PDA

View Full Version : Desert Rose

Shoden
02-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I just thought, is there any significant point in getting this thing? it only gets you a gold chocobo which could be entirely useless to you, the one that may have been used to get KOTR could be faster and in a better class at racing than the one the old man gives you, do you think this item is a worthy reward for working your arse off to beat Ruby weapon?]

And this maybe named after an old spam thread but err try not to spam it *stares at Neel*

TheSpoonyBard
02-22-2006, 04:59 PM
The only purpoe of getting the Desert Rose is to get a Gold Chocobo. I guess that for first-time players who have never heard of GameFAQs.com, it may be their only way of getting a Gold Chocobo. Then again, the likelihood of a first-time player beating Ruby is pretty slim.

I don't think the reward of a Gold Chocobo is particularly worthwhile. I much prefer trading the Earth Harp.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-22-2006, 05:37 PM
i've never had a gold chocobo :( tho ive played thru millions of times. i jus never went to the extent of gettin e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g on ff7, i jus got some of the stuff

Shoden
02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
You should get something like a way to revive Aeris, lv 5 Limit break, new spell or summon!

Rhi
02-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I much prefer trading the Earth Harp.
i dont. i prefer levelling up the materia as i am training my characters to get 3 sets of master materia (except for the summon, you need to go into the Crater to get KoTR enough ap)

in my opinion, they're both shortcuts to get a rare treasure

TheSpoonyBard
02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
I meant I feel the reward from the Earth Harp is more worthwhile than the reward from the Desert Rose.

Rhi
02-22-2006, 07:44 PM
oh, same, but it's still not that great, if you know how to get them normally (something i didn't know until a few months ago)

cloud_doll
02-22-2006, 09:58 PM
what do you get when you trade in earth harp?

Fonzie
02-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Master Materia

Captain Maxx Power
02-22-2006, 11:53 PM
I meant I feel the reward from the Earth Harp is more worthwhile than the reward from the Desert Rose.

Considering that once you do get this reward the hardest enemy in the game has already been defeated, it's a kind of "completist" thing more than anything else.

chronic_Maniac
02-23-2006, 01:25 AM
I always say this on the ruby and emerald threads and that is to keep them alive!! kill ultima to get ultima weapon of course. Also level up materia and stats and then go fight them for fun. this is helpful in making them easier to beat all together. Like having underwater and hp plus only when you fight emerald. If you have 9999 hp on that one charater use items to cure and when he uses one of its attacks you'll go in too all lucky sevens. another thing is to have all lucky when you go in and after you hit him with all your attacks use comet 2 w - magic so the comets take 7777 damage a hit. There no need for Kotr. As for the ruby, either the boring bahamut zero - qurado magic or KOTR/ HAdes w- summon trick. Also if you dig on these threads look at some of the ruby posts and one will tell you how to keep you other team mates alive too. Anyways if you kill them don't ever expect another challenge in that saved file. Sure you can always do old equipment to make sephy hard but still you will be victorious.

But on the subject I would want the earth harp more then I would want the destert rose anyday. but what about that guide book isn't that so cool.

Rhi
02-23-2006, 04:48 PM
the guide book is useful, cause of the underwater materia. but, i agree with Captain Maxx Power, thinking about it, they are just items for people who want everything in the game

Project G
02-24-2006, 02:42 PM
You can also get master materia by mastering one of every magic and command materia and go to the huge materias.

Or is it the actual master materia?

Rhi
02-24-2006, 06:11 PM
dunno, but yeah, the huge materia 'give' you the master materia