PDA

View Full Version : Serious Computer Help

Dreddz
02-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Ok, I have to type this on my Mac as my laptop has froze. Well, this timr its really bad. My laptop was crashing quite bad today, soon it just froze, but then it went to a Blue screen saying my computer had to shut down to stop any damage to my compter, I thought that was good. But even though my computer says its off, but this screen has been on my computer still. My computer wont turn back on, its like my computer is just a box with nothing in it. Its seriously broken, what should I do ?

edczxcvbnm
02-22-2006, 05:47 PM
If your computer is turned off with no power then how does the screen have power to display this screen? That makes zero sense.

My suggestion is that it didn't shut down right. Hold press F8 while your computer is loading and when you get an option screen choose to load with the last known good configuration. That might work.

Dreddz
02-22-2006, 07:38 PM
phew, its ok people, everythings ok. My laptop was still running on its battery and thus it was on even though it was unplugged. Still, there was something really wrong with my computer....
EDIT - My computer is being very slow when I started it up again, What do you thin Ive done, and what do you think I should do about it ?

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
If system restore is on you could return it to a time before your meltdown. That might work. Uhhh...Defrag can help some...check background processing to see if you have something eating up tons of processing power or RAM...stuff?

o_O
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Have you done anything involving resizing/moving/changing your boot partition? I suggest you run chkdsk/scandisk and memtest and see if anything comes up. Also, what temperature was your laptop at when it crashed?

System restore points can be a good way of restoring stuff, but if you have a hardware problem they won't be much help.

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2006, 11:13 PM
I always start at the software/file level first. I have had system crashes were all I had to do was a restore point and everything was back to normal speed.

That other stuff is good but it is out of order in my order of operations XD