PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Least Favorite Limit Breaks?

u2girl1966
02-21-2006, 05:18 AM
Which characters have the Limit Breaks you love? What characters have LB that you really hate to the point where you hate having that character in your party?

For me, Quistis's Degenerator (spelling? gah, it's late!) saved my ass many a time in the Deep Reseach area. Selphie's Rapture can be nifty as well. (I've yet to see The End as an option)

I don't like using Zell's, mainly because I'm playing the PC version of the game and I feel like a spaz trying to hit the keys and always somehow mess it up. So I generally use him to heal or cast something else like Meltdown.

Rinoa's Angel Wings can be too unpredictable.

Noj_R
02-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Squall's renzokuken and Zell's duel. I like it when the limit breaks are interactive, its fun. The most satisfying limit break for me is lionheart.

Makes Omnislash pale in comparison..... j/k :D

yuno
02-21-2006, 07:21 AM
duel.i do more damage with a 3-second duel than a 17-hit (9999 damage each) lionheart plus the renzokuken preceding it.if i get a 12-second duel,that would pwn all.

boys from the dwarf
02-21-2006, 07:46 AM
sqal and zells and rinoas are all great damage dealers, sqalls lionheart is more powerful than just about anything on the game, zell if you are fast enough he can do a 40 hit combo and rinoas wishing star does loads and can easily go over 50,000 damage.

Neco Arc
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Rinoa's Angel Wings can be too unpredictable.

Acutally you need to be able to know how to use it properly... In fact it is one of my favorite limits...

GreenTea
02-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Speaking of limit breaks, how do you get Zell's 'Armageddon(?) Fist Combo'?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Speaking of limit breaks, how do you get Zell's 'Armageddon(?) Fist Combo'?

this is default (comes automatically with the character) and my least favourite is Rinoa's

starseeker
02-21-2006, 07:50 PM
My favourites are renzokuken (followed by lionheart) and slot. My least favourite is shot cos I never got the hang of it.

Ramza Beoulve
02-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Squall's Renzokuken and Irvine's Shot, the first for the damage it can do, and the second I have got all types, and it´s really cool for my, it makes my fight versus Ultimecia and Omega more Easy he, and less... well, Quistis's limit break

Slayer1514
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
i like squalls limitbreak and i hate rinoas

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Favorite: Renzokuken: Lionheart. Least Fav:Blue Magic. I really did not find anything anything useful out of blue magic. There were some that worked quite well, but just not good enough.

*~Angel Wing~*
02-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Squall's renzokuken and Zell's duel. I like it when the limit breaks are interactive, its fun. The most satisfying limit break for me is lionheart.

Yeah, I like when the breaks are interactive too. Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Irvine and Laguna's are my favorites!!! :kaohappy2 Squall's is first for damage. Laguna's was good for entertainment reasons...:D I didn't like Quistis' except for Mighty Guard. That was the only helpful ability from her. Selphie's wasn't that good either because it takes a while for you to find a good spell, and by the time you do, Selphie dies. :mad:

AdVincent
02-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Quistis' Blue Magic was totally gay for me. Probably because I never found many good items for it.

Alexander
02-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Favorite:

Angel Wing. Even though Rinoa (argh!) uses it.
Blue Magic. Most of them. All of them are good. Aside of Laser Eye, Gatling Gun and Eletrocute.
Quick Shot.

Least Favorite:

Duel. Argh.
...Laser Eye, Gatling Gun and Eletrocute XDDD
Hyper Shot, Canister Shot and Flame SHot o.o
And, Angelo, that would be WONDERFUL.... wuithout Angelo Cannon. Angelo Cannon is CRAP! And Wishing Star appears... what am I saying? It NEVER appears, I've yet to see its animation, really! And Invincible Moon... I've seen it four times, in 5 or 6 playthroughs x_x

Slade
02-22-2006, 05:56 AM
My favorites were Selphie's limits. The most usefull were Squall's and the worst were Irvine's. I never use Shot.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Shot proved the most useful for me against the Tonberries (AP in particular)

Ashi
02-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I liked Squall's. And Angel Wing. And Selphie's random thingy (don't remember the name), I always tried to get "The End". hehe

I can safely assume I didn't really like any of the others' limit breaks. It's been a very long time since I played FFVIII.

chronic_Maniac
02-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Squall with all his limit breaks going is a great attacker. Zell and irvine both can keep on attacking too. quistius or whatever uses blue magic which can be used for what you got. Riona has a dog... lol and can make you invisible and guess what she don't die after disk one. selphie the more gambler type person gives you many chances to get full cure or the end as well as other things you wanna play with. umm thats it I think.

roxy
02-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Renzo, duel and shot

Oh yeah... if the only weapon you use until you get lionheart is the revolver, will you still get fated circle and blasting zone when you get the lionheart?

Ramza Beoulve
02-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Yeah, that's right, because the Lionheart has all the powers of the others

Lychon
02-24-2006, 07:11 AM

No, it really does!

-LYCHON

Jessweeee♪
02-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I always use Squall, Zell, and Rinoa (Angelo) because they have the best limit breaks.
Although I loved Angelo, I didn't like Angel Wings too much. I like to have total control over my characters.

DMKA
02-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I only really liked Squall's and Zell's. I would of liked Quistis' if she had more interesting spells. I always use Squall Zell and Selphie though, because I'm a Full Cure whore.

I think my least favorite was Irvine's. I never did much damage with it.

a nirvana fan
02-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Generally I like Squall's the best and Rinoa's are utter s*it

Vivisteiner
02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Rinoa's Angel Wing=Best
I junctioned only meteors, flares, Ultimas, Full lifes, and Curagas. Got her magic to 51. So she uses angel wing, magic multiplyed by 5 so goes to 255, and since she doesnt use healing magic, she uses only harmful magic in her inventory so only uses Flares, meteors and Ultimas at magic 255.=tons of damage.

Such Great Heights
02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm fond of Rinoa's Combine limit just because of Angelo. Selphie's is...major ehh. IF you can get something decent to come up, it can be quite badass, but I'm not patient enough to cycle through it a million times, and neither is Ultlimecia!

*~Angel Wing~*
02-27-2006, 12:59 AM
No, it really does!

-LYCHON
ha for real. :D

Saiya Leonhart
02-27-2006, 02:25 AM
I'd have to say Squalls is my fave. Does awesome damage, and Lionhart is just wicked awesome! My least favorite would have to be Quistis's. I didn't really like the spells she had.

Neco Arc
02-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Rinoa's Angel Wing=Best
I junctioned only meteors, flares, Ultimas, Full lifes, and Curagas. Got her magic to 51. So she uses angel wing, magic multiplyed by 5 so goes to 255, and since she doesnt use healing magic, she uses only harmful magic in her inventory so only uses Flares, meteors and Ultimas at magic 255.=tons of damage.

Its best to leave out any attack magic except for meteor, and only give her support magic so all she does is just meteor every turn, allowing her to do 40000 damage + each of her turn. (a lot more than ultima) Give her magic + 60% and auto haste and she will be ultimate.

Vivisteiner
02-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah. You're right. Only problem is you can only junction healing/defensive magic. e.g. You cannot junction 100 ultimas to health.

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Angelo isn't so bad if you learn all of the abilities. My favorites are Wishing Star, Invincible Moon, and the one where he revives Rinoa. Comes in handy sometimes when you're about to get a game over.

The Last Oath
03-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Irvine shot is awsome, especially fast shot, quistuis i dont really like, theres nothing like lion heart in there to do multiple damage although degenarator is good.

CStrife
03-03-2006, 04:17 PM
The best one is Irvine´s ( i used it to kill Ultimecia and Omega Weapon, using aura), but the coolest is Squall´s Lionheart (but Cloud´s Omnislash is cooler).

Twilight Edge
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Lionheart,Wishing Star,Invincible Moon followed by Canister Shot(I ran out of pulse ammo and have no items to refine them).I also owe my life to Angelo Reverse.If it wasn't for it,I would've have to fight Ultimecia and Greiver all over again.By that time,I was left with Rinoa,squall and irvine.The final Ultimecia suddenly wpied out my whole team,and suddenly Angelo came!Rinoa was revived,she casts full-life on Squall,and irvine was absorbed into time.I ended the game with Squall and Rinoa left in my teamby finshing her off with two Lionhearts and a Wishing Star.

Thoughtless
03-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Favorite:
Lionheart - Damage
Degenerator - Makes everything so easy

Least Favorite:
Angel Wing, Selphies - I don't like using magic in battle :P
Blast Zone (I think) - Because I watched it soooo many times while gettin tonberry on my 3 or 4 seperate games.

Alexander
03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Rinoa's Angel Wing=Best
Actually Angel Wing will do 5x the damage you would do normally. Yeah, it means a potential 255 x5 Mag Meteor.

THAT's way ANgel Wing pwnz Lionheart.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-19-2006, 01:02 AM
The revelation of the correct way to utilize Rinoa's Angel Wing made me reconsider my position towards it.

Anyway, the best ones (for me, anyway) :

Lion Heart -- useful, but, it bores me on less-priority fights (aka random encounters).
Shot -- the variety of ammo (especially Shotgun bullets -- they're good vs Cactuars or multiple enemies, ganging up on you, along with Canister, AP, & Hyper).
Duel -- repetitive > Special. Sad but true. :tongue:
Wishing Star -- Same reason as Lion Heart's.
Shockwave Pulsar -- only confirmed >9999 HP damage.
Mighty Guard -- necessary for me.
The End -- yes, it's the cheapest, but it's fun watching something cheap.

Deathwake
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I liked''like'' squalls ,zell and irvine's limits squalls for the damage zell for the animations adn shot for the animation and for the dmg not that is was to much like lionheart :P:D