PDA

View Full Version : Ducks

Psychotic
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I was walking back from town the other day, and I was thinking about stuff. And I got to thinking, ducks are smashing. I saw a duck crossing the road, and it looked like it was quite enjoying it. Please share your favourite duck experiences.

Rye
02-22-2006, 04:36 PM
The time Crash got harassed by a duck.

I like going to the local duck pond, I feed the ducks bread and they follow me everywhere. :D

DK
02-22-2006, 04:36 PM
I ate duck once, it was pretty nice. :D

Psychotic
02-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Have you ever tried duck eggs? They're pretty good, I must admit.

NeoCracker
02-22-2006, 04:37 PM
My mom hit a duck in her car before, Left a mark on the bumber and everything. Also had a friend who was obseced with ducks.

Mo-Nercy
02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I was playing CS once and a dude ducked into my headshot.

DK
I have not, no, though I have heard good things about them. Aren't they quite expensive though?

Shoden
It attacked me and started chasing me halfway around the park, that was my first non human enemy, this really happened I went to feed and it stole my my pack of fizzy cola bottles then chased me!

Rye
02-22-2006, 04:39 PM
It attacked me and started chasing me halfway around the park, that was my first non human enemy, this really happened I went to feed and it stole my my pack of fizzy cola bottles then chased me!

It was a sign of affection, Shoden. :)

Levian
02-22-2006, 04:40 PM
I've had a duck experience, but I don't wanna talk about it. :(

Psychotic
02-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I have not, no, though I have heard good things about them. Aren't they quite expensive though?They weren't for me, because I got them from the school farm. Yeah, my school had a farm before all the animals caught BSE or foot and mouth or asian bird flu.

DK
02-22-2006, 04:42 PM
I caught foot and mouth, once. It was pretty weird, my big toe got tourette's.

Rye
02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I bet PG has the cure to the asian Bird Flu.

Ducks are kinda mean. They try to bite me! :(

Resha
02-22-2006, 05:16 PM
My chemistry teacher's a duck.

Shauna
02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
I smashed a duck once. :smash:

Necronopticous
02-22-2006, 06:02 PM
At my previous college we had a huge lake in the middle of the campus with tons of ducks, between classes I'd feed them huge bags of hamburger buns I bought at the 99c store because they were so adorable walking around quacking everywhere. Those ducks were so fat by the time I graduated, I don't know what they do without me.

The absolute best experience involving this was this one time I was feeding them like normal and these two baby ducks came out. They were so young they didn't even have feathers yet but rather just kind of soft fur-like pre-feathers. Since they were young and ignorant they came right over to my feet and let me pet them, I almost died of a cuteness overload.

Rye
02-22-2006, 06:07 PM
At my previous college we had a huge lake in the middle of the campus with tons of ducks, between classes I'd feed them huge bags of hamburger buns I bought at the 99c store because they were so adorable walking around quacking everywhere. Those ducks were so fat by the time I graduated, I don't know what they do without me.

The absolute best experience involving this was this one time I was feeding them like normal and these two baby ducks came out. They were so young they didn't even have feathers yet but rather just kind of soft fur-like pre-feathers. Since they were young and ignorant they came right over to my feet and let me pet them, I almost died of a cuteness overload.

Awwww. That's so nice. :) Baby birds look cute when only have their down. We got my parrot, Harley, when he was only 2 months old, so he only had his head feathers and a few tail feathers, and the rest was down, he was adorable.

mooglebunni608
02-22-2006, 06:12 PM
We used to own ducks..... when they were babys they'd eat the feed right out my hand. so cute :D

themagicroundabout
02-22-2006, 06:53 PM
In fact, I do believe that my best experience with ducks was not all that long ago when I was on a walk around with The Crew. We encountered several ducks, apparently sleeping whilst standing on one leg! Luckily enough, there is always someone with a camera, and so a picture was tooken of this monumental occasion!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/themagicroundabout/duckssleeping.jpg

I think that ducks may be the only animal/bird (aside from flamingos and giraffes) to have this strange sleeping position!

amratis
02-22-2006, 06:56 PM
I eat them. Mmmmm. :D

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/themagicroundabout/duckssleeping.jpg

And DAMN, I wish I could do that. :(

Anaisa
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I once had to rescue a duckling, an I kept it for a while. I used to feed it bread, an take it swimming to the pond. One day some ratty little ugly kid, tried to steal my duckling. He told me the pond I took it to swim in had an electric eel in it, an it was going to fry my duckling. I told him there was no electric eel in the pond, an to keep his ugly face away from my duckling. He then agreed that there wasn't, but told me he was going to take it home, an put it in a tank with one. Then he attempted to grab it. I kicked him, and he fell back into the pond. I laughed at him, an then walked away. A few days later I took the duckling to a pond where there were lots of families of other ducks, it joined one of the families, and lived happily ever after. Last summer a duck sat next to me on a bench, an I fed it ice cream, that was fun.

Jess
02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Ducks are yummy. :spin:

SammieBabe
02-22-2006, 11:05 PM
My old apartment complex used to have ducks. We used to feed them every once in a while. And it was always cute in the late spring when their eggs would hatch and they had all these babies. But they were a little aggressive and would chase you if you got to close to them...

Shoeberto
02-22-2006, 11:10 PM
There's a joke in the town I live in, "If you're driving down the road, one lane there's a kid and in the other is a duck, which do you hit? The kid."

We have ducks that reside in the ponds that we have in the park, which become troublesome when you try to drive through the roads in between two ponds when a whole family decide to waddle across very slowly. Which is why you're fined $500 dollars for hitting a duck with your car. That's why the joke is funny, see?

Faris
02-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Once, a wild one almost came up to me, I was going to pet it, then some one came by and chased it away. :(

Craig
02-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I like the Duck and Dog ads on Sky Digital.

ScottNUMBERS
02-23-2006, 12:02 AM
There is a rubber duck in my bathtub. :cool:

yuno
02-23-2006, 03:08 AM
"why did the smurfin' duck cross the smurfin' highway?"

"because it wants to try if it can duck the smurfin' cars!"

10 on the "corny"-ness meter.

Shoden
02-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Round the town centre area is a park with a pond with Ducks, Geese and Swans. http://website.lineone.net/~d.ord/So%20Shields%20Web%20pics/So%20Marine%20Park%201.jpg

Shlup
02-23-2006, 03:22 AM
DUCKS ARE FUCKING GREAT.

XxSephirothxX
02-23-2006, 03:37 AM
A Christmas Story has forever instilled in me a respect for ducks.

nik0tine
02-23-2006, 03:56 AM
One of my favorite jokes is a duck joke.

What do you get when you cross a duck with a duck? You get a duck.

Slade
02-23-2006, 05:16 AM
Ducks are good. Geese are not. I was almost attacked by a Goose last year..............gave me the creeps :cry:

fire_of_avalon
02-23-2006, 06:16 AM
I HAVE A DUCK STORY.

So one time i had this crazy crush on this boy, this was way before Matt and it was maybe Junior year of high school (16-17 years old) and I realized nothing would ever happen. So I go to the park for this churchy cookout with friends and I kind of wander off cause everybody has someone they're lached onto (including my best friend and her boyfriend) so I go look at the ducks on the lake and just commune with nature as much as you can sitting at a fake lake beside a busy street. And I decide, you know what; it ain't so bad. Solitude is something people take for granted sometimes. Being alone is good for your thought process, it's good for your soul. And there are things in nature that get along just fine while they're alone. Like ducks! Right ducks?

I look over my shoulder.

And the ducks are having sex.

Needless to say, I scowled aplenty.

Miriel
02-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm making a mental note of everyone who makes a thread about birds or has any sort of bird related signature/avatar. :mad2:

nik0tine
02-23-2006, 07:55 AM
It's the bird flu is what it is.

Christmas
03-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Holy, the young Psychotic was quite similar to the old me when it comes to making threads. That is really scary. Was I programmed to emulate him? :ohdear:

Psychotic
03-12-2022, 08:17 PM
Still think ducks are smashing, 16 years on.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2022, 03:51 AM
There's some ducks round the lake where I go a-walkin' sometimes, and I swear to god they deliberately bully the swans.

Dr. Acula
03-13-2022, 04:27 AM
That sounds like the wrong way round. Swans are vicious.

Christmas
03-13-2022, 04:36 AM
So they aren't complimenting me when they said I am like a swan. :mymelbert:

And here I am otw to make my neck longer to make me closer to a swan. :(

Dr. Acula
03-13-2022, 04:54 AM
Bypass the swan thing and become a giraffe!

Christmas
03-13-2022, 05:37 AM
I was looking into being a dragon but then I heard people uses that to describe their penis. :(

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2022, 05:40 AM
Who on gods green earth is describing their member using anything even vaguely draconic?

DK
03-18-2022, 04:50 PM
Who on gods green earth is describing their member using anything even vaguely draconic?

Steve, obviously