PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Final Fantasy Game?

Holy Lancer
02-20-2006, 06:08 PM
What was the hardest Final Fantasy game?
I think it's Final Fantasy II.

Tempest
02-20-2006, 06:46 PM
If anyone votes for Mytic Quest then they shouldn't be playing RPG's.

I don't think any are hard but, I remember having trouble with FF I when I was young, so it gets my vote.

a nirvana fan
02-20-2006, 06:48 PM
FFI for me, god at times I found it incredibly hard but FINALLY got through to completing it:D and by the way I think FFVIII is the easiest.

ljkkjlcm9
02-20-2006, 07:23 PM
If anyone votes for Mytic Quest then they shouldn't be playing RPG's.

I don't think any are hard but, I remember having trouble with FF I when I was young, so it gets my vote.

I put mystic quest, just for that

None are really hard, it's just a matter of how much time you're willing to put in really

THE JACKEL

Tempest
02-20-2006, 07:26 PM
I put mystic quest, just for that

None are really hard, it's just a matter of how much time you're willing to put in really

THE JACKAL
Ha, I knew someone would.

Shin Gouken
02-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I couldn't say because i havn't played all the titles. But i would think I, II, or IV. (someone said III was easy) They get easier perhaps :confused:

Rocket Edge
02-20-2006, 08:55 PM
I couldn't say because i havn't played all the titles. But i would think I, II, or IV. (someone said III was easy) They get easier perhaps :confused:
probably true
i voted 5, i just always found that game harder than the rest f em...

ljkkjlcm9
02-20-2006, 11:59 PM

III is actually quite hard, requires a lot of leveling.

THE JACKEL

Slade
02-21-2006, 05:09 AM
I found FFV quite hard.

DJZen
02-21-2006, 06:38 AM
I voted Mystic Quest because irony is hilarious.

yuno
02-21-2006, 07:45 AM
ffii for me.

Excalibur11
02-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I think I found FFIV difficult. But I havent played it for ages, so I can't be 100% sure...

Shin Gouken
02-21-2006, 08:47 AM
probably true
i voted 5, i just always found that game harder than the rest f em...

V was the first one i played and i didn't find it hard at all. Too many things at your disposal. I'd probabley go with IV, as the only way to learn spells is to level up. So if your like me and don't bother to level up, it's not just hard, it's very hard

black orb
02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
>>> FFT for me, with the other FF I barely got a "game over"..

Holy Lancer
02-21-2006, 05:32 PM
I want to change my vote to Final Fantasy Tactics now. I played it yesterday. The way they fight is tough.

Llanowar
02-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh come on the only way Tactics is difficult is if you do not have a strategic enuf mind and you do not make use of certain AI's Amusing tendencies. i.e. The Chemist in the opening scenario has unlimited potions so I got 3 squires to master their class be4 the end of a single fight. FFII.....the TRUE FFII I find very difficult. The way they force you to take damage in order to EVER increase HP and to use a lot of MP to gain more MP is So much more difficult than simply sitting around gaining XP and leveling in order to gain stats.

Dreddz
02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
It depends on how you approach the games, if you spend time leveling every now and again, you could get through a game with little trouble, this is generally how I go through the games. Im going to go with FFI though, as I did get into spots of difficulty even if I leveling before hand.

Vincentsinnerdemon
02-21-2006, 11:11 PM
IX was hardest for me but just cause i could never play it for more than 10 minutes at a time.(i still havent been able to get into it enough to get past gizamaluke.)

Alexander
02-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Ooopsie, voted wrong. I voted on IX; I meant V. xD

Dell
02-25-2006, 05:20 PM
X, cause I can't past dark aeons and penance

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I think it's Final Fantasy II.
I second

Hinky the Pickle
02-25-2006, 09:29 PM
For me, II was definitly the hardest. On top of requiring a ton of stat leveling, it rarely, if ever, holds your hand throughout the game. You have to figure out a lot of things for yourself which can sometimes be a pain.

But most of the FF games I've found "hard" are mainly because of the game mechanics. For example, even after playing FFVIII 3 or 4 times from the beginning I still can't figure out how the junction system works. I could never get into the original FF either simply because of some of the design flaws (e.g. missing attacks if the monster you targeted is dead). I can tolerate the remakes though which fix most of the design problems.

But the FF I find the most challenging based on actual... um... challenge... would be FFV. I swear, there were areas in that game where I thought it was completely hopeless and I would never beat the game, but through a lot of perseverance I conquered the game and got a great amount of satisfaction in doing so.

Zeromus_X
02-25-2006, 10:32 PM
III was really the only one that was tough, because it doesn't have a quick leveling up trick. Every other game does, and because of that, they lose difficulty. Especially FFII XD (That's why I laugh when people think that FFII is difficult :p)

Even then, FFIII is only really hard if you're unprepared, then it would look very difficult.

And of course, all the FFs VI on up to X are easy. Probably why they added in optional stuff in the later ones.

So I'll vote FFIII. It was more "normal" to me than hard, but It could get difficult at times. :choc2:

zbonks
02-26-2006, 06:09 PM
I said ff8, it was my first ff andit was hard the easiest ones were I and VII for me

MikeL Valentine
02-26-2006, 08:05 PM
For me ff7:)

auronova
03-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I haven't played any ff games dwn from 7 so i can't really say but i found the sphere grid in FFX pretty strange after playing 7 through to 9

namineicey
03-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Final Fantay X is hard
I can't even kill Sin :cry:

Morridor
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I'd say Final Fantasy I. When I was younger (granted being young will do this), I couldn't even get past the first fight with Garland. I wouldn't level like I was supposed to and would just go after him. After losing a LOT of HP on the way to Garland, Garland would just completely kill me. Other Final Fantasy games really don't make you level at the very beginning.

Danny

Avathar
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
From my experience, my list from hardest to easiest:

1. FFII
2. FFI
3. FFVII
4. FFX
5. FFVIII
6. FFIII
7. FFVI
8. FFIX

Holy Lancer
01-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Sorry for bringing back an old topic but I just want to make a new list after more playing experience.

1. FFIV
2. FFVI
3. FFII
4. FFT
5. FFI
6. FFX
7. FFXII
8. FFV
9. FFIX

feioncastor
01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
My vote goes to the original FF1 for the NES. The newer versions are much easier. The ridiculously small amount of space that you had to carry Weapons and Armor forced you to budget everything you brought. The new equipment is usually too expensive when you first arrive in a new town, so you have to go fight to save up the GP. And then the battle system is rather wacky. If you cast "LIT 2" on two of the same enemy, it could do 178 damage to one and 23 damage to the other. Buying 99 HEAL potions requires extensive pushing of the A button since you can't buy in quantity. There is also no means of filling up your MP outside of an Inn, except by using a "House", but Houses are expensive and if you do have one, you'll probably never use it because you'll be "saving it for emergencies". This, of course, makes magic worthless in almost all of the fights, except boss fights. When fighting a boss, the right magic can make the fight stupidly easy. However, because you only have a couple of casts of your best spells through the whole game, you can only use good magic against the boss, making your mage a waste of space the whole way through the dungeon. And once you get to a high enough level to have an abundance of lower level spells, you'll be up against monsters who aren't fazed by them. Also, there are no save points. In fact, the only way you can save the game is with a Tent/Cabin/House or by staying at an Inn.

To some, it may seem as though the game's difficulty relies on luck. For example, you'd need luck to avoid running into 8 zombies in the Earth Cave. And luck would decide whether or not they stunned all four of your characters immediately and then slowly kill them off. However, if you're good enough, you can run into 8 zombies and deal with it. You can cast HARM or HRM2. You can have all four characters attempt to run. You can cast FIR2. So it's luck that gets you into situations, but preparedness and strategy can save you. Except from 9 pirates, especially the kind that hang out in Pravoka.

Safis
01-01-2007, 04:45 PM
So far for me, it's FF2. The first half of the game was easy as hitting the ground when you're falling from the sky. Then it got about as easy as taking candy from a baby, which really isn't as easy as they say! But still not hard. Then I hit Pandaemonium. I can whip into shape anything that comes my way until then, but BOOM! Death Riders squash me like a bad simile. All of a sudden the game is near impossible.

The other FFs I've played to the (near) end I found to be that way too, except it's the final boss that's much harder. IX and X anyway. Not I. Chaos was a joke.

Avarice-ness
01-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I had issues with FF1(GBA) because after the dancer stopped telling me what to do, I wandered aimlessly leveling up so bad that I beat Chaos, while not paying attention, while eating at a chinese Buffet.

FFVII was my easiest, FFVI second easiest, FFIV a tiny bit harder, FFV alittle harder (DAMN YOU DRAGON!!!! *issues*), FFII hard, and FFI really hard 'cause I didn't know what was going on.

Oh and yeah FFX was easy, all the one's I didn't mention basically mean I don't like them AKA FFVIII, FFIX, FFXII (Yeah I don't like it.)

DarkLadyNyara
01-01-2007, 11:14 PM
None of the ones I've played have been too hard, but FFII will rape you if you don't know how the system works. Or, rather, it'll allow you to rape yourself. ^_^

Ashley Schovitz
01-01-2007, 11:19 PM
XII and IV for me, no definetly XII.

Ben
01-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I had rented IX but I kept renting it until i got stuck... I'm not very persistant as you can see. So its the hardest for me.

Holy Lancer
01-01-2007, 11:50 PM
XII and IV for me, no definetly XII.

XII is easy if you use the Liscence Board wisely.

DarkHeat787
01-02-2007, 12:14 AM
^XII is teh funnessness. :bigsmile:

I put FFX. :O

Yunalesca was a female puppy.
Final Aeon was a female puppy.
Yu Yevon was a female puppy because it wasn't hard. I cried at the easiness of that battle.

Goldenboko
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Yu Yevon was a female puppy because it wasn't hard. I cried at the easiness of that battle.

... You do know that battle is suppose to be easy because you can't lose.

Out of the ones I've played fully I'd say FFIV. (DAMN YOU ZEROMUS!)
The easiest was probably FFVI because you could make your party uber but the bosses never had more then about 65,000HP. (My Locke can take out Atma Weapon alone and he's only level 51)

DarkHeat787
01-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Yep. I'd prefer if I wasn't Auto-Life'd the whole time. >>;

It's sad though; I actually had some problems with Yu Yevon because I hadn't done any Celestial Weapons cept for the Nirvana, and I only half-powered it. I'm glad I had Yuna with Doublecast. :bigsmile: /luzrbecauseIhadtroublewithteheasiestbossevar

Goldenboko
01-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Yep. I'd prefer if I wasn't Auto-Life'd the whole time. >>;

It's sad though; I actually had some problems with Yu Yevon because I hadn't done any Celestial Weapons cept for the Nirvana, and I only half-powered it. I'm glad I had Yuna with Doublecast. :bigsmile: /luzrbecauseIhadtroublewithteheasiestbossevar

Actually if you use Zombie attack he'll literally kill himself, and if you don't have that you could always cast reflect on him so he heals you.

Disco Potato
01-02-2007, 04:52 AM

Out of the ones I've played, FFXII, for the sheer patience and willpower I'm having to draw on to finish it >_<

Yuffie514
01-02-2007, 06:45 AM
for me, it was Final Fantasy Tactics. the game was difficult and i remember being frustrated and quite irked. i don't think all the hours i spent on there even accumulated to half a day's work. i just gave up and left it to be part of the collection display. i supposed i'd say the same for Final Fantasy XI too, but it actually takes a lazy person to not enjoy it for themselves...

chocobo hunter
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
The hardest one yet has got to be FFXII, because of its lack of random battles and gambit system. I always seem to get KO'ed by other party members going after a super hard monster and then when flee does'nt work I end up killed.:mad2: And the story isn't much of a incentive for me to actually finish it.