PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Death

Skarr
02-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I am currently fighting Ex-death in the second world. Its one hell of a bout. I'm having a bit of trouble kicking his arse in the dirt. This is how my team looks like:

Butz-Ninja w/white mage ability lvl 30
Faris-Blue Mage w/Jikku(time mage) ability lvl30
Cara-Black mage w/equip ability lvl30
pink haried chick whose name I forgot-Samurai w/call ability lvl30.

Anyway. Does anyone have help to offer me? I could truly say that its giving me a headache. Thanks.

Flying Mullet
02-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Honestly, you have some pretty crappy job/ability combinations. It works better if you dedicate your character to magic or physical attacks, not both.

Shin Gouken
02-21-2006, 12:30 AM
You can hugely simplify this battle by casting your newest summons, Carbunkle and Golem. Then you can reflect your spells from your party's reflect for more damage.

You can also deal massive damage by capturing a red dragon and releasing it on him. Four characters releasing four red dragons will K.O him on the first turn

Ciretho
02-21-2006, 06:47 AM
I didn't know that. thats cool. You learn something new everyday I suppose.

Shin Gouken
02-21-2006, 08:42 AM
You can kill Shoat by capturing a single Iron dress and realeaseing it on him. Catching monsters is underrated :greenie:

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-21-2006, 09:06 AM
ExDeath+4 Samurai+Gill Toss=ExDead

boys from the dwarf
02-21-2006, 05:41 PM
lvl 30 is low if you ask me. in one of my games i was level 22 before cresent island easily.
EDIT:i thought you meant the last ex-death. i beat the first encounter at level 29 and 28.

Shin Gouken
02-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I can complete the game on level 40. Level 30 is fine.

Flying Mullet
02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Job Abilities learned and how you combo them are a lot more important than levels in FFV.

Skarr
02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
That's why I didn't focus too much on leveling up...the points earned for your abilities matters more. Mullet, I know my party combo's suck. But thanks for being honest buddy. :)

Crossblades
02-22-2006, 03:17 AM
I am currently fighting Ex-death in the second world. Its one hell of a bout. I'm having a bit of trouble kicking his arse in the dirt. This is how my team looks like:

Butz-Ninja w/white mage ability lvl 30
Faris-Blue Mage w/Jikku(time mage) ability lvl30
Cara-Black mage w/equip ability lvl30
pink haried chick whose name I forgot-Samurai w/call ability lvl30.

Anyway. Does anyone have help to offer me? I could truly say that its giving me a headache. Thanks.

Take off White Magic from Butz and Call from Krile and replace it with something non-magical, like the Monk "Store" ability if you learned it. Their magic power for their equipped jobs isn't so great. Have Faris or Cara learn White Magic instead

Flying Mullet
02-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Mullet, I know my party combo's suck. But thanks for being honest buddy. :)
Anytime. :p

Skarr
02-23-2006, 12:21 AM
I'll try Crossblades stratagy.

Edit~Thanks Mullet.

I cheated. I had four Samurai's and over 30,000 in gil. I gp tossed and within under 60 seconds...I won. Damn I feel bad. I wish I could have killed him with my lame ass combo party. Oh well thanks everyone. :p

Zeromus_X
02-23-2006, 04:44 AM
It's not cheating! I mean, you're losing an exponential amount of gil, but...

Miming Fuuma Shurikens should be cheating :p

Shin Gouken
02-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I never use $toss as i myself do consider it cheap. But each to their own.

If your using it now, on a boss which isn't really too difficult, then you will be resorting to it alot in the upcoming battles.

Crossblades
02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I cheated. I had four Samurai's and over 30,000 in gil. I gp tossed and within under 60 seconds...I won. Damn I feel bad. I wish I could have killed him with my lame ass combo party. Oh well thanks everyone. :p

Who says that's cheating? It's in the game for a reason. And I bet you had a lot of money too. I would've done the same thing:p

Skarr
02-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Thanks guys. :p

PresZidane
03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I remember what I did:
First I made Bartz get the S/X-Attack ability from mastering the hunter job then made him a ninja so he could have 2 weapons. He would get about hits on Ex-death an attack. It really ruled.

eestlinc
03-27-2006, 04:28 AM
Ex-Death is the best boss to use giltoss on sinceyou can't take it with you, so to speak. You can also use Bahamut-Mime or flare sword/two swords or any number of other power combinations.

Shin Gouken
03-27-2006, 06:07 AM
This thread is in relation to the first x-death battle (in world two)
But seeing as you mentioned it :p If your going to Mime Bahamut in the final battle, use X-magic to summon him twice then mime that so you mime both Bahamut summons. Or you could go all out and use X-magic-bahumut-Quick-Bahamut-Bahamut-Mime effectively having one character use him five times in a row :D