PDA

View Full Version : monkey island

lady yunalesca
02-25-2006, 12:09 AM
does anyone here remember the original MI on the com amiga????? it was an awesome game, very funny, really nifty and so addictive!!!

if there are any fans out there perhaps we could share our fave moments???

one that sticks out in my mind was baiting the crocodile with cheesey wiggles..................classic

Pauten
02-25-2006, 12:19 AM
One word... Classic.

~SapphireStar~
02-25-2006, 12:34 AM
The opening music is what makes me :) when I think about Monkey Island. An amazing series.

Samuraid
02-25-2006, 02:25 AM
I played Curse...awesome game! When I get some time, I want to go back through the older versions and play them too. :D

XxSephirothxX
02-25-2006, 02:33 AM
I've never played the Monkey Island games, though I'd like to go back and do some someday. I did play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, though, which was quite awesome. I'm not sure if it was the same team, but it was a Lucasarts game, and the same point-and-click adventure style. Classic stuff.

Samuraid
02-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Speaking of legacy Lucasarts games, The Dig was simply amazing.

lady yunalesca
02-25-2006, 10:15 PM
i always wanted to play LOOM after seeing it plugged so shamelessly in the first MI installment!!! :) has anyone played it?

Skarr
02-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I've never played any of the classic Lucasarts games. However whenever I get some more free time on my hands...I'll try to play some of them. Manily Grim Fandango.

Old Manus
02-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Monkey Island was one of the 2 games I had which actually were not copied

Levian
02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
What's the other game?

blackmage_nuke
02-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I remember that game from when before we had actual speakers and the pc just kinda made beeping noises, i never finished it, i still wish i had it so i could. I've finished curse of monkey island and escape from monkey island though

btw.. You fight like a cow!:p

amratis
02-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Speaking of legacy Lucasarts games, The Dig was simply amazing.

One of my favourite games ever. Such a great story-line, I remember just not being able to turn it off the first time I played it. Damn I hated Brink so much. I used to yell at him, but I did laugh when his hand got chopped off. Take that! ....:tumble:

As for the Monkey Islands, yup they're brilliant. Though never played the first one. Played the second one once, it was on floppy and has long been lost somewhere, I think I like the 3rd one best. I just loved the animation. Fourth one was pretty good too, all of them are genuinely funny games.

MoonsEcho
02-26-2006, 05:09 PM
The Monkey Island series is one of the best, in my opinion. I love the humor in those games. And yeah, the music is great. :)

I have played Loom, a long time ago. It was pretty interesting, but it was on a floppy on my aunt's old computer, and I have no idea what happened to it. :(

Old Manus
02-26-2006, 06:06 PM
What's the other game?
PGA Tour Golf

lady yunalesca
02-27-2006, 12:11 AM
what was loom about moonsecho??? mine were all on floppy too, all long lost! better than tapes though...anyone remember those???? they took ages to load but if you were really lucky you could play space invaders while it did!!! :)

Epiphany
02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm trying to find discs of Monkey Island, hoping to get the whole collection, but they're hard to find since they're so old.

MoonsEcho
02-27-2006, 06:43 AM
what was loom about moonsecho???
You play as Bobbin Threadbare, a member of the Weavers Guild. I'm a little fuzzy as to the intricate details of the story itself since it's been so long, but I do remember something happening in the beginning of the game that turned the other weavers into birds. It's a point and click adventure game, like Monkey Island, except you don't get to pick up items to solve puzzles. You learn music and you have to play it back on the looms to make things happen. It sounds odd, but it was really a great game. If I could find it on a cd I'd be incredibly happy. *wanders off to search eBay*

I'm trying to find discs of Monkey Island, hoping to get the whole collection, but they're hard to find since they're so old.
There are always copies on eBay, and I'm sure there are other places online to get the games, but if that's not your thing, check game stores in your area periodically. I have all four MI games, and I found them all in Babbages/GameStop, at different times. :)

Boosk
02-27-2006, 08:46 AM
yes! On the Amega. CLASSIC! Have the first 3 on PC :D

Altogether now!

Oh, there's a monkey in my pocket,
And he's stealing all my change,
His stare is blank and glassy,
I suspect that he's deranged...

*sigh*

Kagga:love:

~SapphireStar~
02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
There are always copies on eBay, and I'm sure there are other places online to get the games, but if that's not your thing, check game stores in your area periodically. I have all four MI games, and I found them all in Babbages/GameStop, at different times.
If you buy from Ebay, you have to download SCUMM in order to play them on your PC. Well thats what I had to do.

MoonsEcho
02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
If you buy from Ebay, you have to download SCUMM in order to play them on your PC. Well thats what I had to do.

You will if you buy the floppies. Getting the regular cd-ROM discs doesn't require SCUMM. Shouldn't, anyway. <_<

So-Luna
02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I played all the monkey island games. My favorite part was the insults:
-You fight like a dairy farmer.
-How appropriate you fight like cow.

Ahhh! what great times.

lady yunalesca
02-28-2006, 06:51 PM
I played all the monkey island games. My favorite part was the insults:
-You fight like a dairy farmer.
-How appropriate you fight like cow.

Ahhh! what great times.