PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Blitzball idea?

Holy Lancer
02-22-2006, 04:21 AM
What do you think about blitzball in Final Fantasy X? Was it good to put in? It's kind of like Quittich for Harry Potter.

Zeromus_X
02-22-2006, 04:35 AM
I hated it, most likely because I suck at it. I suppose to someone who enjoys it and is good at it, would like it. :cat:

Unfortunately for me, It's the only way for Wakka to get more overdrives and his ultimate weapon...:eep:

Lexy
02-22-2006, 05:00 AM
I don't know what other people think about it, but I would guess most people hate it? A mini game in an FF should be something easy to pick up, it should be fast, and fun. I tried blitzball like, twice, and I just didn't get it- and it didn't seem potentially fun enough for me to actually go through the boredom of learning how to play it well. It was a good idea, different from the card games, that's for sure, but I was just incredibly bored while playing it.

Holy Lancer
02-22-2006, 05:16 AM
I was bored as well. I think iys a great idea to add in a sport but I could never learn how to play and I made Tidus, the great Blitzball player, play like he never had held a blitzball in his life.

SeeDRankLou
02-22-2006, 06:32 AM
The idea was a very very good one. The controls that went along with it however left something to be desired. It got a little boring after a while.

Tabris
02-22-2006, 09:00 AM
I loved the game. Actually, on my first playthrough, I have over 150 hours gameplay. Not because I spent ages levelling up, but because I spent ages playing Blitzball. But I have to agree... after playing so much Blitzball that Wakka has received his World Champion and final overdrive in two saves, I am getting a lii-iitle bit weary.

Little Blue
02-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I like it. I enjoyed playing it, but once I've got the jupiter sigil, I never play it again unless I'm really really bored...

look_out_below
02-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I personnally didnt like it. After the one time in the game that you have to play Blitzball i never went near, not even for Wakka's overdrives and weapon. Who needs them anyway, i can still kick butt in the fiend arena place and i dont have dark aeons in my game :( .

Crehan89
03-17-2006, 10:52 AM
i love the game, im pretty good at it but im sure some people out there are far better and if possible to play on it two player could absolutely woop my ass to next week, so theres room for improvement!!!:D

Chocobo King
03-30-2006, 04:38 AM
i made a thread on blitzball i think its in general final fantasy. you guys should go post in it.

EverVine
03-30-2006, 04:52 AM
I loved it. Well, as soon as I got the hang of it I loved it. Its one of my fave FF mini games. I'm not really into sports, but Blitzball would be the one sport that I would be into if it was real. But yeah, I really liked it and when I am in the mood for it I usually play it.

Shin Gouken
03-30-2006, 06:22 AM
It's a good enough idea for a game, but i didn't like being forced to play it. I'm not into those kinda games (kinda like footie games) so i got it over and done with and havn't gone back since

Markus. D
03-30-2006, 08:29 AM
I like it :)

a bit of a learning curve though.

Yuffie514
03-30-2006, 09:11 AM
i will never nominate it if there was a Best Sport of the Year award.

Dell
03-30-2006, 11:34 AM
I like it. It somehow a renew version of Quidditch and Football. Don't hate them if you don't like it, try and practice to reach victory. Blitzball is a great sidequest that FFX created.

look_out_below, what if your game have dark aeons? My game have dark aeons and it almost like chaotic for me to return to certain places that have the aeons. Wakka's overdrives really help much

Renmiri
03-30-2006, 02:24 PM
What do you think about blitzball in Final Fantasy X? Was it good to put in? It's kind of like Quittich for Harry Potter.
Blitzball owns Quidditch

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77906

http://spirablog.blogspot.com/2006/01/quidditch-versus-blitzball.html

crazybayman
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Blitzball is an awesome minigame. Yes, it takes quite a bit of tutorial reading and practice to get the hang of it, but it was a fantastic idea for a minigame. The Scouting system gave it a "real sport business" feel, as you can scout and recruit, and pay them salary to bolster your team.

Its only downfall, as already mentioned, is that you have to log so much time playing to get Wakka's Jupiter Sigil. The number of games required to play should have been far less.

Blitzball like Quiditch? More like water polo, played under water, because of the tackling and passing by throwing the ball. Then add in kicking to shoot the ball, and its almost a cross between water polo and soccer (football). Then its like ice hockey with the number of players used (1 centreman who takes the blitzoff which is like a faceoff, 2 wingers, 2 defence and a goalie).

I thought Quiditch was a freakin' ridiculous game :p , but that's just me. Its kind of stupid that the efforts of the team can be pretty much pointless is the Seeker is successful.

Renmiri
03-30-2006, 06:08 PM
I thought Quiditch was a freakin' ridiculous game :p , but that's just me. Its kind of stupid that the efforts of the team can be pretty much pointless is the Seeker is successful.
Me too!

Take the "must find Seeker" rule away and end the games when any team scores 200 (for example) and it actually gets enjoyable... As it is you can have a score of 700 X 0 and still be stuck playing a match until the darn seeker is found! :mad:

Captain Maxx Power
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
It's cool in theory, but the execution as a stat-based, chess-a-thonish mini game was less cool. I wanted to knock opponents out of the sphere a la the starting movie. Seriously if they did Blitz like THAT in-game it would have made FF10 near-perfect.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-30-2006, 06:55 PM
personally, i loved the idea, even if its a little farfetched. though there is an underwater basketball thing!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzball

clik the image under "Trivia" for more. thers also some stuff bout blitzball on that page

4evarisha
03-30-2006, 07:57 PM
It was good they should put it in.

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Well I can say it was awesome and probably much better than the other entertainment such as the triple traid card and others. Blitzball is kinda like a football but underneath the water which makes it cool I guess.

Renmiri
03-30-2006, 09:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzball

clik the image under "Trivia" for more. thers also some stuff bout blitzball on that page
Guess who added that trivia to Wikipedia ? :D

EoFF's own Aurons Ghost spotted it first, I blogged about it then posted it on Wikipedia

Leen-Leen
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
It seemed like a great idea ...

... too bad I suck at the game :p

4evarisha
04-18-2006, 07:47 PM
It was really good.

lady yunalesca
04-19-2006, 06:57 PM
blitzball was awesome!!! ffx was hot on minigames....which is a great thing!!! i love mini games!! they broke up the monotony of monster hunting and levelling up!!! plus you got wakkas overdrives and celestial weapon!!!

4evarisha
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Well I can say it was awesome and probably much better than the other entertainment such as the triple traid card and others. Blitzball is kinda like a football but underneath the water which makes it cool I guess.
yea thats true

Yliette
04-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Haha. We all are differently opinionated.

On my first game, I never understood Blitzball. I only played it again at the part before you enter Mt. Gagazet and there I got to know the rules and got hooked! IMO it's very addictive!

My boyfriend can score a goal from the other end of the Sphere Pool with just an ordinary shot. How high his shoot power could have been...? :eek:

4evarisha
04-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I know wow????