PDA

View Full Version : your worst injury?

Marche
02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Ive been lucky enough to lead an almost injury free life the only bone i ever broke was my thumb.

How about you whats your worst inmjury?

Lost Number
02-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Breaking 3 ribs. With a football.

a nirvana fan
02-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Breaking 3 ribs. With a football.

Ouch. Worst thing I did was break my right wrist for when I got thrown down a hill.

Venom
02-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Cut the side of my finger with a butcher knife preparing food.

Probably that one is the most painful thing thats happened to me so far.

Flying Mullet
02-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Dislocating my knee was the worst. I had to lie down and try to keep my knee bent at 90 degrees until we got to the hospital so they could pop it back into place. But on the plus side they gave me <i>very</i> happy pills. :)

ScottNUMBERS
02-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Herpies.

chrs229
02-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't know... maybe the time I fell on my knee and made it bleed

Old Manus
02-21-2006, 09:42 PM
When Leeza turned me down

Clouded Sky
02-21-2006, 09:45 PM
broke my middle finger catching a punt in football. my blocker ran into me so i was out of position and that's why the ball hit me funny.

Endless
02-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Dislocating my knee was the worst. I had to lie down and try to keep my knee bent at 90 degrees until we got to the hospital so they could pop it back into place. But on the plus side they gave me <i>very</i> happy pills. :)

I disloacted my shoulder, I can sympathize with you, even though I admit a dislocated knee is even worse. I didn't get happy pills though, but they made me breathe some gas to relieve the pain, but it was very light and pretty short. Then omgpain. And 3 weeks without moving the arm. then 3 months of reeducation.

I also dislocated my pointer catching a handball (I was the goalie), it was bent over backwards in the middle. When I saw that, I didn't think and put it back immediately and didn't wait for the hospital exams. Seeing it bent the wrong way is a freaky sight, trust me.

Dreddz
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Breaking my leg was hella painful, but nothing was worse than walking 10 blocks with a broken arm, had to go out without my phone didnt I :(

Flying Mullet
02-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I broke my arm back when we didn't have fancy-shmancy cell phones and I had to have one of my buddies go tell my parents so that they could take me to the hospital. :p

Zeldy
02-21-2006, 09:55 PM
My worst? Hmm, probably when I was climbing over some railings and cut my stomach open. I was only 9 or 10.

But another pretty bad one was when I was about 6 or 7, I fell over and got 3 stones in my knee. It hurt like hell.

I have a scar on my cheek from playing Netball. Never play netball when someone on your team has long sharp nails. Never :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-21-2006, 10:07 PM
slipped and cut my leg (I believe there is still some glass in my knee)

DarkLadyNyara
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
When I got part of a toothpick stuck in my foot. I spent a month on crutches, and my sorry excuse for an insurance company refused to cover the prescribed painkillers. :mad:

Elite Lord Sigma
02-21-2006, 10:34 PM
My worst injury would be when I was 2. I was sitting in a furniture store when a desk on a shelf fell on me and broke my collarbone.

Shoden
02-21-2006, 10:45 PM
When I was 10 I was speeding down a hill on my back, I hit my sister and went over my handle bars about 5 metres, my leg was bruised and I pulled a few musles in it, my shoulder was badly bruised and the area beneath my eye was pouring of blood, My sister only suffered a twisted ankle. The Bike was right on top of my back though.

Levian
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I jumped down from a roof when I was kid and landed a bit wrong. on the ice. Anyway, my heel got crushed.

Jess
02-21-2006, 11:24 PM
When I cracked my head open, I was 4/5. I still have a little scar on my forehead to show for it. :(

Yuffie514
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
i had both of my hands grilled on a stove when i was about 5 years old. so, i don't like to do a lot of cooking. other than that - i've never broken a bone.

look_out_below
02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
I have a 3 way tie between the time i broke both my legs skiing, the time i almost bit my tongue off (i am one of the few people to ever get stiches on their tongue), or the time i tore my right shoulder rotor cuff mountain biking (not to mention talking all the skin off that arm at the same time, that stung a little).

Shoden
02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
I split my head open once about the age of 3-5, I have two patches on the side of my head that hair never grows but my other hair covers it.

Cruise Control
02-21-2006, 11:50 PM
I broke both my arms in 5 places, and shattered (think rice-krispies) my right cheek. Now both my wrists, my right elbow, and my right side of my face are reconstructions.

T-MaN
02-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Getting a part of the skin on my knees ripped off during a biking accident. It's nothing serious I guess because that happens to most people.

Markus. D
02-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Breaking my arm, a few fingers, and my ribs (ribs was the most lightestly broken one).... all because of me and a bmx bike and a big air.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Well i cut my index finger with the thingy when you open a can of soda.
And disloacated a bone in my hand :(
But nothing too serious.

Edit~ Oh and I forgot, when i was 5 or 6 I fell down a hill and scraped the skin from my cheek off but it healed in a few weeks. Nobody would know because there was no mark left over. Lucky i am :)

Captain Maxx Power
02-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Pushing a friend in a wheelchair. Hit a pothole. Caught the floor with face. Lost a front tooth, sliced my lip open. My top lip is now about a third larger than it was when I was a child and I have a segment of tooth still lodged in there.

JackNapier
02-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Broke alot of the bones in my foot. Pretty painful. That's what I get for trying the leap of faith (skateboarding).

Faris
02-22-2006, 01:18 AM
About 5 years ago, I fell off my bike into a pile of gravel. There are still a lot of pieces of it in my right knee.

Momiji
02-22-2006, 01:19 AM
I broke the farthest left toe on my foot when I was...hmmm guessing 11? And I did it by running into an OPEN DOORWAY. I wasn't too bright then. Other than that, just cuts and bruises. Scars are pretty cool though, and I have lots on my arms.

Meat Puppet
02-22-2006, 01:29 AM
I once broke my arm because a fat guy sat on it. I once broke my nose because I was in a hurry.

Giga Guess
02-22-2006, 02:57 AM
I was helping put flighting into an auger, and didn't get out of the way in time. Arm got caught, and I needed many, many stitches. Still have a pretty good scar.

Rocket Edge
02-22-2006, 03:11 AM
I was helping put flighting into an auger, and didn't get out of the way in time. Arm got caught, and I needed many, many stitches. Still have a pretty good scar.:(
i had to get 8 stitchs on my forehead when my brother hit me full mid-swing with a golf club. BANG! The pain was so bad.:mad:

rubah
02-22-2006, 03:12 AM
I've never broken any bones, but I have broken one of my front teeth (right bottom middle) and I sliced my pinky finger halfway in half (there's still some feeling there gone) and had a piece of rusty hog wire accidentally pushed between my toes on my right footx.x;;;

Marche
02-23-2006, 12:37 AM
youch that last one sounds like it hurt

Giga Guess
02-23-2006, 01:09 AM
:(
i had to get 8 stitchs on my forehead when my brother hit me full mid-swing with a golf club. BANG! The pain was so bad.:mad:

>_< I cringed reading that.

-Kadaj-
02-23-2006, 01:48 AM
i never had broke any bone...but when i was 16 years old i broke the window glass with my fist passing with my arm throught the broken glass laving scars all over my arm and a deep cut near a vein on my fist. and i hit the window glass just to not punch my cousin. XD

Luc
02-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Dislocating my jaw.

SoulTaker*
02-23-2006, 02:17 AM
My sister once dropped a piece of slate on my toe, in which the slate almost completely severed the top half of my toe right above the bone, anyway I had to get stitches, I didnt knoiw the toe contained so much blood BTW. Also I once had to get stitches in my lip after a fight I got into, and thats about it for significant injuries.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I stapled my finger once, dont remember if it hurt or not.

SilverWind
02-23-2006, 02:30 AM
almost getting my finger chopped of with scissors.

yuno
02-23-2006, 03:40 AM
i dislocated my left elbow once.in the middle of the street.a car nearly ran over me.

fire_of_avalon
02-23-2006, 06:24 AM
So in the third grade I was playing rocket ship.

Rocket ship was a game you played where you ran at a swing, landed on your belly and swung as high as possible like that.

I underestimated the distance, and landed with my hips on the swing instead of my belly.

I went forward like this. ---o (this is me) ___ (this is ground) and landed with my face on the ground, then my legs flipped up over my head. Basically, I did a forward tumble. With my face.

My nose was busted a little, but that's all!

Rase
02-23-2006, 07:23 AM
I broke one bone and fractured the other in my left arm after falling about six feet and landing on it at an angle. It didn't really hurt though, so that was a plus.

Raven Nox
02-23-2006, 07:32 AM
When I was in 2nd grade, me and some other kids on on of my friend's streets were playing tag, and I stupidly ran across the street, and a pick-up truck hit me. Somehow, it only hit my right arm, but it tore it open and I could see my bone and everything. Not a pretty sight.

Miriel
02-23-2006, 08:28 AM
My head cracking open when I was 3 years old. That kinda sucked.

Rusty
02-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I never get injuries. I've done lots of things that should have injured me, but not so. Just scrapes and bruises. Oh, wait. I broke my littlest toe about 6 months ago, I was walking and my toe caught the wall instead. It hurt.

Ki Ki
02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Now see, I almost lost my lunch after reading some posts. D<
My worst injury? Probably when I stapled my finger. :tongue:

X-Master
02-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I barely get injuries but my worst was a broken/fractured wrist. I put way too much weight when I do my wristers in hockey to hit the top left corner.

~SapphireStar~
02-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Ive never broken a bone in my body, touch wood. Well except my tiny toe and everyones meant to break it afew times in their life I was told, other then that no. Except my heart, thats been broken a few times.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
When I was in 2nd grade, me and some other kids on on of my friend's streets were playing tag, and I stupidly ran across the street, and a pick-up truck hit me. Somehow, it only hit my right arm, but it tore it open and I could see my bone and everything. Not a pretty sight.

I winced while I was reading this.

Sir Walkie
02-25-2006, 02:51 AM
When I was three years old I fell on a foot long like plastic tent pipe, it went through the roof of my mouth, through my nasal(sp?) cavity, and an eighth of an inch into my brain... That kinda sucked, but I don't remember much of it.

yuffiesblaze
02-25-2006, 02:57 AM
My worst was when my little brother threw a can of tomato sauce at my head giving me a concussion.

KentaRawr!
02-25-2006, 07:58 AM
I broke my nose whilst making a new karate move.

Yeah...

smittenkitten
02-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Mine would have to be smashing my head open while I was Sumo wrsetling :)

Vyk
02-25-2006, 09:36 PM
I ripped my leg open. It was lovely. Never had anything break on me (that I know of). But seen lots of my own blood..

Iceglow
02-25-2006, 10:02 PM
hmm injuries....god where to start....

*Broken all my fingers (not thumbs but fingers) first 3 were broken in an ice skating accident they could have been cut off
*Right Ankle
*3 ribs (fractures)
*left hand knuckles
*Nose (ice skating again)
*Funny Bone (right elbow took 3 fractures)
*Toes (all of them)

but the worst injury I ever had and probably will suffer is:

Shattered upper Jaw between the canines 4 major breaks and 3 fractures plus the knocking out of 2 teeth (I was 17/18 and stood up for my sister against her then boy friend when he went to hit her)

Epiphany
02-25-2006, 11:31 PM
I got hit in the eye as a kid with my brother's baseball pitch..fastball. And he was nearly drafted into the majors, so he throws damn fast.
Had a hematoma under my eye, my actual EYE, the size of my fist.

Also, and I'm probably being a gigantic wuss for this but I don't care. Two days ago my horse stepped on my big toe and completely just snapped the nail off in one go. Now I can't even put socks on without my toe having 9 loops of gauze around it, without it hurting like hell.

Fonzie
02-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Rode a Bicycle one day down a rocky road fell head first and busted my head open. Later, when i was 12 i broke my wrist by rollerskating. Dude it looked werid. It looked like a bent piece of pipe.

Mythra
03-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I have had stitches before in the head but I would have to say this hurt more:
Back in the summer between 2nd and 3rd grade (im 16 now), i walking into this portable thing at my school, and they have these heavy metal doors. Right when i got to the door, it comes flying open from the inside and the bottom part hits me right on my foot. At first i was alright but then i noticed blood soaking through my socks (wearing sandals and socks lol). So i go in and take of my sandals and socks and my big toe on my left foot was sticking straight up. Imagine a sort of right angle with your toe nail and toe.

Slade
03-13-2006, 05:02 AM
The worst one I can remember was jumping out of a tree (about 6 or 7 feet up) straight onto a 2 and a half inch nail poking out of a plank of wood. It went straight through my foot and hurt like hell. Lucky the blood didn't stain my socks, mainly because my socks were red :greenie:

It's funny, even just typing about it now, my foot tingles where the nail went through, I guess it remembers :eek:

Yuna_wannabe
03-13-2006, 05:34 AM
when my sister was picking me up out of my crib when i was 1. She dropped me on the corner and i split my head open really deep!