PDA

View Full Version : The Last Mortal Combat

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-23-2006, 08:59 PM
whos picking it up?

Mo-Nercy
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Mortal Kombat buddy.

And as much as I respect the series for it's goryness and awesome characters, I've never bought an MK game (nor played one for more than 20 minutes). The only one I ever came close to buying was Shaolin Monks and in the end I bought Tekken 5 with the money.

So no.

Dreddz
Why isnt there a NO option.
I will not be buying any Mortal Kombat ever....

Erdrick Holmes
Wait, Last MK meaning no more games in the series?

HALLELUJIA.

a nirvana fan
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
What is the "last mortal kombat"? and I said yes because I get every Mortal Kombat as it is in my opinion the second best fighting game ever.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-23-2006, 09:40 PM
What is the "last mortal kombat"?
the last game of the series

a nirvana fan
02-23-2006, 09:57 PM
the last game of the series

Maybe a little more detail please.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-23-2006, 10:02 PM
as in no more games will b made after

a nirvana fan
02-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I mean some links to information about it would be nice and the actual NAME of the game not just the last mortal kombat.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-23-2006, 10:14 PM
its called mortal kombat: armagedon its midsway last mortal kombat game so.........enjoy :D

JackNapier
02-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Wow never thought I'd see the day that Mortal Kombat died.

Erdrick Holmes
02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm happy for it, no more sucky fighting games.

KentaRawr!
02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
At this rate Final Fantasy is going to die in 3 more games. >_>

And no. I am not picking it up. Not a big fan of the games. n_n;

Dreddz
02-23-2006, 10:24 PM
no more sucky fighting games.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/857/hoorayimage2235748vx.jpg

Vaprice
02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Sure I'll pick up the game... and then put it back down on the shelves.

~SapphireStar~
02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
I will not be buying any Mortal Kombat ever....

mega_tonberry
02-24-2006, 12:27 AM
I don't care for the series that much but the original MK was one of the first games I ever played so I have a special place for it. I will probally buy.

Lychon
02-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Mortal Kombat RULES. It will never die and all you haters should BOW DOWN!!!

MORTAL KOMBAT!

-LYCHON

Rase
02-24-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm not too fond of the recent ones, but I still enjoy playing Mortal Kombat II on the SNES with some friends. :) This one will probably be another pass for me though.

JackNapier
02-24-2006, 01:20 AM
True, the past few games sucked pretty majorly. But since it's the last game I'll get it. As a farewell to one of my favorite game series'.

Fonzie
02-24-2006, 01:55 AM
If you give me 60$ i will.

~SapphireStar~
02-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Mortal Kombat RULES. It will never die and all you haters should BOW DOWN!!!
It is dying, this is meant to be the last in the series ... and make us bow down wrench. Seriously get over it, it isnt the best fighting game for everyone, IMO, Tekken is by far more superior.

Erdrick Holmes
02-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Virtua Fighter can still kick it's ass.

Dreddz
02-24-2006, 09:14 PM
And Tekken could Kick VF's ass :p

a nirvana fan
02-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow never thought I'd see the day that Mortal Kombat died.

You seem so shocked, c'mon you seriously didn't see it? I knew it was going to end sometime, don't get me wrong I absolutely love Mortal Kombat but I think this is the time for it to end.

Erdrick Holmes
02-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Maybe MKm ight have lasted longer if they didn't have such crappy character design and just made ninjas that had every colour of the rainbow. Seriously, the character select screen of MK2-4 made my eyes hurt. I mean what's the point of being a ninja if your outfit is bright and makes you anything BUT stealthy?

nik0tine
02-24-2006, 10:02 PM
He was not a Ninja. He was Lin-Quei!

(I doubt i'll be buying this since fighting games in general tend to suck)

DMKA
02-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Boon explains: "Armageddon WILL be the last MK game that will be made ... for this generation [Xbox 1, PS2] of consoles." The focus of the game will be the culmination of most, if not all, existing storylines, something that Mortal Kombat has always focused on, where many fighting games do not. Not only will Armageddon be the last fighter on this generation of hardware, but it will also be the last MK game that incorporates the fighting engine that has been in use since Deadly Alliance. What do future platforms hold in store for the series? Time will tell; Ed Boon, unfortunately, will not!
It's the last game on this gen of consoles, not the last MK game. How could anyone actually think MK would die in our lifetimes? Despite what you (and Joel) may think, MK has a big fanbase that pay big bucks for each new game.

As far as me buying it...nope. I haven't played an MK game since MK Trilogy. When they went 3D I had no more interest in them. I have to give MK props in the fact that they were so original...the way they focused on storylines was original, the storylines in themselves were original, they were the first to have finishing moves and content so gory that America demanded a rating system on video games, and they were the first to do character models in the way they did.

I just suck at the controls. I'm more of a Street Fighter person.

Dreddz
02-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Despite the Mature theme, its a very kiddy Fighter MK is.....

Erdrick Holmes
02-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I think MK should have been dubbed "Fisher Price's: My First Fighting Game".

Dreddz
02-24-2006, 10:35 PM
"Fisher Price's: My First Fighting Game"
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6688/20050317laughing0lq.jpg

MecaKane
02-24-2006, 10:42 PM
"Fisher Price's: My First Fighting Game".

Whoops, I Thought I had stumbled onto a Marvel vs Capcom thread for a second!

Mortal Kombat is cool, I'm happy to hear there's gonna be more!

P.S. That picture of a baby has got to be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in my life, it is the pinnacle of comedy brilliance.

Erdrick Holmes
02-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Dispite Kane's terrible sarcasim attempt that actually is kinda funny.

Markus. D
02-25-2006, 03:35 AM
I want the 2d fighting back.

Shoden
02-25-2006, 03:45 AM
Oh man, it's coming to an end and it was getting good aswell. That baby looks badass, is that the main villain? Wouldn't like to see it's fatalities, it could any Kmobater anyday!

DMKA
02-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Oh man, it's coming to an end and it was getting good aswell. That baby looks badass, is that the main villain? Wouldn't like to see it's fatalities, it could any Kmobater anyday!
Did you read my last post? It's not coming to an end, it's just going to be the last one of this gen of consoles, meaning the next one will be on PS3/Xbox 360/Revolution. No more on Xbox or PS2.

SoulTaker*
02-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Despite the Mature theme, its a very kiddy Fighter MK is.....
Not trying to dis street fighter I love it, but Mortal Kombat is a way better fighter in terms of difficulty, in Street Fighter 3rd Strike theirs only so far you can go with the moves system, not many different combo's, its to based on your special attacks, while MK combo system is great, switching from different martial art styles on the fly during a combo. Nobody can take the depth aspect of Mortal Kombat away, and it made it cool to have a storyline in a fighter. Now Tekken 5 and DOA are better fighters than the recent Mortal Kombat games, and I love 2d fighters, but I dont care what you say the Mortal Kombat series is far superior as a whole. Come on, tell me you didnt shed a tear when you performed your first Brutality.

Dreddz
02-25-2006, 11:30 AM
I like SF as you can tune the difficulty to your own expertise with the game. So you could go stupidly hard and tune it to the highest Difficulty. Or tune it down if you just want an evenly matched fight.
Although I dont own MKDA, Ive played it and its simplicity is painful. Firstly the AI dont actually surprise you with any Attack. They would just be walking towards you mashing X,X as it would seem and that for one made the game easy seeing as you can use all this to your advantage.
Thus, even with MK's option for players to choose 1 of 3 stances for a character, each stance changes little about how you use the character. Seems like it was added in for some brownie points with people who complain that the game was maybe too simplistic and that it would heat up gameplay more, well it didnt.
Also, even with characters moves looking authentic and all, they still seem to move like robots.

Lionx
02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
If MK's Stances affected your character as much as CvS2's Grooves does, then i might be interested...that and the Ninjas are pitiful...i mean i know Capcom does have a problem with their Shotos...but still THATS ALOT of Ninjas..-_-

Not interested..MK usually is not welcomed in most competitive fighting games and i am usually am not interested if it isnt in the lineup which means: Its not balanced or deep enough. CvS2 and 3rd strike ftw. The only exception to this is Smash Bros to me, but then again theres no Arcade or anything for Smash bros so its sorta already understood its gonna be underground.