PDA

View Full Version : Sexiest Weapon type?

Markus. D
02-23-2006, 04:17 AM
in your eyes, what do you think has provided you with the most awesome looking type of weapon.

for me its: Scythes and Wands always seem to be sophisticated, love em.

what about you all?

chronic_Maniac
02-23-2006, 05:08 AM
I think I look nice carrying the great sword. anyone one know the best job for each weapon? I know the easiest is mnk is best with hand to hand. while to say great axes or great swords who do those belong to? There most be a level system on how good each job gets with a waepon right? Anyways PM me and tell me I don't wanna wreak the thread. Anyways a good looking weapon are the ninja or samurii swords,

Rostum
02-23-2006, 05:26 AM
I think I look nice carrying the great sword. anyone one know the best job for each weapon? I know the easiest is mnk is best with hand to hand. while to say great axes or great swords who do those belong to? There most be a level system on how good each job gets with a waepon right? Anyways PM me and tell me I don't wanna wreak the thread. Anyways a good looking weapon are the ninja or samurii swords,

Gsword is good for DRK, GAxe and Axe are good for WAR, sword and shield is good for PLD, Ninja is katana, THF is dagger and sword, SAM is GKatana and Polearm, DRG is polearm, etc...

I like sword and shield, and I like the whole dual axe and GAxe thing.

Lionx
02-23-2006, 06:44 AM
I actually like Hammer and Shield, traditionally, WHM has always used a Hammer, however they not always be able to use a Shield, and i also really like the concept of Sword and Shield, so Hammer and Shield(that looks like a Diamond shield on mine) is as close and as cool as you can get. I might swing a little slower but its cool :3

Gustafson
02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I personally think that Great Katanas look pretty nice.

Also, here is a list of the most common weapons for jobs. You can also find a weapon rating list at www.killingifrit.com.

WAR: Great Axe, Axe, Sword, and Great Sword
MNK: Hand to Hand
RDM: Sword and Staff
WHM: Club and Staff
BLM: Staff and sometimes Clubs and Daggers
THF: Daggers and Swords
PLD: Sword and Great Sword
DRK: Scythe, Great Sword, and Great Axe
SMN: Staffs and Clubs
RNG: Dagger, Axe, Crossbow, Bow, and Gun
DRG: Polearm
SAM: Great Katana and Polearm
NIN: Katana and Great Katana
BRD: Staffs, Clubs, and Daggers
BST: Axe, Sword, and Staff

Think I covered all the jobs. Hope that helps

Ouch!
02-23-2006, 10:09 PM
RDM: Sword and Staff
I find it appropriate to mention that the only reason a RDM should equip a staff would be for the stats that go along with it (elemental staves for the win). It's good to note that RDM don't even have a staff skill and have to rely on their subs for it. That makes them utter crap with staffs in a melee situation. Dagger and clubs are nice too, though.

Other than that, it seemed pretty clean to me. I'm not too sure I agree with WAR and Great Sword, though. It's definitely not their best weapon.

Personally, I though I looked pretty badass with a scythe across my back as my DRK. Great swords looked awesome too. I have to say, most races look awkward with great swords, but tarutaru and galka pull it off well.

charles55021
02-23-2006, 11:02 PM
in my personal trial and error i find that i like swords over axes for my war i get to attack faster

escobert
02-24-2006, 01:50 AM
Scythes are my favorite, I think they're the most beutful weapon ever made ^_^

Luc
02-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Staffs. ;D

Miriel
02-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I thought the Halloween pitchfork was pretty damn sexy.

Yeargdribble
02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
in my personal trial and error i find that i like swords over axes for my war i get to attack faster

You attack faster but for less damage and with less inherent accuracy. WAR is A+ in Great Axe and I believe A- in one-handed Axes.

Gustafson
02-24-2006, 02:56 PM
WAR is tricky. They can use almost every type of weapon, but only a few truely shine. The main ones I level with my WAR are Axe, Great Axe, and Sword. My favorite xp weapon is dual weilding axes, but each weapon has its place. Great Axe and Sword are nice to have capped so when (if) you fight gods you can be versatile. Great Axe is awesome for Raging Rush and Sword is nice for Spirits Within (given you have a nice bit of HP+ gear). The choice is yours what to use, but I recommend keeping those threee capped. Hoped this helps some.

Ouch!
02-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Attacking faster is a common misconception of how good a weapon is. Both axe and great axe have a much higher damage output than the sword. As Captain WTF!? mentioned, great axe and axe both have a higher cap (I'm pretty sure they're both A+) than sword (B, I think). Since each skill point in a weapon is worth .9 accuracy and .9 attack, that builds up to a significantly higher accuracy and attack which means you'll be hitting more often and for more damage. Sure, you attack slower, but the bigger numbers more than make up for it.

vampirepiggyhunter7
02-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Sexiest: Whip XD
Awesomest: Scythe or Fast Sword

Lionx
02-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Sword and Axe attack at the same speed, very little difference, making Sword inferior to Axe. Check the Delay ratios to see that theres no difference in them save just a few miliseconds.

I personally wouldnt care about Sword until endgame.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
02-25-2006, 02:22 AM
My Fav is tied Great Sword & Scythe
Both look Hawt on my Female Hume Char
I'm a Drk so im kinda Biased.

Every Weapon type has at least one cool looking weapon though.

Yuffie514
02-25-2006, 07:18 AM
claws, spears, and katanas.

zell1990
03-13-2006, 08:10 AM
RDM with AF and sword/shield. i less than three them ^_^;