PDA

View Full Version : Protector

Cruise Control
02-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Is it possible to defeat it on my first trip to vector? How do I hurt it?

Current Party:
Celes
Locke
Edgar
Cyan
All in back row, I'm a specials person. Best equips available right now.

TheAbominatrix
02-21-2006, 02:40 AM
It's impossible. It's just there to keep you out of Vector.

Cruise Control
02-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Aw ;__________________________;
I spent 5 minutes sneaking past those guards too.

KoShiatar
02-21-2006, 09:59 PM
You'll fight it much later in the game. Now all you have to do is stealth.

Flying Mullet
02-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I guess you could beat it, but it has 50,000+ hit points and deals massive damage so you'd have one hell of a time doing it.

Cruise Control
02-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I can't even damage it. Everything does 0.

Edit: I'D USE THE UBER EXPENSIVE PHEONIX DOWN

Tavrobel
02-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Is it possible to defeat it on my first trip to vector? How do I hurt it?

Current Party:
Celes
Locke
Edgar
Cyan
All in back row, I'm a specials person. Best equips available right now.

You still won't hurt it. Unless it tickles enough so that he passes out from exhaustion. Unfortunately, it's a machine, so it won't happen. There IS a way to kill it, but you have to wait until Leo dies and then revive him.

xtreme112
02-22-2006, 06:44 AM
...revive leo?
that is sarcasm isn't it?

but lets not go back into that argument

but even if you do beat it, something will probably keep you out of Vector anyway, so don't bother

Llanowar
02-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I have gone thru with every possible spell weapon and Special move I could get (even UBER-levelled) to beat him and NO ATTACK will do any damage so this is a fruitless pursuit. The guardian was made to be invincible at that particular time in the story.

Flying Mullet
02-22-2006, 05:30 PM
NO ATTACK will do any damage so this is a fruitless pursuit.
That's loser talk!

Tavrobel
02-22-2006, 05:43 PM
That's loser talk!
That's right. As I said before, you MUST REVIVE LEO.

I have gone thru with every possible spell weapon and Special move I could get (even UBER-levelled) to beat him and NO ATTACK will do any damage so this is a fruitless pursuit. The guardian was made to be invincible at that particular time in the story.

Leo does 99999 damage, the same amount that happens to Kefka if you throw Atma Weapon at him. Don't forget to uncurse the Cursed Ring and get the Gamma Sword.

...revive leo?
that is sarcasm isn't it?

but lets not go back into that argument

but even if you do beat it, something will probably keep you out of Vector anyway, so don't bother

Yes, this is all sarcasm. For all those who are idiotic enough to believe anything I say, then stop playing FFVI please. Even if you do damage the Guardian (which you won't), it's HP will either regenerate to maximum, or it is like Nepto from FFIII: he will always be there. It cannot be stopped until later in the game, and it is not a fruitless pursuit at all. You will wind up with bitter fruit, which is a fruit, so therefore, killing Guardian is infact, fruitful. And no, you are NOT getting everything you can with uber leveling, why? Because cheating is the same thing (so go use a Gameshark if you are one of those people who like to uber-level). Guardian was not made to be invincible. It was made to keep you OUT of the Castle; a different thing entirely.