PDA

View Full Version : Three Rpg's

The Last Ancient
02-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Ok three new rpg's have come out recently and I'm a little strapped for cash so wondering which one to get. Tales of Legendia, Grandia 3, and Drakengard 2(not an rpg but still I'm thinkin about gettin it.) I'm not as concerned about the gameplay as much as story, characters, music.

Tales of Legendia - Never played any of the tales series, so it's least likely I'll get it. Heard it had typical story but good characters with hit or miss voice acting and music.

Grandia 3 - Played 2 and enjoyed it a lot but it got too preachy at the end, never played 1 (desperatly want to). Heard it has a good story that fizzles out and fantastic gameplay.

Drakengard 2 - Played the first one, enjoyed it but felt there wasn't enough story too much hack n' slash. I don't mind all the hack n' slash but I want more story to go with it. I've heard the story is good in this game but is it as seldom as the first one?? For example, I enjoyed the characters in Dragon Quest 8 but they never did anything with them and it pissed me off.

Just curious what your opinions are. With so many great games coming up I want to be select with which games I but until then, so any info would help a lot, thanx.

Dreddz
02-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Well, I say you get Grandia III
If you have only played Grandia II and thats reason to get the third, you should definately get the third. Grandia II is a very poor version of the first and third, so I definately recommend getting the Third, its amazing.

Lindy
02-22-2006, 09:34 PM
I find it really funny that people are so shocked that Grandia III has a promising story that descends into incredibly cheesy crap.

Both of the previous games were EXACTLY like that as well, with characters so upbeat that you just WISHED they would be slaughtered by the next boss you fought.

But they had equally excellent battle systems.

Ugh, must kill Justin and Elena.

Dreddz
02-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Grandia is annoying in the fact that Characters leave without any notice at all, annoying as hell.

The Last Ancient
02-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Well there is unfortunetly more often an Elena in a game then not (marle, lilia, luna, nina), she wasn't as bad as some. Ryudo was interesting in that he wasn't the boring typical protagonist. My problem was at the end every two seconds every character had the explain their motivation and tell us what they learned.

ughhis
02-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Mediocrity.

Don't buy any of them.

Crossblades
02-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Get Tales of Legendia. It's not the best RPG or Tales game, but it is enjoyable.