PDA

View Full Version : Favotire Main Character

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Who is your favorite main character?

I like Kain and Zidane.

Slade
02-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Squall for this one. It was a tough one between Squall, Zidane and Terra. I loved all three of them.

thedrummer488
02-20-2006, 05:12 AM
id have to go with squall

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-20-2006, 05:34 AM
Bartz and Cloud

Zeromus_X
02-20-2006, 05:37 AM
Tina. (Terra for the people who don't like "Tina")

Neco Arc
02-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Technically there is no main character for FFVI so I have to say both Celes and Tina/Terra... possibly Kefka as well...

Slade
02-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Technically there is no main character for FFVI so I have to say both Celes and Tina/Terra... possibly Kefka as well...

Final Fantasy VI may not have a proper main character, but it has a 'flagship' character, and that is Terra. So she does actually have the right to be called the main character of FFVI.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-21-2006, 11:08 AM
A protagonist is supposed to give a story direction. If Terra is really the main character in FFVI she really sucks at it.

Cecil FTW

~SapphireStar~
02-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Squall all the way, I was a teen when I first played FFVIII and I had the same attitude as him.

ljkkjlcm9
02-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I pretty much always vote for VI when it comes to these things, except there wasn't really a main character for VI, like someone said, so that can't be the best main character, cause like someone said, she sucked at it if she was the main character.... she doesn't need to be in your party to beat the game, and I can only think of one game where it's obvious who the main character is, and he doesn't need to be in your party to beat the game... but that's different, cause in Chrono Trigger, the trigger part of the title refers to the thing that revives Crono, so a big part of the game is going and reviving him, granted you don't HAVE to.

Anyways, I'll vote for Squall, cause I liked seeing his thoughts, they don't really show thoughts in many other FF games, just what's actually spoken.

THE JACKEL

DMKA
02-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Tidus because I'm an anti-conformist.

But realistically Cloud for the sole fact that I just got into him the most, and he's the only main character (besides Tidus) that I felt, in the end, was closest to a real person I knew personally.

Cecil was by far the coolest though, until he went Paladin and became a girlyman.

yuno
02-21-2006, 03:07 PM
zidane.

Marluxiaswife
02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Yuna (X-2)

Llanowar
02-21-2006, 05:27 PM
I have to admit that although FFVI does not use Terra as a PURE Main character that other FF's also make multiple characters drag the storyline forward. Like IX with all of their skipping from character to character in the ATE's and their use of Vivi in certain areas actually makes him out to be as big a character as Zidane UNLESS you have beaten the game and understand beforehand what is going on. I just simply go back to the Idea of which Game's Characters kept me interested the most. Even though the gunblade was simply AWESOME beyond compare I must say that I got the most out of VI's characters and so the one being dubbed as the "main" character got my vote.

Holy Lancer
02-21-2006, 05:29 PM
I forgot to add Firion from Final Fantasy II

Such Great Heights
02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Squall. Cloud has the nostalgia factor, but something about his character just kept me from getting too involved. I didn't really care about his fate. Squall, I identified with, cared about, and saw as a human being.

Dreddz
02-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Bartz or Zidane, I like the Comical main characters. Bartz probably gets it, but I only say that because I prefer FFV over FFIX.

MikeL Valentine
02-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Cloud:cool:
But I also like Squall and Zidane:p

Lexy
02-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Definitely Squall- the guy is just such a dynamic, life-like character.

Also, I think Tina can surely be called the main character of FF VI. She alone is on the game's Japanese box and cartridge (right?), and there would be no story without her. She's the first character you get, she provides the link between the humans and espers, and the emotional crux of the end of the game is all Tina-centered. Think of how lame the story would be without Tina. Some of the other characters are pretty important too, but not so utterly essential to the story.

Crossblades
02-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Cecil followed by Terra and Zidane

Vivisteiner
02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Zidane.
I liked Squall at first, but then he got all soppy over Rinoa...

Yuffie514
02-28-2006, 06:14 AM
well, i can see why Kingdom Hearts' Yuffie Kisaragi liked him...

Ryth
03-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Cloud, I found his past interesting and really felt he was a real person and all. Squall is a close second, while I never really cared for FFVIII I always liked the character.

Shiny
03-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Wait a minute...I was the first to vote and I didn't put anything. Crap...well I voted for Terra.

Elpizo
03-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Ow, though choice...

But, eventually, I choose Terra, dunno why, she just is an amazing character. Zidane or Cecil can argue about the second place.

Off-Topic: Why didn't you put Firion (FF II) on the list?

DarkLadyNyara
03-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I forgot to add Firion from Final Fantasy II
You suck. But I'm still going with Zidane.

Jsb01
03-12-2006, 12:32 AM
I can't belive Squall is winning!! I voted for him... :)

Awesomeman
03-12-2006, 01:35 AM
I picked Cecil, though only his Darknight self, then Zidane. You forgot Vaan though...

raskerino
03-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Squall by far. And I consider Celes as the main character of FFVI, not for any reason other than being my favorite.

Twilight Edge
03-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Squall.He's OK But I like his sword better.He's followed by Zidane and Cloud.

*~Angel Wing~*
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Squall. Cloud has the nostalgia factor, but something about his character just kept me from getting too involved. I didn't really care about his fate. Squall, I identified with, cared about, and saw as a human being.

:kaohappy2 I TOTALLY AGREE!!! :kaohappy2
I feel the same way. I have always loved Squall!!! :kaolove: I first saw him in Kingdom Hearts, and was SOOO excited when I found out he was in his own game!!! That is when I experienced somthing called FINAL FANTASY VIII. :kaolove2: Ah, my first and favorite Final Fantasy...anyway, I like Squall because of the reasons Such Great Heights stated, and also because he developed throughout the game. I felt Cloud started out strong in the beginning, but then became wimpy as the game progressed. Without Tifa, Cloud would be nothing!!! :nonono: He didn't really have much of a personality either, but he wasn't that bad though. Cloud might be my 2nd choice, or Tidus because I really like him too and like Squall, Tidus developed. BUT Squall has always had a special place in my heart from the beginning, and he is what really started me on Final Fantasy. And even, HE'S REALLY HOT!!! :D

:kaocheer: SQUALL!!! :kaocheer:

Setzer Gabianni
03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Zidane. He isn't overrated like some of the others.

His character is likeable.

~Setzer Gabianni

Avathar
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
1.Zidane Tribal
2.Terra Branford
3.Squall Leonhart
4.Cloud Strife
5.Cecil Harvey
6.Bartz Clauser
7.Yuna
8.Tidus

^_^

Slothy
04-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm honestly shocked that Squall is doing so well. He was the weakest main character in the series from FFIV on if you ask me.

Terra gets my vote with honourable mention to Tidus and Zidane. I found all of these characters more likeable than the others, and better developed. In fact, although Tidus isn't getting the nod from me, I've got to give him credit for being one of the most believably developed characters in the series. Nothing about the changes you see in him over the course of the game felt forced or unnatural to me.

Yumyums
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
It would have to be cloud for me. FFVII was the first Final fantasy game that I played and cloud has always been my favorite main character. Squall comes in 2nd, followed by Tidus.

Evastio
04-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Cecil is my favorite FF Main Caracter because he's everything a main character should be: responsible, understanding, selfless, courageous, and he also stands up for what's right.

Sirlancealot_the_II
04-20-2006, 01:55 AM
There should be no aguement Cloud is by far in the top three he is my personall favourite and he pwns all... yea ya

Ashley Schovitz
04-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Zidane and Aquall are my men, but I voted Zidane.

Ballistix Man
04-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Well the supporting cast tends to get my vote when it comes to FF but Ima say Cloud.

zbonks
04-22-2006, 06:05 AM
It is a tie between Squall and Cloud for me, so i did eenie meenie minie moe, and Cloud won.....sorry squall

P.S. I like ur sig ballistix man:) :D

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Tina, for sure. :cat: Zidane, Tidus, Cloud, and...well, I usually like most of the main characters, but Tina is my favorite. :cat:

tenhitcombo
04-22-2006, 06:43 AM
it has to be seifer

Fantasy Fan
05-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Bartz was good. Just needed a better name IMO

Rocket Edge
05-09-2006, 02:12 AM
squall ;)

LunarWeaver
05-09-2006, 03:25 AM
*Goes soprano* TIIIIIIIDUUUUSSSSSS

Cruise Control
05-09-2006, 04:03 AM
FGTHR IS A MAIN CHARACTER T_T

Tidus actually had depth.

feioncastor
05-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Okay, Squall was an awful character, and FF8 was an awful game. Seriously, in my opinion, Final Fantasy 8 was a disgrace to the FF name. I get so frustrated when people talk about how moving and touching the game was because it was just plain awful.

7 wasn't the best, by any stretch, and Cloud was kinda lame in his "OMG I HAVE 2 B A BADASS ALL DA TIME" attitude. But Squall had that attitude to an even greater degree.

I won't get into this debate here, but I, along with many others, wouldn't call Terra the main character of FF6. I'd say the title of main character lies somewhere between Terra, Locke, Celes... and maybe the Figaro twins.

But, based on main characters alone, I'd go with Cecil. FF4 seems like a star wars story to me! I mean, Cecil is somewhat oblivious to the threat presented by the Empire (of Baron) and gets involved to defeat Darth Golbez, and then Cecil Skywalker learns that he is closely related to Darth Golbez, so his desire to kill him is shaken and Cecil learns who the real manipulator behind Darth Golbez is... It's Emperor Zemusatine. So, in a last desperate attempt, Cecil Skywalker and Darth Golbez unite against Zemusatine and finally defeat him, even though (I think) Darth Golbez dies in the process.

OMG STAR WARS.

But honestly, Cecil was a well developed character who has a powerful sense of justice. Most of the other main characters are just filled with confusion and fear and have to overcome it. Cecil overcomes it within the first 30 minutes of the game and has resolved to never succumb to evil again. He sets out to renounce his evil side and then goes off to stop the bad guys. No questions, no wondering if it's the right thing to do, no second guessing himself. Golbez, and the institution/a-hole supporting him are the badguys, and Cecil sets out to pull this weed all the way down through the roots.

Fantasy Fan
05-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Squall is a bit like Vincent and Amarant.

and VIII is just OTT final fantasy, or OTT final fantasy 7.

Remon
05-20-2006, 08:58 PM
:kaocheer: Yuna :kaocheer:

Rikku X-2
05-21-2006, 10:07 PM
:kaocheer: Yuna :kaocheer:

BustaMo
05-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Well I had it down to between Tidus and Zidane and just picked Tidus though because of putting so much research about him and the rest of FFX that I feel like I know what Square meant for him and his history in the game. Sure he's got his annoyances like his voice, and his whine and laugh, but for a FF main character, I'd say he held up his end of being a hero in the end very well. He went through some tough junk on his journey, and the whole pilgrimage/adventure, matured him in many ways.

Dell
05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
I vote Cloud. He always be my favourite main character.

Chris
05-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Zidane is my favourite main character. He's not as EMO as either Cloud or Squall. He's genuine and cares about others; no "I can't remember my past, so I must hate the entire world" crap.