PDA

View Full Version : who here found sephy awesomely easy?

Fatal Impurity
02-20-2006, 06:12 PM
i found him SOOOOOOOOOOOO easy and i had a team of lvl70 (packed to the teeth with materia) and another lvl10 team (which were well "malnourished" lol) and i owned sephys ass in like 10 mins before i went to school....it was such a disapointment....

Acid Raine
02-20-2006, 06:23 PM
He was one of the easier final bosses. I mean, Pale Horse and Super Nova got on my nerves, but other than that, I was disappointed how easy he was, considering he was "all-powerful" ....pitiful..

Fatal Impurity
02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
yeah i know! his supernova is COMPLETELY understated (he destroys the whole solar system yet he only takes 6000 life off you? whats all that about?) and the fact that he can do it more than once is completely ludicrous!!!

Skyblade
02-20-2006, 06:37 PM
yeah i know! his supernova is COMPLETELY understated (he destroys the whole solar system yet he only takes 6000 life off you? whats all that about?) and the fact that he can do it more than once is completely ludicrous!!!

Yes, and Bahamut Zero creates an explosive shockwave that spreads across a third of the planet, easily. Neo Bahamut and Titan both rip up the land underneath the opponent, only to have it be restored to its exact same position when the summon ends. In FFVIII, Eden affects the entire planet and destroys a small galaxy, yet that galaxy is always there when you use it again. Cut them some slack, it's just meant to look cool.

Fatal Impurity
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah but i think outta all the ff moves that one is the most ludicrous...:(

a nirvana fan
02-20-2006, 07:03 PM
I found him very easy I had my party on about level 60 - 65 and all I did was ure All-Regen and used Bolt 3...no Summons or anything so yep it was and still is extremely easy.

chronic_Maniac
02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
you know whats really pitiful is when you have KOTR w-summon and it kills him in the 4 cast you do and then you use omnislash on the third sephy and watch the ending. No super nova, zero or neo, just complete victory.

Clone 01
02-20-2006, 08:03 PM
i found him exteremely dificult the first time i played the game, i cant remember wat lvl they wer on but i was only ten years old so wasnt exactly a genius.but i played the game bout a month ago and completely destroyed him. so yeh he is actually pretty eazy!

Captain Maxx Power
02-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Try getting all your characters to level 99 and using KoTR on Jenova:Synthesis and see just how much easier he is ;)

TheSpoonyBard
02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
yet he only takes 6000 life off you?
The damage formula for Super Nova is [Target's HP * 15/16].

Try getting all your characters to level 99 and using KoTR on Jenova:Synthesis and see just how much easier he is
To elaborate, here are the specifics.

Safer*Sephiroth's stats change depending on various factors:
+30,000 Max HP, 2 Att, 20 Def, 5 MAt, 16 MDf per character at L99
+80,000 Max HP if you cast Knights of Round on Jenova*SYNTHESIS
You can lower Safer's max HP by 100 every time you kill Bizarro's Head. This can be done repeatedly to remove up to 24,900 HP.

McLovin'
02-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I never witnessed his attacks for I just used Knights of the Round thrice and he was gone.

Alive-Cat
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
He's definately very easy. But to be honest, I haven't fought him in about a year. Because once I get a good file, I max out all the stats of all characters and do all sub-quests, I never really feel the need to fight Sephiroth, because it's a bit pointless just to watch a video that I've already got on my pc...

TheBrent
02-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Well, the first time I played the game he was a bit difficult 'cuz i just missed so much, I didn't get Knight of the Round, or any Master Materia. The second time I completly destroyed him, he's really nothin' compared to Ruby Weapon.

Dell
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I beat him with KotR just twice, yet I'm in about LV50- LV60
I truly respect his Super Nova, cause it can give bad status that I hate like toad, confuse, silence, small. I like Apocalypse and UltimaFF9 more.

boys from the dwarf
02-23-2006, 04:24 PM
the main reason every seems to find sephiroth easy is because they have all of the ultimate weapons and kotr and excellent materia combos. when i first beat him i had barret and tifas ultimate weapons and no ultimate for cloud, i didnt have omnislash and tifa had level 4 limits, barret had level4 but his limit far was pretty empty. i a lot of HP+ materia and also had the contain materia and ultima and typhoon but noe of these are massively destructive.i struggled through the battle and eventually won with everyone on low health and it was one of the hardest bosses on the game. the reason everyone else finds him easy if because of omnislash and kotr, try beating without attacks which do about 100,000 and youll find the challenge. with attacks like supernova and attacks which can do a lot damage and status effect id hardly call him easy.

DMKA
02-23-2006, 04:43 PM
I went there with everything on one of my files and he was insanely hard. It took me about 45 minutes to kill him, using omnislash atleast eight times. I have no idea how the game determines it but on some of my files he's been easy while on others he's been really, really hard.

Fatal Impurity
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
well i never had KOTR and i only used onmislash three times and he was pretty much still easy to wipe out....in fact i never had a character die.....it was totally disapointing in my eyes....

Crossblades
02-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I didn't find him easy but i didn't find him hard either

Sergeant Hartman
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Knights of the Round to the max!

Dreddz
02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
He is very easy, Knights of the Round once on his first form and twice on his second, dosent stand a chance...

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-23-2006, 11:18 PM
All the fangirls/boys call him the hardest boss in the world, that you had to have all of the Secret Materia to get him... But I had an aroun 55 team and just (maybe) Quadra Magic, and beat him no problem. Also, I actually left the room and went to the toilet in the time it took him to finish Supernova. And I washed my hands, too.

Masamune·1600
02-23-2006, 11:23 PM
I went there with everything on one of my files and he was insanely hard. It took me about 45 minutes to kill him, using omnislash atleast eight times. I have no idea how the game determines it but on some of my files he's been easy while on others he's been really, really hard.

Safer Sephiroth has certain base statistics that increase dramatically based on outside factors. Under normal circumstances, Safer has 80,000 HP, 680 MP, Attack 230, Magic 100, Defense 100, Magic Defense 180, Dexterity 160, and Luck 100. Because of how the game treats enemy Dexterity, it's really more like 110.

If Knights of the Round is used against Jenova·SYNTHESIS, Safer will gain an additional 80,000 maxHP. In addition, for every character at level 99 (this does not include Aeris, on the offchance that someone spent enough time to raise her to 99), Safer gains 30,000 maxHP, 2 Attack, 20 Defense, 5 Magic, and 15 Magic Defense. Therefore, the most powerful possible version of Safer will have 400,000 HP, 680 MP, Attack 246, Magic 140, Defense 260, Magic Defense 308, Dexterity 160, and Luck 100.

Given that KotR ignores defensive parameters (i.e. Magic Defense), the most difficult version of Safer would probably be one where all characters are at level 99, but the party does not have KotR.

TheSpoonyBard
02-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Safer's Luck stat is 0, not 100.

Zeromus_X
02-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I beat him the first time I tried, and my people were in theyre 50s, with hp barely over 3000. (I didn't know where the hp/mp plus materias were back then, so...)

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2006, 10:48 PM
well, the first time it was really easy, but my brother turned it off before i saw the ending and every time i try after that it's too hard. I still have yet to see the ending. I'm gonna use the gameshark as soon as i get my ps1

Fatal Impurity
02-25-2006, 03:09 PM
it is soooo easy and i used ppl that were in the lvl70's plus i DIDNT have KOTR

Captain Maxx Power
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
it is soooo easy and i used ppl that were in the lvl70's plus i DIDNT have KOTR

Read above. Strictly speaking using KotR can make him stronger. If you actually use it in the battle preceeding it but not the battle itself.

lady yunalesca
02-27-2006, 12:14 AM
i found him really easy! but then i did have a vastly overtrained team, i put them on max lvl as i thought he would be really tough.......but i was dissapointed!!!!

Zeromus_X
02-27-2006, 01:52 AM
He just isn't really a hard final boss. (Except for what was already stated above.)

The last "hard" ff final boss I fought was Zeromus in Hard-Type, and that was only because I was in my 50s.

XxSephirothxX
02-27-2006, 03:51 AM
Yeah, he was a pretty easy final boss. Most of them are, if you really think about it.

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2006, 10:56 PM
geez. i got to getting the ps1 and i saw the ending finally, but somehow using the ps1 must've made the battle different for bizzaro
I could only use 1 party before on the ps2, but when i used the ps1 i had to use three. (really i liked it better with one.)

Omnislash07
02-28-2006, 02:21 AM
if u think any of the bosses in the post SNES final fantasies are hard then your characters are in sore need of some levels.

i have never lost to any of them and seph was probably the hardest cause i almost lost to him the first time. i used Aeris till she died and then decided not to level up my replacement of Yuffie and then when i fought Safer everyone was dead cept Yuffie and she had her limit so i used it just for the hell of it and he died. i freaked out then forgot to use omnislash on seph at the end and killed him with a counterattack...

other than that though, Seph is extremely easy unless you do the whole level 99 thing but ive never gotten past level 80 somethin cause i get bored and i dont care about mastering every materia and killing the stupid weapons

DarkLord
02-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I first beat him with my best char at level 50! Now though, both weapons beaten, all materia, everyone level 99, I'm gonna rechallenge him soon.

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2006, 10:34 PM
he has more HP with every character at 99 too i hope you know.

Fatal Impurity
03-03-2006, 05:24 PM
mmmmm i went into the debug room got all my characters upto lvl99 and got a load of materia and he was STILL really easy in fact he was EASIER!!!

cloud_doll
03-05-2006, 12:49 AM
OMG! I beat sephiroth so easily! my people were on level 60 i had no level 4 limit breaks set (not even clouds omnislash) and i was playing it with my brother watching and he said that i wouldnt be able to beat the last sephy without omnislash and it did it anyways, it just had omnislash as my limit

Cowboys From Hell
03-07-2006, 01:06 AM
So anyway i took jenova and the first sephy on with just my ultimate weapons and 2 master majic materia and 2 master comand and 1 master summon. Never used a summon though. And just hacked them both away. the on the final form i had had my limits maxed and unloaded on him in my firs turn. So it went tiffa and i goot perfects for everything doing about 9999 with all blows. Then omnislash which i think killed him. If it didn't i probably finished him off with cids lvl 4 limit. Well anyway i wasted him.

Fatal Impurity
03-09-2006, 01:45 PM
good one you show that wuss some buster sword!!! (or in my case ultima weapon)

Gh["]sT
03-09-2006, 01:59 PM
i have completed ff7 like 8 times know and i have no clue who the hell u lot are on about who the hell is sephy if u mean sephiroth he is the most easiest boss to kill on the game even the matria keeper and the montser in the safe where hard than him:D

Fatal Impurity
03-10-2006, 03:35 PM
its not quite that bad!!! but if you mean in relative terms...then yeah the materia keeper is harder especially when it keeps doing trine on you when you are low level....well at least you get something decent out of the battle (a summon - yay!!! :D ) unlike sephy....in which case after the ending you get a face full of stars for eternity (or until you get pissed off and slam your PS against the wall like i did)

TheSpoonyBard
03-10-2006, 03:40 PM
the materia keeper is harder [...] at least you get something decent out of the battle (a summon - yay!!! :D)
You did? The majority of us get a Jem Ring and a CounterAttack materia.

Fatal Impurity
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
oops....please forgive me...its been a while...lol i knew you got a materia!!! its just one of those days ;)