PDA

View Full Version : *stabs Nintendo with a spork*

Endless
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Next Zelda Title Delayed Again (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/20/1624238).

Can you believe this? From now on, I declare the game should be referred to as "Zelda: Vapor Princess".

a nirvana fan
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Tut tut, Nintendo sux all together apart from a few good games.

Dreddz
02-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Shame, Glad Im not into Zelda, but I feel your pain, I really do :cry:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Well darn it.

XxSephirothxX
02-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I would be horribly disappointed if it hadn't become fairly obvious in the last few months that, with no new details being released and absolutely nothing said about the game, it wasn't likely to come out in its expected release period. It better be one hell of a game.

Sephex
02-20-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm not suprised, nor anyone else should be. Oh, and it's really lame to hate on a company because they delay a game. Do you want it done right, or do you want it half-assed?

RSL
02-20-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm disappointed, but not surprised. As long as the quality of the game is very high, I'm willing to wait.

ljkkjlcm9
02-20-2006, 11:54 PM
i remember reading awhile ago that they were delaying the game to make it compatible with the new Revolution controller. It'll still be a GC game, but if you put it in your revolution it'll work with the new controller. They've done that with a number of Zelda games, like Link's awakening having the color dungeon, then oracle or ages/seasons if you use the GBA.

I knew awhile ago it wasn't coming out til this fall, but I think if it works with the Rev controller it may pay off

THE JACKEL

NM
02-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Dosn't suprise me. I have a feeling the game will be released around the same time the Revoltion is available.

Dixie
02-21-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm not suprised, nor anyone else should be. Oh, and it's really lame ot hate on a company because they delay a game. Do you want it done right, or do you want it half-assed?I thought the same thing. Awwwwwe!!!Yeah, it's all for the best. ^_^ So no worries, although I'm(and many others) getting impatient...:eep:

Please don't stab Nintendo with a spork. ;_; It probably hurts and they have feelings, too.

EDIT: Grammar error I didn't see until now.

Erdrick Holmes
02-21-2006, 12:48 AM
This game WILL be a Revolution launch title, I already feel it happening.

ljkkjlcm9
02-21-2006, 01:01 AM
It won't be, it's smarter not to. It'll be a last run for the gamecube, for those who don't want to pay much for a system, or have the GC and don't want the Rev yet. BUT, for those willing to get the new system, they'll get something special with the Zelda game. So it's a launch title, but it's still a GC game.

THE JACKEL

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2006, 01:08 AM
This game WILL be a Revolution launch title, I already feel it happening.Like how you could feel Namco X Capcom getting an American release, right?

Levian
02-21-2006, 02:20 AM
Has there been set another date? The link isn't working anymore.

Psychotic
02-21-2006, 02:28 AM
OMG I TOLD U GUYS NINTENDO WERE TEH CRAPPYS!

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-21-2006, 02:28 AM
How long did we wait for Ocarina of Time? Three years or thereabouts?

I'm not surprised at all.

Obsidian
02-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Smells a bit like Team Fortress 2 to me. :mad:

Levian
02-21-2006, 02:31 AM
OMG I TOLD U GUYS NINTENDO WERE TEH CRAPPYS!

Nah Nintendo is cool. It's like girls. You know they have the wares you really want, you just don't know when they're going to give it to you or if it's going to be released in your country at all. ifyouknowwhatimean.

Such Great Heights
02-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Smells a bit like Team Fortress 2 to me. :mad:

Oh don't go there!

It's become more and more obvious recently that the game WILL have Revolution support. Nintendo would have to be stark raving mad to have a flagship game come out around the same time as the Rev, but without Rev support. It'll be a GC disk with special, Rev-only features.

Lindy
02-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Shame it was confirmed by the very people making it that it was a promised Gamecube title, eh?

Levian
02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
They confirm a lot of stuff.

Such Great Heights
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Shame it was confirmed by the very people making it that it was a promised Gamecube title, eh?

People are going to buy the game if it's a Revolution title or a GC title; since the game has been promised for the GC, Nintendo will deliver it on a GC disk. But what's to stop them from programing in extra features for the Revolution's controler? They don't even have to release the game with the Revolution. It'll sell systems.

KoShiatar
02-21-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm somewhat glad I'm not a Zelda fan yet.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-21-2006, 10:30 PM
The delay is probably to add more data into the game. I am disappointed, but this doesn't surprise me. I just hope they do an excellent spectacular job on the game.

Rengori
02-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Considering you're mad at Nintendo because they're delaying games, shouldn't you also stab Square for delaying FFXII so many times?

KentaRawr!
02-21-2006, 10:43 PM
I expected this, but I thought that they were going to continue making the old DS for the people with big hands. ;_;

Well, at least I will be getting this game as well as a Nintendo Revolution at around the same time. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Considering you're mad at Nintendo because they're delaying games, shouldn't you also stab Square for delaying FFXII so many times?The reason for the difference in outrage is that Twilight Princess, which is brimming with nostalgia, is about ten times more anticipated than FFXII, which actually presents changes to the traditional series gameplay and is hence a harbinger of Square Enix's insanity and desperation and this is totally the last one they're making, dude.

But yeah, this is only the game's second delay, whereas FFXII was originally supposed to come out in, what, 2004 (http://finalfantasyxiidelay.ytmnd.com)?

Rengori
02-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Good point.

Giga Guess
02-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Eh. I'd rather they take their time and do it right. That being said, it better be bloody good!

Rase
02-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Bah, bah I say!

Oh well, I have very little doubt it will meet my expectations, and for that I am willing to wait.

Shlup
02-22-2006, 05:01 AM
There'd better be sex.

Skyblade
02-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Not surprising. It may be a GC game, but it won't be released until the Revolution comes out.

Maxico
02-22-2006, 07:57 AM
Delays rarely mean additional content. More likely there were unforseen problems that have to be dealt with.

Additional content isn't worth the cost of an extended development time.

Giga Guess
02-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Granted. I juet meant I'd rather wait a while longer, than cope with a buggy game. And that it better be worth the wait. Much like FFXII

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Delays rarely mean additional content. More likely there were unforseen problems that have to be dealt with.

Additional content isn't worth the cost of an extended development time.When the first delay happened, they went out of their way to state that they were adding new dungeons and such. No idea about this one, though.