PDA

View Full Version : A question for all the trekkies like me.

Gopher Gamble
02-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Someone made a thread concerning Star Trek and it got me to thinking. You ever noticed how that when Kirk, Spock and the gang beam down to a planet it doesn't matter if it's a florishing civilization or a barren rock, Kirk will get some? What's his secret? Picard was way cooler and his romantic encounters were very few and far between. How many types of space VD did Kirk come back to earth with?

fire_of_avalon
02-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I would do Picard before Kirk. I have no idea why chicks dug him.

Captain Maxx Power
02-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Kirk was a fat "bicycle". Picard was a gentlemanly type. Kirk only got more cos he flaunted it like it was going out of fashion. All that getting some guff is something Picard didn't have time for, what with saying "Engage" and shooting Chunk.

Lychon
02-22-2006, 11:13 PM
The Next Generation pawns all other Star Treks. End of story.

-LYCHON

Gopher Gamble
02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
The Next Generation pawns all other Star Treks. End of story.

-LYCHON

Agreed. :D Who's ya'lls favorite character? Mine's Data.

fantasyjunkie
02-24-2006, 03:44 PM
I like Worf.

Obsidian
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Meh, poor Kirk. It seems that one of the only things people remember when spoofing him was that he was fat, but he was actually pretty well built in the series. :cry: He really let himself go in the movies, though.

Kirk mostly played the get-laid card as a method to get the crew out of a rather serious predicament. Picard was resourceful, but I don't think he could have pulled some of the same strings Kirk did. In turn, Kirk probably couldn't have managed a tenth of Picard's old-world brilliance. That's the beauty of it, though. Two VERY different captains. Imagine if Johnathan Frakes (Riker) had become the new captain. Roddenberry saw the better of casting someone who would be another kirk. Seven more seasons of Kirk's same old swank would have had me pulling my hair out. Plus, I also liked the fact that they used him and Troi to revive the concept of Decker and Ilia. :D

And yes, I do prefer the original cast. For me, nothing could beat the Kirk/Spock/McCoy triangle. Especially when the movie-era came along. Chekov rocked too.