PDA

View Full Version : Im Planning on doing an Ultimate Save File

Dreddz
02-23-2006, 08:48 PM
When I mean Ultimate save file, I mean maxed out characters, maxed out Materia, all sidequests/secrets completed, all Items/weapons.
I know it might take long, but The feel of satisfaction will be great. Im starting it tomorrow and I am using a guide to make sure not to miss out anything.
Anyone else done one of these ?

Zeromus_X
02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
So this means you need to master at least one copy of every materia?

Just for clarification and all...:cat:

Dreddz
02-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes, every Materia.

Fatal Impurity
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
how about the secret materia like the break/shield/tornado/ultima combination materia?

Tempest
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I've done it once. It takes a damn long time too. Magic Pots make it a lot quicker. So have a lot of elixers when you get to the North Crater.

Masamune·1600
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
GameFAQs provides a Perfect Game FAQ that covers rare and missable items, materia, and the like in detail. While the guide is not perfect--the last time I checked, it didn't note that one can keep the A, B, and C Coupon rare items--it's very close.

"Ultimate files" can take on a number of definitions. Do you intend, for example, to get at least one of every item, or the maximum number of every item? I've been working on the latter on and off for a long time, and I can assure you that patience, above all else, is critical.

Dreddz
02-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Not so much Items, except Key Items, I need all the weapons, Armor etc.
All.
Im not spending all my time on this, Im gonna dip in and out, and I will hopefully have it done by september.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-23-2006, 09:50 PM
to get e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. will take a little longer than that. but of course u will at the end think "i have achieved the most amazing thing ever!!!" . . . . or it will have the opposite effect "well that was amassive waste of time!"

a nirvana fan
02-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Ok if your doing this I would reccommend you in buying a completely new memory card to make sure it doesnt get deleted because your original memory card is getting old or something.

Dreddz
02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok if your doing this I would reccommend you in buying a completely new memory card to make sure it doesnt get deleted because your original memory card is getting old or something.
Ive got about Memory card with 5 blocks left, thats enough I would think.

to get e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. will take a little longer than that. but of course u will at the end think "i have achieved the most amazing thing ever!!!" . . . . or it will have the opposite effect "well that was amassive waste of time!"
FFVII is my favourite game of all time, and I want to have at least one Ultimate Save file witha game, and I picked FFVII. I will definately not find this a waste of time.

Fonzie
02-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Yes it is a big waste of time. You could be helping people find the cure for cancer or something much better to do like...going outside.

chronic_Maniac
02-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Well I got all the weapons armor acc and materia. 8 master summons master commands and master magics. I aslo keep emerald and ruby alive for the good fight they can give. I also got all my stats up for most of my charatcers. 255. If you are going to do the master file, make sure you got a lot of time on your hands cause bringing your stats up to 255 is very hard and long.

abel
03-05-2006, 05:01 PM
i did it for ff9.........but couldnt get excallibur 2........hehe

Stayin Dizzy
03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I already have such a save file, want me to save you the time and just give it to ya?

Crop
03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah ive done it too, but I accidentally deleted it. Then the backup file on another memory card has been lost, and I cant find it. It was a waste of time when I think about it.