PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some assistance with the grid

DarkStorm
02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
I have started playing Final Fantasy X with advanced sphere grid yesterday. I was informed (by my roommate) that this is "a bad idea" of to reasons:

1.I have never played Final Fantasy X before
2.I have never played ANY Final Fantasy game before

Despite (or perhaps because of) his claims that this is to much of me and I should restart the game and play it simple, I have decided to complete it with the advanced grid. But I am finding it hard to grasp the sphere, to get an image of where everything is placed. Therefore I tried to search the net for any map of the advanced grid. I am looking for something like this (http://finalfantasyxsite.tripod.com/finalfantasyxalivingdream/id6.html) but with the advanced version. Anyone know of anything?

Tavrobel
02-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Are you playing the North American version (says NTSC on the disc), or the International (says PAL)?

If it's the NA version, then the map you found is what the grid looks like. If it's the International version, then considering you don't even know how to use the Sphere grid, it would probably not matter which grid you used, but for the sake of being a FF newb, its best to start at the non-advanced. I've never seen an advanced sphere grid map anywhere on the internet. I've also never played International before, but something tells me the Advanced Grid is randomly generated each game.

DarkStorm
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
The international.

Random, eh? That would explain the lack such maps

TheSpoonyBard
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
It isn't randomly generated.

Click here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/197344.html) then scroll down to the Expert Sphere Grid under the Maps and Charts section.

Little Blue
02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
There's a map in the strategy guide for both, so it's not randomly generated.

I also once found a map of the expert grid on Gamefaqs, but it listed only abilities.

I also advise the standard grid first. Though the expert grid allows greater variety in the abilities early on (Yuna pwns as a black mage on the Mi'ihen highroad), if you're not familiar with the system, go with the standard.

EDIT: Forest Ranger beat me to it.

Carl the Llama
02-21-2006, 05:37 AM
I find that the Expert Grid to be far better then the standard and I would recommend going with the expert one every time despite the fact that it is easyer to get to certain spells and skills but this way you dont have to wait forever and a day to get Auron and Tidus onto the decent power section, what I would recommend you do is have Auron and Tidus follow the grid via the quickest possible route to Hastega and trust it iis a massive help when you get to the "red carpet" infact the flying rug didnt even get a hit on me as I killed it before he got any chance to hit me oh and btw its also advisable to have everyone learn Use as the Al Bhed potions are a massive and the skill shouldnt be rikku's alone

DarkStorm
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Well, in order to defend my pride I am sticking to the advanced grid. Hehe... I actually was at game faq's but i missed the map. It is useful but I was looking for something more complete. perhaps I'll have to map it myself...

Carl the Llama
02-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Iv been told there is a map in the official guide

Rhi
02-22-2006, 07:48 PM
there is. the expert grid is more spread out, and i think there's less nodes. but i'm not sure, i haven't counted them. i've never been that bored (yet, it could happen)

TheSpoonyBard
02-22-2006, 08:15 PM
The Standard Grid has 828 nodes. The Expert Grid has 773, or thereabout.

tidus_rox
02-25-2006, 03:46 AM
umm.. whats an advanced grid... mine dosnt give me the option to choose...

TheSpoonyBard
02-25-2006, 05:55 PM
You'll only have the option of the Expert SG if you're playing the PAL or Int. versions.