy.