PDA

View Full Version : FFX Challenge.

Khaotic
02-21-2006, 07:52 AM
No idea how hard this will be, if its possible, or even if its easy, but..

Sphere grid - I can't activate any nodes that give me stats such as str, etc. Only ones I can use are abilities, magic, HP, MP, thats it. I also must use begining equipment. I personally think this will be hard, since leveling won't really help me, i'll have to rely on skills and spells.

Future party.

Kimahri(another challenge itself, sorta. main reason is big guard)
Tidus
last one I haven't decided yet, its between Lulu, auron, rikku
Lulu - not really sure, exactly, I just never used her before and thought it would be a change.
Auron - obvious reasons, however without being able to raise his str stat, it may be not as good(i can always switch him in to armor break, etc)
Rikku - another obvious reason, her mix command, would prove useful in lots of ways, without mix I probably could not do this challenge.

I will be starting this challenge right now.

EDIT: I just realized there is a "NSG challenge(no sphere grid)" so, with that knowledge, I'm going to add the rule of, no summoning aloud, this includes summoning them normally, and overdrived summoning.

Lost Number
02-21-2006, 12:54 PM
That will be easy.
Try No sphere grid, no summoning, Initial eguipment, and NO OVERDRIVES. Thats what im doin.

IceAngel
02-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Wow you 2 sure are brave to try that! I kinda struggled when my characters didnt have the right abilities learned!

Lost Number
02-21-2006, 01:32 PM
It is deadly. Im on gagazet.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-21-2006, 01:50 PM
"No summoning" is flawed due to the fact that there are some battles where you HAVE to summon.

Lost Number
02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
OBVIOUSLY where summoning HAS to be performed, it is, But apart from that.

Khaotic
02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Good luck with sin overdrive, it will be impossible for you to defeat, just so you know.

Can't trio of 9999.
can't blitz ace.

you have like what, 10 turns to kill 120k hp before it uses overdrive? good luck with that <_<

Lost Number
02-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Ahem.

Khaotic
02-21-2006, 10:20 PM
..? what about that quote? Summoning doesn't "HAVE" to be performed there, its just impossible without it, therefore making your "no summon" challenge null.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-22-2006, 02:49 AM
Usually challenges that have the words "No <whatever>... oh, except when..." are rather frowned upon.

Khaotic
02-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Usually challenges that have the words "No <whatever>... oh, except when..." are rather frowned upon.
Unless its absolutely needed, like the solo fights with yuna and that other summoner(been awhile, forgot his name)

Zeromus_X
02-22-2006, 04:37 AM
His name is Isaaru.

Yeah, that overdrive Sin fight is questionable to win... :choc2:

IceAngel
02-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, you guys must tell us how it goes...

Khaotic
03-12-2006, 12:20 AM
OK guys, big update, I'll start small and edit later after I make some english muffins :o

Basically I'm near the shiva temple place where yuna is going to meet seymour, I'm fighting that al bhed machina thing, like I said i'll update in a few and make it more detailed since I haven't updated in awhile.

Medi
03-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Good luck with sin overdrive, it will be impossible for you to defeat, just so you know.

Can't trio of 9999.
can't blitz ace.

you have like what, 10 turns to kill 120k hp before it uses overdrive? good luck with that <_<

...Unless you have break damage limit. Still, without raising strength, BDL would be kind of useless. Have fun.

Khaotic
03-12-2006, 02:03 AM
He said no sphere grid, meaning he has base stats, base equipment, he'll be doing no more than 1k damage through the entire game.

Anyways, this machina is not really hard, just time consuming, I mixed a hero drink for auron so he crits it, helping I suppose.

Killed it, was really close, because I ran out of items, lulu used thundara - got countered with assault and had about 50 hp left, but she got her overdrive and then realized boss was next(next turn = mana beam = game over) so I switched kimahri with tidus and used delay attack, lulu was next, overdrive, killed it. Fun fun.

Hmm.. this seymour fight is quite hard since my damage is so low, the protectors always heal before I can kill <_<; stole their hi-potions though ;o

Lost Number
03-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Dear God, Sin Overdrive is immpossible without summoning. Mathematically and practically impossible. I belive that if it IMPOSSIBLE to beat him, if I summon(which has no further impact) then I can still continue with the bosses afterwards.

Khaotic
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Um.. trio of 9999, blitz ace. Next please.

Cruise Control
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
He can use the supreme gems she stole from sins fins and various other items. Overdrive sin may be possible. Supreme Gems are multi hit gravity items. You don't stand a chance without them.

Open the battle by using Supreme Gems first, than gravity items. Then your multi hit elements. IN THAT ORDER.

Rikku, Tidus, and Wakka party is your best bet. Rikku, can use gems and Wakka can attack while Tidus idles the first few rounds. If you have some haste Items (blitzball), use them on Rikku, making her even faster, since she is the only person using items.

Lost Number
03-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Um.. trio of 9999, blitz ace. Next please.
NO OVERDRIVE. Next please.
Stealing supreme gems? Back to old save game...

Khaotic
03-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey, Lost Number, you know what, maybe you should read my thread instead of making assumptions. You're reading another person's challenge, not my own, I can use overdrives.

Please, for the sake of eoff, read carefully before posting, then think twice before posting, thank you.

Your challenge is impossible, you say "but i have to use summoning, even though one of my rules was I cannot" therefore, your challenge is nulled, and until you realize that, quit doing challenges because they're apparently too hard for you to comprehend.

Edit, also, I want you out of this thread, you're not even doing anything besides critisizing people, either grow up, or just leave this thread, I do not want you here, k? k Next step involves me getting kikimm involved.

Cruise Control
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey, Lost Number, you know what, maybe you should read my thread instead of making assumptions. You're reading another person's challenge, not my own, I can use overdrives.

Please, for the sake of eoff, read carefully before posting, then think twice before posting, thank you.

Your challenge is impossible, you say "but i have to use summoning, even though one of my rules was I cannot" therefore, your challenge is nulled, and until you realize that, quit doing challenges because they're apparently too hard for you to comprehend.

Edit, also, I want you out of this thread, you're not even doing anything besides critisizing people, either grow up, or just leave this thread, I do not want you here, k? k Next step involves me getting kikimm involved.XDDD

Lost Number
03-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Next step involves me getting kikimm involved.
Ive always had suicidal tendencies, so ill just do this.
EDIT - Beat Sin Overdrive, go raibh maith agat to bbomber72000