PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to spoil it for me? (Gonna contain spoilers, guys.)

feioncastor
02-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Okay, I'm at the part where you have to fight Sin's three parts, and he uses that Gravija thing on you that wastes you, quick.

I can't beat the guy, and I really don't care to, because I really don't like the game all too much, but I do like the story.

So will someone tell me what's up?

Why is Auron so freaking... the way he is all the time? Like when Zanarkand was being destroyed, and Auron just stood their calmly saying things like "They called it sin." as the city was crumbling around him. He seems to know the answers to all the mysterious questions about the story, but he never outright says them. He hints onto them, and that's lame. Why doesn't he just come out and say it?!?!

And is Yevon a bad guy? Everyone worships him, but by this time in the game, I'm questioning that.

And was Tidus really from Zanarkand? Was it really destroyed a thousand years before the time of Wakka and all those guys?

And if Yevon is a bad guy, how did it get all twisted about him being a good guy? And is Jecht really sin? If so, how did he turn from a regular dude into a huge... sin?

And Yunalesca... Why you gotta play a brother like that?

I thought Yunalesca was supposed to be this great nice person, and she tries to ace you! She actually did get me once or twice before I finally got her, but even so.

Why is everything so bass ackwards in that game????

dragontamer
02-23-2006, 12:41 PM
simple.for a start aurons dead. yunalesca killed him. ject was braskas sacrifice thus he became sin. yevon was the leder of zanarkand yunaleska was his daughter. she killed sin in exchange 4 her fathers honer. tidus isnt real. when zanarkand was destroyed the fayths made a 'dream world' tidus and zanarkind are just a dream. does that about cover your questions.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-23-2006, 01:10 PM
If you're fighting Sin, all of these questions should have been answered by now. Auron acts the way he does because he's awesome.

dragontamer
02-23-2006, 01:14 PM
if you say so. i find he lets his blade do the talking just a bit too often.

BG-57
02-23-2006, 02:32 PM
And is Yevon a bad guy? Everyone worships him, but by this time in the game, I'm questioning that.

Yevon was faced with the complete annihilation of his Zanarkand by the superior weaponary of Bevelle. Out of a somewhat warped love for the city and its people, he opted to have everyone die and become Fayth so he could summon a Zanarkand made of their dreams so it would be forever untouchable.

Yevon is now consumed by the summoning and neither good nor evil or even awake or asleep. He simply exists for the continued summoning of Dream Zanarkand. The problem is that Sin was formed as a protective armor for Yevon, and Sin is inherently destructive.

Bevelle adopted a religion around appeasing Yevon. Which is why they (supposedly) gave up weapons and technology. Which is also why Yevon worshippers persecutes the Al Bhed. Not just for their love of technology, but also their distain for the deification of Yevon.

And was Tidus really from Zanarkand? Was it really destroyed a thousand years before the time of Wakka and all those guys?

Tidus is not from the city that was destroyed 1000 years ago. He is from the present-day Dream Zanarkand that evolved from the original dream started 1000 years before. It's evolved like any city, which is why it doesn't resemble the ruins of Zanarkand at all. Sin merely moved Tidus in space, not in time. Although it sounds like a ghostly metropolis, everyone there is coporeal.

And if Yevon is a bad guy, how did it get all twisted about him being a good guy? And is Jecht really sin? If so, how did he turn from a regular dude into a huge... sin?

Each Summoner's Final Aeon can defeat Sin, but the Final Aeon becomes reborn as the next Sin.

I thought Yunalesca was supposed to be this great nice person, and she tries to ace you! She actually did get me once or twice before I finally got her, but even so.

She's gone insane over the last 1000 years. Remember that she chose her husband Zaon as her Final Aeon to defeat the first Sin. She remains convinced that the only way to keep Sin at bay is for a Summoner to sacrifice both themselves and their closest friend. When Yuna refuses to choose any of her friends as a Final Aeon, she decided to kill Yuna as a mercy. In Yunalesca's mind, Yuna's the insane one for refusing to choose.

Why is everything so bass ackwards in that game????

Is this a rhetorical question?

Little Blue
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
A lot of this is just going to repeat what BG-57 and others have said, but I'll say it anyway as I have other points to add...

Spoliers below...

Why is Auron so freaking... the way he is all the time? Like when Zanarkand was being destroyed, and Auron just stood their calmly saying things like "They called it sin." as the city was crumbling around him. He seems to know the answers to all the mysterious questions about the story, but he never outright says them. He hints onto them, and that's lame. Why doesn't he just come out and say it?!?!He's already done the pilgrimage before, he knows what's going to happen (in terms of the pilgrimage at least). He's also dead, and a bad ass tough guy by this point in the game. He knows what Sin is so he has no reason to fear it, and if he let out all the secrets early, the story that you love so much would not last very long. He even gives a reason why he never tells anything :"If I told you, would it have stopped you from coming?" (something like that) meaning that it would have been pointless to reveal it earlier.

And is Yevon a bad guy? Everyone worships him, but by this time in the game, I'm questioning that.No Yevon is not a bad guy, or a good guy, he merely exists to summon. Zanarkand was losing the machina war to Bevelle. In a last hope to preserve his city, he commanded the people to become the Fayth that we see on Gagazet, and he created Sin as an armour to protect him while he summoned Zanarkand from within Sin.

According to Maechen, and other sources, Bevelle discovered the Fayth on Gagazet, and Sin. They assumed Yevon summoned it from those fayth, and to quell his wrath they began glorifying him, hence came about the Yevon church. Yunalesca also played her part in this by giving the Church a purpose to allow the people hope. (A somewhat summarised account)

And was Tidus really from Zanarkand? Was it really destroyed a thousand years before the time of Wakka and all those guys?No, Tidus is not from the Zanarkand 1000 years ago, before it was destroyed, Tidus is a summoned being from Dream Zanarkand. ie, he is an Aeon just like the rest of Zanarkand, and like all aeons, they have a physical presence in Spira when being Summoned. All Sin did was drag Tidus from where ever Dream Zanarkand is located and dump him in Baaj.

And if Yevon is a bad guy, how did it get all twisted about him being a good guy? And is Jecht really sin? If so, how did he turn from a regular dude into a huge... sin?Jecht is Sin. He became the fayth of the final aeon for Braka's final summoning. When itdefeated Sin, Yun Yevon possessed Jecht, using him to build a new Sin on.

Also, BG-57, I'm willing to bet that not every final aeon succeeds. If the bond is not strong enough, the aeon would fail. I know people would argue that Yunalesca wouldn't grant a final aeon unless the bond was super uber strong betweent the fayth and the summoner, but she wishes to give people hope, so I believe she would allow them to use the final summoning in case they did defeat Sin. Seymour nd his mom are a perfect example of this, Seymour is 100% unwilling to let this happen before his mom becomes anima, yet Yunalesca stll granted him the power.

And Yunalesca... Why you gotta play a brother like that?

I thought Yunalesca was supposed to be this great nice person, and she tries to ace you! She actually did get me once or twice before I finally got her, but even so.She believes that only people who have hope should live. When Yuna refused to accept the final summoning, she got a bit mad, and offered to liberate the gang from their sorrow, by death if neccessary, in a similar way to Seymour actually. It seems the only sain unsent summoner is Belgemine...

BG-57
02-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Also, BG-57, I'm willing to bet that not every final aeon succeeds. If the bond is not strong enough, the aeon would fail. I know people would argue that Yunalesca wouldn't grant a final aeon unless the bond was super uber strong betweent the fayth and the summoner, but she wishes to give people hope, so I believe she would allow them to use the final summoning in case they did defeat Sin. Seymour nd his mom are a perfect example of this, Seymour is 100% unwilling to let this happen before his mom becomes anima, yet Yunalesca stll granted him the power.

That's reasonable considering Sin was only defeated about six times in 1000 years. For every successful Summoner there must have been dozens more that failed on the pilgrimage.

Although Anima was clearly intended to be Seymour's Final Aeon, she behaves more like a regular Aeon.

Little Blue
02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
So would Jecht had he been summoned against fiends or by another summoner...

dragontamer
02-23-2006, 08:37 PM
:whoa: :whoa: aurons ghost, can i ask u somthing?
WHEN DID U HAVE TIME TO LEARN ALL THAT???????:eek:
ive played the twice and i didnt pick up on half of that!!!!!

Lost Number
02-23-2006, 08:40 PM
There are a lot of people like that. Wait til you see some of FEs theories

Little Blue
02-23-2006, 08:50 PM
:whoa: :whoa: aurons ghost, can i ask u somthing?
WHEN DID U HAVE TIME TO LEARN ALL THAT???????:eek:
ive played the twice and i didnt pick up on half of that!!!!!
lol, I just like looking into the story in a great amount of detail...

Of course forums like this are very handy for learning stuff

Acid Raine
02-23-2006, 09:02 PM
lol, I just like looking into the story in a great amount of detail...

Of course forums like this are very handy for learning stuff

FF fans are the most psychotic analytical people out there. They take everything ANYONE says, character, NPC, anyone, and comes up with a whole history of how the plot came about.

dragontamer
02-23-2006, 09:10 PM
still, i pride myself in finding out that sort of stuff (the curse of being an only child) and... whoa....

Masamune·1600
02-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Each Summoner's Final Aeon can defeat Sin, but the Final Aeon becomes reborn as the next Sin.

It's actually something of an oversimplification to say that the Final Aeons are "reborn as Sin." The FFX Ultimania Omega guide makes it clear that Sin is comprised from a vast amount of pyreflies, which suggests to me that the erstwhile Final Aeon acts more as a "heart," an anchor for the overall pyrefly-comprised armor. Yu Yevon himself possesses the Final Aeon, which allows for the "reconstruction" of Sin. Prior to the first Final Summoning, Yu Yevon himself (retaining a fully corporeal form) would have acted as this anchor.