PDA

View Full Version : Saddest stories (Remember SPOILER tags)

Hexarar
02-24-2006, 02:01 PM
So, which one of the FFVI characters (both PCs and NPCs) had the saddest story? I, personally, am thinking of Shadow. To leave your friend to a certain, prolly slow and painful death and then killing off your emotions... it gives me creeps.

Stayin Dizzy
02-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Odin

starseeker
02-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Cyan, because of all he went through because of what happened to his family

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2006, 05:56 PM
At least Cayenne and Locke both had their respective loved ones basically say, "Relax, it's okay that I died!" Gau has to live with the fact that his father has no idea who he is--and can never know, since he's become batty as all hell.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
02-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Shadow, also known as Barom... He died an enigma even if he didn't die on the floating continent, at the end... He died without anyone, aside from Strago, knowing truly of his life, his past, his purpose or being... He had a daughter, a lover, but that was all taken away leaving only a 'Shadow' of the man he once was... But then there's Gau... Another sad tale of an unwanted child... Not even fit to be an 'orphan'... :cry:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Shadow, also known as Barom... He died an enigma even if he didn't die on the floating continent, at the end... He died without anyone, aside from Strago, knowing truly of his life, his past, his purpose or being... He had a daughter, a lover, but that was all taken away leaving only a 'Shadow' of the man he once was...That's Clyde, not Baram.

Slade
02-25-2006, 04:30 AM
Cyan. He was truly distraught after his family were murdered. You even had to do an entire mission to make him realize that it wasn't his fault :cry:

Crossblades
02-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Shadow, also known as Clyde... He died an enigma even if he didn't die on the floating continent, at the end... He died without anyone, aside from Strago, knowing truly of his life, his past, his purpose or being... He had a daughter, a lover, but that was all taken away leaving only a 'Shadow' of the man he once was... But then there's Gau... Another sad tale of an unwanted child... Not even fit to be an 'orphan'... :cry:

KoShiatar
02-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I think Gau somewhat does not fully understand what his father did to him and the consequences of not having one. You cannot miss what you never had. Given that, I think Cayenne's story is the saddest one.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Oh, he knows. He just hides it well. He's so courageous.

KoShiatar
02-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Maybe.

Daryl
02-27-2006, 02:49 AM
The Gau story is on the list, to be sure, but I also think Daryl's story was sad.

-N-
02-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Setzer and Daryl's story is easily #1 on my list, for sure.

Crossblades
02-27-2006, 04:23 PM
The Gau story is on the list, to be sure, but I also think Daryl's story was sad.

I forgot about the Daryl Story. That one is number 2 on my list

ljkkjlcm9
02-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I have to go with Cyan, especially being really connected with the story, ie. it being done by kefka. He's the only survivor of an entire kingdom, that has to be hard.

Actually, how about General Leo, he's dead....

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
02-27-2006, 06:12 PM
What about Sabin? Getting shunned by that little hottie Relm?

Actually, I'd have to agree that Setzer's story is a bummer. :(

Necronopticous
02-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Ultros has undoubtedly the saddest story in any Final Fantasy to date.

KoShiatar
02-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I actually got kinda moved when Relm made Ultros realize he was just a common octopus like the others.

Galford32
02-28-2006, 02:04 AM
I think the saddest story is Setzer's one with Daryl...

Zechs
02-28-2006, 06:09 AM
What about Terra? Being used by Kefka to slaughter numerous beings. Being a mental prissoner, being hunted for her 'natural ability', and finding out that your father was a creature used by greedy humans for power, at his, and all of Espers expence. Half of her bloodline controled for power. Seems that her history revolves around greed, dishonesty and death. Plus the fact she fell for someone, who again was taken from her.
She had definatly had a hard time throughout the story.

KoShiatar
02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
If you're talikng about Leo, it's debatable that she fell for him. But yes, Terra/Tina has a sad story. Not to mention the fact she does not know what love is when you first meet her, because she was raised in Gehstal's Empire as a sort of warrior machine.

Zeromus
03-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Shadow, and Gau story touched me... the other ones was sad too, but this 2 had more significance to me...

Roto13
03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
When Terra's mother realizes that she's just given her baby to a maniac. That was a horrible moment O_O

Also, whenever I see Owain's lifeless body fall out of his bed onto the floor, I still shudder.

Kirbyrox
03-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Setzer or gau

Evastio
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Cyan's story was the saddest. He lost everything because of Kefka. His home, his family, his friends. It was really sad when he saw his family board the Phantom Train.

blackmage_nuke
03-24-2006, 10:05 AM
all the gaurds terra, biggs and wedge killed in narshe in the begining of the game with the magitech armour, they didnt stand a chance...

But Cyan's story was pretty sad too

Almighty God of Paper
03-24-2006, 07:54 PM
I'll have to say that Terra's story was the most saddening. Because of her "differences", she was hunted down and held captive for most of her life. She was forced to slaughter innocent people, and was used as a tool for the Empire. She never knew her parents, and even the Returners treat her like she's... something else. For example, when either Locke or Edgar (can't remember which) says something like, "Wow, no HUMAN can do that...", Terra gets all upset, and I can't blame her. She just wants love and acceptance; something she never got since she was a baby.

Shadow's story also makes me very sad, and the scene where you first meet Cyan was heartbreaking. Setzer and Daryl's story was sad as well. Geez, just about everyone had a sad background. Well, c'est la vie.

FF_Chick
03-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I would have to say Locke and Rachel. It practicly made me cry almost... Locke must've been very very sad loosing a person very close to him.

Kalinda
03-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Cyan.. yes, yes.. that whole Phantom Train thing... :(

And the Locke and Rachel thing.. and Terra....

And I've forgotten some stuff.. I need to play the game again, it's been so long >>

Avathar
03-25-2006, 10:54 PM
my top sadness:

1. Cyan (common, he loses everything!:eek: )
2. Setzer & Daryl
3. Terra (& the Espers)